Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why Blake’s Peace Out Matters

Maybe for you it doesn’t.  You’ve probably never met Blake.  I was fortunate enough to have met him.  His departure is a loss to the collective.  He is  a unique guy and salt of the earth. His sour dough and pizza dough threads are top shelf. 
I know why he checked out.  Funny many of my friends refute the negative progression that is obvious on the forum.  Status quo is comfortable.  Some of my friends tout the direction of the forum.  It’s not my forum.  Until cooking threads outnumber bs posts ,
cooking questions or beg questions with anyone cooking fish.  I’ll just stand by.  This is a cooking forum.  Post a great cook.
Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Peace out.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Have a good evening Brent
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Did it have anything to do w the ATL airport debacle?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Agree @bgebrent.  I motion that anyone starting a BS or far OT post be required to post 1 brisket cook and another smoking meat of their choice.  A 1:2 ratio of BS to brisket should keep the balance in check. 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • kaybee
    kaybee Posts: 120
    Not that my departure will have anything like the impact of Blake's but I'm gone too.

I just recently went through the process of deciding which of the two Q forums I follow I am going to put my cooking documentation efforts in to. It's not this one. I want to be able to send people links to posts that don't end up devolving into double blade razors, digestive effects of beets or the increasing vitriolic political discussion that is happening.

You folks have fun but I can't take it any more.
    Peace Out from kaybee too.

Off to unsubscribe my RSS feed,
    You'll find me over at Kamado Guru if interested, same handle.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited November 2018
    If he comes back now it's just going to be awkward. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    That's all right, these things gotta happen every five years or so, ten years. Helps to get rid of the bad blood; been ten years since the last one. You know, you gotta stop 'em at the beginning...like they shoulda stopped Hitler at Munich.  They should never have let him get away with that; they was just askin' for big trouble.

Was Clemenza talking about mob wars, or was he just truly ahead of his time and predicting 'state of the forum' threads?  We may never know.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 565
    Because of all the BS and sooting at each other on this site, I mostly use the Amazing RIBS Forum which is polite and has ADULTS not rich spoiled old teenagers.  I will continue to watch this forum some but may not do much posting.
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 565
    Has anyone ever wondered why most posts and most comments come from only the same few forum members.  Several I know do not want to get into all the BS and comment shots.   Look at Photo Egg and Stitch Charcoal for good comments. They seldom ever if ever blast people.  If we want to have a GREAT forum and have lots of users we need to be ADULTS about our posts.
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • GrillSgt said:
    I soot the sheriff but I did not soot the deputy. 
    There goes my coffee man.  All over the keyboard.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    bgebrent said:
    Maybe for you it doesn’t.  You’ve probably never met Blake.  I was fortunate enough to have met him.  His departure is a loss to the collective.  He is  a unique guy and salt of the earth. His sour dough and pizza dough threads are top shelf. 
    I know why he checked out.  Funny many of my friends refute the negative progression that is obvious on the forum.  Status quo is comfortable.  Some of my friends tout the direction of the forum.  It’s not my forum.  Until cooking threads outnumber bs posts ,
    cooking questions or beg questions with anyone cooking fish.  I’ll just stand by.  This is a cooking forum.  Post a great cook.
    The guy does turn out some amazing loaves. I follow his IG
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Image result for i have a mouth full of white dog **** gif

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Ok, GoFundMe is in the works......anybody ponying up $100+ gets one of these:

• SonVolt
    edited November 2018
    That is racist and offensive and can we maybe put one of his nipples from the apron pic on the T somewhere?
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Kelso
    Kelso Posts: 79
    Cliffs Notes for those of us that missed whats going on???

XL and a MM.  

League City, Texas
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Ok, GoFundMe is in the works......anybody ponying up $100+ gets one of these:

What is the value proposition. Love the T-shirt but are we trying to buy him back? I need more to go on in order to decide....I know it is Election Day and all....so details probably don’t matter. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    I think we need to call Bruce!
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited November 2018
    That’s your answer to everything.  Call Bruce Almighty. Lol 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SonVolt
    Kelso said:
    Cliffs Notes for those of us that missed whats going on???

Writes Dear John letter dedicated to the forum then doesn't really leave. 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    That’s your answer to everything.  Call Bruce Almighty. Lol 
    If everyone has called him as many times as I have said that Bruce probably hates my guts right about now.
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • CtTOPGUN said:
     I am a member of a few forum groups. I prefer forums over Facebook. To me, a member for only a few years, I think this place is fairly tame compared to some I frequent. The OT banter can be intriguing at times. We are certainly more than what we cook. I like that the forum acts as a full community. If I only want to read cooking threads it is pretty easy to do so. But I think I would miss out on the unique characters that are members. Although I don't get invalved in any mud slinging online, it does not scare or offend me. Count me in and staying around.

The OT banter is not intriguing; it's a pointless, distracting pain in the ass.  Don't know Blake, don't know his reasons for bolting.  I joined because this forum was recommended, but it's an infuriating mishmash of useless OT crap on many days.  If you want OT, then go to the shaving forum or the What Are You Doing Right Now forum.  But quit cluttering this one up with irrelevant b.s.  I haven't split yet, but this forum's relevance to my green kamado smoker is far, far less than I would like.  
    Virginia Beach, VA
  • SonVolt
    So fake news?