Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - another compact pizza oven contender

Options
Canugghead
Canugghead Posts: 11,583
Saw this on pizzamaking forum today, new model from an established company. Competition is good!
https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=54604.0;topicseen
Would love to see a Roccbox vs. Ooni vs. Ardore head to head.

canuckland

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,365
    Options
    I assuming we'll be seeing many of these type of portable pizza ovens from Chinese vendors any day now.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I assuming we'll be seeing many of these type of portable pizza ovens from Chinese vendors any day now.
    But they won't be affordable, because...tariffs... 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,365
    Options
    DMW said:
    HeavyG said:
    But they won't be affordable, because...tariffs... 
    I was told by a very re-LIE-able source that the Chinese would pay the tariffs!

Don't tell me I was misinformed.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    That is a really nice looking oven!  I’d take a hard look at it if I didn’t already have a RB.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,583
    edited October 2018
    Options
    That is a really nice looking oven!  I’d take a hard look at it if I didn’t already have a RB.
    indeed... I really like the long burner tube design. It appears some folks are already replacing their RB with this one. If I don't already own a  Maximus and a self-fueled Camp Chef, it would be easier to justify  :)  It would also be interesting to see big players like Weber joining.
    edit: btw I paid 300 loonies only for the Maximus and Camp Chef combined.
    canuckland
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,094
    Options
    I don’t have a RB. I’m having a hard look. :D
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,357
    Options
    Looks nice. $114 for shipping...Ouch
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Options
    so im trying to make my decision on unni pro and now this the price difference is not terrible as $834.00 delivered tax and all for the Ardore which is brand new but a reputable company just the stove and $651.00 delivered tax and all for the ooni uuni pro which comes with a peel, and cover, and gas burner, and glove. So for value the uuni is ahead but I have not heard and reviews on the Ardore as it is so new and all the reviews I have heard on the uuni seem to be good besides customer service response times, So i sent a few questions to them yesterday and had 4 separate emails today answering all my questions maybe they fixed their customer service problems.  as far as I can see the Ardore is a little bigger giving you a surface for 15.75 x 15.75 with a mouth size of 14.2 x 5.7 high weighing 40lbs and the uuni is 17.7 x 17.7 with a mouth 16 x 6 of and weighing 57lbs The Ardore takes about 20 min too come to max temp 1000 where the uuni takes about 10 min 930 I think im going to go for the Uuni will give myself to the weekend to decide not sure how long the bundle sale is going to last. What say you guys?

Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I guess there is another discount code to be had if you sign up to their site but I can't seem to do it.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Saw this on pizzamaking forum today, new model from an established company. Competition is good!
    https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=54604.0;topicseen
    Would love to see a Roccbox vs. Ooni vs. Ardore head to head.

Also kinds like the side heat tube. Seems like it would easier to spot a over cooked side as apposed to the back.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • mlc2013
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    I guess there is another discount code to be had if you sign up to their site but I can't seem to do it.
    I signed up to their site and the only code i can find is another $60.00 on cyber  monday waiting for a response tom question on their site which is exactly that what is the new (other) discount code
    Long Island NY    
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    Photo Egg said:
    I signed up to their site and the only code i can find is another $60.00 on cyber  monday waiting for a response tom question on their site which is exactly that what is the new (other) discount code
    Great, thank you!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • twells
    twells Posts: 3
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I’m currently in China. Now I need to resist the urge to go find one of theses.  Imagine coming home with this in tow.
  • mlc2013
    Options
    FYI
    pizza party is offering a 40% discount for another 32 hours and an additional $60.00 off coupon code if you join their forum, still more expensive then the Uuni pro with the deal they have going on right now for pizza month, but not by much
    Long Island NY