Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• JPakaPope
    Options
    Has anyone purchased products from Saddleback Leather?  I was looking at a new work bag ..... thanks. 
    Ames, Iowa
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    JPakaPope said:
    Has anyone purchased products from Saddleback Leather?  I was looking at a new work bag ..... thanks. 
    Only small items, I like the quality but not the price.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:
    Vitamix had their road show set up at our local Costco this weekend. I didn’t get it but the new vitamix is digital and Bluetooth and they have a Bluetooth scale they sell now you just put the canister on the scale and choose a recipe and connect your phone or tablet and it tells you by weight when you have the right amount of the ingredient. The guy made a apple cinnamon ice cream and showed us how it works it’s pretty cool. It’s not crazy expensive compared to past models it may be cheaper even it was $580 with the vitamix and scale. 
    This is a prime example of why I keep saying that innovation is in a huge lull. Slapping Bluetooth on crap that doesn’t need it isn’t innovation but it seems like it’s all the rage. 
    It really was pretty cool. I make the kids ice cream all the time in ours and it’s either too runny or I have to add liquid. You could also take the scale when you were done with the glass you are putting it in and it will tell you the nutritional information for your glass by weight. It would be good once the children get a little older so they can do it themselves. The scale was sensitive enough that it registered every time he put a little cinnamon in and it shows you like a sliding bar so you see how much of the total amount required that you have added. I would get it for sure if I didn’t buy one in the last year. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    I could take the above from @DoubleEgger and apply to automobiles.  We have made driving a secondary function to time spent in a car.  Of course, sitting stationary (even in said auto unless clueless at a stop-light) when messing about with technology is a whole lot less dangerous to the remainder of society than rolling down the road oblivious to anything outside your perceived universe.  But we keep introducing features that add to the driver distraction level and then wonder "How could this accident happen?"  Drive the car or screw around with your technology/phone but it's one or the other for me.  Yes, I have a lawn and I am off the soap-box.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Eoin said:
    2,000 litres of heating oil.
    Will that get you through winter? We burn around 100 gallons a month with the wood stove going too
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JPakaPope
    JPakaPope Posts: 32
    edited October 2018
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    JPakaPope said:
    Only small items, I like the quality but not the price.
    Prices are high - it’s a want and not a need.

Thanks for your response. 
    Ames, Iowa
  • smokegetsinyoureyes
    Options
    smokegetsinyoureyes said:
    Tomorrow:   and MatchLight for my first ever cook.

=) 

Welcome, But please tell me this is a joke.
    But, of course. 

Need to do a proper intro here soon. Excited to join the family. 

I like to cook. (Think Garth from Wayne’s World saying “I like to play.”)
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Eoin said:
    2,000 litres of heating oil.
    Will that get you through winter? We burn around 100 gallons a month with the wood stove going too
    Probably about enough for the winter. It's a 2,500 litre tank, not quite empty but I want it full to get through to spring. We use maybe 3,000 litres a year, the boiler is doing hot water all year. We run a stove as well, mostly smokeless fuel plus some wood.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Just ordered a pair of overalls. Got a pair of seconds for almost half price. For hunting, fishing and shaving, seconds is just fine. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I bought my kids school pictures.  I need to start a GoFundMe. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Just got a load of firewood.  Firepit season is upon us.

Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options

I'm lazy, don't even split it anymore. 1 full loader bucket of logs burns all night. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    I guess I’m a bit lazy too - I buy it pre-split by the pallet. 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

Man i have had issues finding decent fire wood (for delivery) the last two years. I am actually renting a UHaul tailor on Friday and going to pick some up. What ever happened to delivery and stack? I have enough to start the season off....but like you....its time.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Earlier today I recived a email from my local ABC Board telling me one bottle of Peerless KY straight rye was unclaimed.  I would be glad to pick it up for anyone that is interested .  I know nothing about this whisky but at $130 it's way out of my price range. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• milesvdustin
    Options
    Yikes, 130 bucks is a lot of bottles of evan Williams. 

Sam Adam's winter lager is out now. I am happy. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• SGH
    Options
    I haven’t pulled the trigger yet, but I’m eyeing these shaving soaps mighty hard. I see them in my near future. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Scottie, how are you going through so much shaving soap?  Is it like a teen going through Kleenex?
    Options
    Scottie, how are you going through so much shaving soap?  
    I shave often and early.  

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SGH said:
    Scottie, how are you going through so much shaving soap?  
    I shave often and early.  
    Oh, like voting.   =);)
    Options
    I’m eyeing these food containers as well. They could pull double duty as lather warmers. Just saying.....

Status- Standing by.

• NorthPilot06
    Options
    Earlier - Two raffle tickets at a golf outing. 

Now - Converted into a two night trip in Playa del Carmen :)

Luck is on my side today, is there a powerball drawing tonight? ;)
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • BGEChicago
    Options
    I also received some shaving supplies.. this soap smells awesome 

Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • SGH
    Options
    I also received some shaving supplies.. this soap smells awesome 

I’m a Stirling fan myself. I also like the classic Barbershop 💈 scent. Enjoy my friend and shave on.  

Status- Standing by.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,347
    Options
    CGS goodies for the XL. Don't even have the damn thing yet but I know I'll need the AR/Woo combo! 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Just bought 4 pre-sale tickets for the KISS end of the road tour
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,866
    Options
    Scottie, how are you going through so much shaving soap?  Is it like a teen going through Kleenex?
    If ever there was a question that you came to regret asking.....   Let just agree that he is probably very fast through water now. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • SGH
    Options
    @nolaegghead
    Im sending you one of my personal favorites for Christmas. 

Status- Standing by.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    SGH said:
    Just ordered a pair of overalls. Got a pair of seconds for almost half price. For hunting, fishing and shaving, seconds is just fine. 

Be sure to post a pic of you in your 3/4s!