Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT ooni Uuni Pro OT

Ok I searched for Uuni pro and the only negative I saw was their communication problem with the delay of the gas burner in the US. I did not see any other reviews. Does anyone have the pro with the gas burner accessory? If so what do they think I just saw that they are having a pizza month sale and are offering a bundle package for $599.99 https://ooni.com/collections/shop-all/products/uuni-pro-national-pizza-month-bundle
It includes the uuni pro + Pizza peel + cover + gas burner + uni gloves
I haven't searched to see if this is the best price or if there are any further discounts but thinking of jumping on this so please any feedback let me know good or bad or if the Roccobox which has a lot of positive reviews on here is the way I should go and forget Uuni
Long Island NY    
1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    I think everyone here is on Team Roccbox so they'll suggest getting the Roccbox. They both have their quirks and learning curve and either is capable of doing the job.
    Lots of users in the Uuni Pro Community group on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/615249602199062/
    It seems most folks are happy with the gas burner for the Pro.
    I have been considering the same package from Ooni. Or a Roccbox. Or both. Or neither :)
    I'm leaning towards the Ooni Pro as it does really well with wood and if I want to get that package deal I need to decide sooner rather than later.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• What size pies can you bake in either? I like a 16” pizza
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• The knocks on the OONI I've heard are:

1) steep learning curve, although maybe that changed with gas
    2) not really all that portable

Other than that, it looks like a nice oven to me.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    I think now that the gas option is FINALLY available it's a contender.
    But comparing the OONI Pro's portability to the Roccbox is not a fair fight because the Pro will cook a bigger pie because it is larger. If you want portability choose the smaller OONI. I also like the option to use the larger window on the Pro to cook other types of food. 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • I’d also recommend taking a look at the oven mentioned in this thread:

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1216300/ot-another-compact-pizza-oven-contender#latest

• mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    @alaskanassasin looks like the uuni is 16"
    @JohnInCarolina not looking to make portable as of now and learning curve would be for any oven i assume but i do plan on using gas. I also looked at the ardore and ill post my findings next

Long Island NY    
  • mlc2013
    so im trying to make my decision on unni pro and now this the price difference is not terrible as $834.00 delivered tax and all for the Ardore which is brand new but a reputable company just the stove and $651.00 delivered tax and all for the ooni uuni pro which comes with a peel, and cover, and gas burner, and glove. So for value the uuni is ahead but I have not heard and reviews on the Ardore as it is so new and all the reviews I have heard on the uuni seem to be good besides customer service response times, So i sent a few questions to them yesterday and had 4 separate emails today answering all my questions maybe they fixed their customer service problems.  as far as I can see the Ardore is a little bigger giving you a surface for 15.75 x 15.75 with a mouth size of 14.2 x 5.7 high weighing 40lbs and the uuni is 17.7 x 17.7 with a mouth 16 x 6 of and weighing 57lbs The Ardore takes about 20 min too come to max temp 1000 where the uuni takes about 10 min 930 I think im going to go for the Uuni will give myself to the weekend to decide not sure how long the bundle sale is going to last. What say you guys?
    Long Island NY    
  • Photo Egg
    mlc2013 said:
    so im trying to make my decision on unni pro and now this the price difference is not terrible as $834.00 delivered tax and all for the Ardore which is brand new but a reputable company just the stove and $651.00 delivered tax and all for the ooni uuni pro which comes with a peel, and cover, and gas burner, and glove. So for value the uuni is ahead but I have not heard and reviews on the Ardore as it is so new and all the reviews I have heard on the uuni seem to be good besides customer service response times, So i sent a few questions to them yesterday and had 4 separate emails today answering all my questions maybe they fixed their customer service problems.  as far as I can see the Ardore is a little bigger giving you a surface for 15.75 x 15.75 with a mouth size of 14.2 x 5.7 high weighing 40lbs and the uuni is 17.7 x 17.7 with a mouth 16 x 6 of and weighing 57lbs The Ardore takes about 20 min too come to max temp 1000 where the uuni takes about 10 min 930 I think im going to go for the Uuni will give myself to the weekend to decide not sure how long the bundle sale is going to last. What say you guys?
    Your logic seems sound to me.
    But I do like the sleek look and side burner of the Adore. I also like that the Adore does not have the 6 foot smoke stack coming out the top.
    But then again, Ooni Pro, having an actual door can add to it's versatility as an oven type cooker.
    Are you sure one weekend is enough time to figure this out?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • run53
    run53 Posts: 121
    edited October 2018
    For the money, it's sure hard to beat the Blackstone pizza oven. I picked one up for $280 in June and it's been the best cooking purchase I ever made. I've been making pizzas for 20 years and it's practically foolproof. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like you can get them anymore. I heard they are redesigning it.

Large BGE - 2017
    PSWoo with extention
    Thermopen and DOT

Boston, Mass
  • mlc2013
    @Photo Egg solid point I’m not sure of anything anymore. Need to see how high the smoke stack on the ardore. I do like the side flame
    Long Island NY    
  • Photo Egg
    mlc2013 said:
    @Photo Egg solid point I’m not sure of anything anymore. Need to see how high the smoke stack on the ardore. I do like the side flame
    I don't think the Adore has a stack, similar to Roccbox.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • mlc2013
     You are correct no smokestack I hate to be one of the first users but looks like pizza party has been around for a while and has a lot of followers I looked at pizza making forum so I guess I’m gonna do a 360 and get the more expensive unit and hopefully you do get what you pay for but again this decision might change 10 more times before the end of the week 
    Long Island NY    
  • mlc2013 said:
     You are correct no smokestack I hate to be one of the first users but looks like pizza party has been around for a while and has a lot of followers I looked at pizza making forum so I guess I’m gonna do a 360 and get the more expensive unit and hopefully you do get what you pay for but again this decision might change 10 more times before the end of the week 
    You're pulling a 180, not a 360.  

Sorry - I'm an ahole.  
  • mlc2013

What makes it even worse is that I wrote  180 and then changed it to 360 that’s how baffled I am right now I don’t even know simple geometry 
    Long Island NY    
  • mlc2013
    Well let’s be honest I never actually knew simple geometry
    Long Island NY    
  • Photo Egg
    mlc2013 said:

What makes it even worse is that I wrote  180 and then changed it to 360 that’s how baffled I am right now I don’t even know simple geometry 
    I know it's a mind battle right now. But both units look great and I'm sure you would be happy either way...
    The Wood option with the Pro seems nice. But I bet after I tried it once, and had to clean up the mess, I would never do it again unless there was a propane shortage.
    The stones in the Adore also look real thick. Don't know if that makes it better or just heavier.lol
    I got tired of trying to make up my mind and found a Wisco 561 electric.
    I'm going to try and modify it to hold a pizza stone and test it more.
    My first attempt was promising using just the wire rack.
    If it all fails it will be great for making nachos and frozen pizza.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • mlc2013
    I just sent another message to simone hopefully he gets back to me tom as i know its 6 hours ahead of us. I just dont know how long the sale on uuni is going to last, I do know the sale on ardore has only 33 hours left. So ill leave it up to pizza party to make my decision if they dont get back to me before the 33 hours ill go ahead with uuni pro.
    Long Island NY    
  • mlc2013
    Photo Egg I got the code if your still interested looks like im ordering the ardore with the lighter base. I must not change my mind in the next 5 minutes

Long Island NY    
  • mlc2013
    maybe its karma but i have tried to order the Ardore 5 times now and my order keeps getting canceled i call my cc company and they say everything is good on their end. ill give it one more try
    Long Island NY    
  • I thought the blackstone was no longer available 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• mlc2013
    alaskanassasin it isnt
    Long Island NY    
  • mlc2013
    okay ordered so lets see how i like the ardore
    Long Island NY    
  • mlc2013 said:
    okay ordered so lets see how i like the ardore
    Yeah keep us posted!
  • mlc2013
    JohnInCarolina will do
    the side flame and no big flume plus the fact the company has been around for a while pushed me over the edge. I wish I new someone with the uuni so i can compare once i get it

Long Island NY    
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    mlc2013 said:
    ... I wish I new someone with the uuni so i can compare once i get it

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=50066.0;topicseen
    Congrats on your Ardore purchase!
    canuckland
  • mlc2013
    Canugghead
    thanks im sure ill love it, was looking for more of a comparison side by side same dough same cook type of deal maybe ill convince a neighbor to buy one once the eat za from mine

Long Island NY    
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    @mlc2013 the following for the Pizza Party ovens is pretty impressive - and they use the Saputo tiles (which have lower conductivity than the cordierite stones in the Uuni).  That's a good thing if you want to make neopolitan style pies.

For example, my WFO has firebricks as the floor material - if I get to ~950F floor temps or above, my pizzas will combust immediately.  I've found that 850 floor temps are ideal for neopolitan pizzas for my oven...but if I had the Saputo biscotti floor, I could target a floor temp of 900-950F.
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    I think you'll be very happy with your purchase.
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • mlc2013
    @NorthPilot06 the neopolitan pizza is the main reason I went with Ardmore with the saputo over the uuni.  I’m excited for its delivery and sure I’ll love it
    Long Island NY