Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Lightweights 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Buy SĀO Miguelo if you can. 
    2014, one of the best wines and wine values anywhere.
    I will be glad to buy 2-4 cases.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Dinner party.

The unoaked chard is great. As are the cabs. Glad to see you’re saving your 2011’s for when we can visit  =)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    Dinner party.

The unoaked chard is great. As are the cabs. Glad to see you’re saving your 2011’s for when we can visit  =)
    Have way better than 2011s.....come on up, we will ruin a couple of wine openers...
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    DMW said:
    Made tuna steaks, burgers, and veggies on the Blackstone tonight.

Tuna and veggies were for tonight, burgers are make ahead for lunch tomorrow. Thinking of getting a dog, going to check out some Boston Terrier puppies tomorrow afternoon.

Get a golden, best dogs. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    DMW said:

Tuna and veggies were for tonight, burgers are make ahead for lunch tomorrow. Thinking of getting a dog, going to check out some Boston Terrier puppies tomorrow afternoon.

Get a golden, best dogs. 
    Need an inside dog, golden would be too big.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:

Get a golden, best dogs. 
    Need an inside dog, golden would be too big.
    You only get a Golden if you have room for a XXL like Dwayne 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Flare going off. I hope they really let it rip one good time. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    After @tarheelmatt 's steak motivational thread I had to cook one.  Life gets in the way sometimes, so after being audibled out last night I decided to have a very late luncheon banquet.  Mind you, pedestrian pics to follow but it got the job done.
    Reverse sear to 120*F (2lb Costco prime ribeye)- then into the caveman pit:
    About 60 secs /side then off to the altar.
    Worked for me.  Thanks for lookin'.  Had a nice mahogany finish-trust me  =).
    Great looking steak.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Conan the Barbarian on Cinemax.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @Dyal_SC Now that is the way to jump start Saturday.  Looks and sounds great. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    After @tarheelmatt 's steak motivational thread I had to cook one.  Life gets in the way sometimes, so after being audibled out last night I decided to have a very late luncheon banquet.  Mind you, pedestrian pics to follow but it got the job done.
    Reverse sear to 120*F (2lb Costco prime ribeye)- then into the caveman pit:
    About 60 secs /side then off to the altar.
    Worked for me.  Thanks for lookin'.  Had a nice mahogany finish-trust me  =).

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Slaved over this creation. Really hard to get the crust perfectly round. 
    Gawjus!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Feeling the pain of too much bourbon. I don’t recover the way I used to.....thank goodness the family schedule is very light today
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Going to tailgate the Gamecock/Tennessee game with @northGAcock and found these in his car. Not judging but really?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Nice looking pie @pgprescott!
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Tied it off to big John
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Chicken and sausage gumbo. Seemed fitting with this weather. Could have egged the chicken but I didn't. Cajun seasoned and sous vide.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    @dmw awesome! What a cute little guy. Congrats  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Churchill?
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Churchill?
    Smith (from Orwell's 1984)?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I'd like to say there was some deep meaning behind the name selection, but my son googled "Boston Terrier names" and he liked Winston, and so did the rest of us. But Churchill or Smith work.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Possumtrot
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Going to tailgate the Gamecock/Tennessee game with @northGAcock and found these in his car. Not judging but really?
    Hopefully that portends a Vol (ictory) tonight, but not counting on it.  Hopefully @northGAcock made his patented boiled peanuts for you guys.  They would be a good consolation prize for me - along with his Bloody Marys's.

Just got back from the Scenic City Eggfest in Cleveland Tn and had a remarkable good time.  Many cooks, good food, a really nice venue, nicely stocked store area and reasonably close by (2hrs).  May have to work this one in next year.

You guys have a good time.  I'll have to watch on the old OLED TV and drink.

Henry
    Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Picking up a John Deere rental to bury a horse.  Not my plan for the day.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin