Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT ooni Uuni Pro OT

Options
1235»

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    @mlc2013 and @ColtsFan I should ask Simone for finder's fees and apply it towards my purchase, lol! Got the discount code but still resisting. btw, with the $60 Biscotto Saputo upgrade you don't get the stock refractory slabs, right?
    canuckland
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @mlc2013 and @ColtsFan I should ask Simone for finder's fees and apply it towards my purchase, lol! Got the discount code but still resisting. btw, with the $60 Biscotto Saputo upgrade you don't get the stock refractory slabs, right?
    @mlc2013 can confirm  but that's my understanding 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Correct, it’s not real clear on the web site, but it is an upgrade. So no original set of stones if you order Biscotto.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Options
    ColtsFan I apologize for being a part of sucking your wallet dry but expect a thank you when she says that was the best pizza I ever ate worth every penny IMO. With that said if you get a good dough recipe your happy with please do tell. Im trying 2 more this weekend and lets see where that gets me
    Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    You won’t be unhappy with a multi-day ferment at 60F. All you need is yeast, 00 flour, salt, and water. :)
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • mlc2013
    Options
    NorthPilot06 Im working on a dough in a few for tomorrow lunch lets see what happens

Long Island NY    
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    edited November 2018
    Options
    No picts but it DID happen.  I was too busy making pizzas last week for 45 people   to take lifts.  I had two roccboxes fired by propane and I cranked out 19 pies in just about two hrs and two minutes.   

Freaken awesome...,

Ooni could do the same thing but they lost me with their lousy communication....
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    edited November 2018
    Options
    No picts but it DID happen.  I was too busy making pizzas last week for 45 people   to take lifts.  I had two roccboxes fired by propane and I cranked out 19 pies in just about two hrs and two minutes.   

Freaken awesome...,

Ooni could do the same thing but they lost me with their lousy communication....

Image result for pictures or it didnt happen

I kid, I kid....  Just giving you the business as JIC says.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Wanasmoke
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Nice first effort!
    This post has more food photos than I've taken in my entire life! :)
    Even tho I have a Blackstone I've been thinking about getting either an Ooni Pro or a Roccbox. I went ahead and got the discount code for this oven and now I just have to decide. That  will be tough because I was already suffering from paralysis by analysis with just the two options.
    Following a thread on this oven over on the pizzamaking forum and although the floor of the Ardore is larger than the Ooni and Rbox word seems to be that getting in pies over about 12" might be a bit tricky so, realistically, this oven might be best at making pies about the same size as the other two ovens.
    I should probably just say screw it and go ahead and get the Fontana Mangiafuoco or Marinara oven since that is what I really want anyway.

@HeavyG  I bought the Mangifuoco this spring and I am SO happy I did!  It does not disappoint and I’ve used it for many other cooks besides pizza. They have an Instagram  video feed with new step by step recipes weekly. Worth the expense imo
    LBGE in Elm Grove, WI
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Wanasmoke said:
    HeavyG said:
    Nice first effort!
    Even tho I have a Blackstone I've been thinking about getting either an Ooni Pro or a Roccbox. I went ahead and got the discount code for this oven and now I just have to decide. That  will be tough because I was already suffering from paralysis by analysis with just the two options.
    Following a thread on this oven over on the pizzamaking forum and although the floor of the Ardore is larger than the Ooni and Rbox word seems to be that getting in pies over about 12" might be a bit tricky so, realistically, this oven might be best at making pies about the same size as the other two ovens.
    I should probably just say screw it and go ahead and get the Fontana Mangiafuoco or Marinara oven since that is what I really want anyway.

@HeavyG  I bought the Mangifuoco this spring and I am SO happy I did!  It does not disappoint and I’ve used it for many other cooks besides pizza. They have an Instagram  video feed with new step by step recipes weekly. Worth the expense imo
    Sweet! Gas or wood fired? Did you spring for the optional Saputo Biscotto stones?

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• mlc2013
    Options
    Okay I really need a mixer I just got done mixing and balling 40 dough balls for tom festivities. I know Im suppose to slow it down and make a few at a time and test them and check my recipe, there is just not enough time for that.
    It have so much going un till xmas so I dive in again head first, hopefully I made this batch better then before. Ill try and remember to take picture tom. I have made a full tray of bowtie pasta with peas and broccoli, a full tray of bake ziti in bolognese sauce, a full tray of sausage potatoes and onion, and a full tray of meatball farm. There should be around 70 ppl at tom biking event and I hope they're hungry. Here is a look at the dough just starting their second fermentation.

Long Island NY    
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    Okay I really need a mixer I just got done mixing and balling 40 dough balls for tom festivities. I know Im suppose to slow it down and make a few at a time and test them and check my recipe, there is just not enough time for that.
    It have so much going un till xmas so I dive in again head first, hopefully I made this batch better then before. Ill try and remember to take picture tom. I have made a full tray of bowtie pasta with peas and broccoli, a full tray of bake ziti in bolognese sauce, a full tray of sausage potatoes and onion, and a full tray of meatball farm. There should be around 70 ppl at tom biking event and I hope they're hungry. Here is a look at the dough just starting their second fermentation.

Goodness gracious great balls of fire!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Definitely proofed the proof!
  • Wanasmoke
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Wanasmoke said:
    HeavyG said:
    Nice first effort!

Sweet! Gas or wood fired? Did you spring for the optional Saputo Biscotto stones?

@HeavyG  I did not.... I don’t remember seeing anything about those. But I will be looking them up right now!
    LBGE in Elm Grove, WI
  • mlc2013
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I didn’t take any pictures. So it probably didn’t happen. Oh wait a few people posted a few on Facebook so here is what they posted. 

I made 40 doughs late Friday night/ sat morning and after the first short fermentation 20 minutes I balled them and then let the last room temp ferment for 6-8 hours. 

The crust was great, airy, crunchy, and delicious. 

I cooked all 40 pies but made the people stretch and top their own dough after I made the first 15 as I couldn’t keep up. I only lost 1 pie I dropped it off the peel loading it. 

I have ave a short video but don’t now how to upload it. 
    Long Island NY    
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    I didn’t take any pictures. So it probably didn’t happen. Oh wait a few people posted a few on Facebook so here is what they posted. 

Uh oh what’s going on here?
  • mlc2013
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina he was telling me he was a pizza maker for 20 years and that I was cooking the pizza to fast at to high of heat. Then he asked me what is the different dough I’m using and he has never heard of “00” but still continuing to tell me I’m wrong. After pumping out 39 of 40 pies that people loved he just got on my nerves
    Long Island NY    
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    @JohnInCarolina he was telling me he was a pizza maker for 20 years and that I was cooking the pizza to fast at to high of heat. Then he asked me what is the different dough I’m using and he has never heard of “00” but still continuing to tell me I’m wrong. After pumping out 39 of 40 pies that people loved he just got on my nerves
    The world is filled with morons just like this my  friend. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    Maybe he just wasn’t a very good pizza maker for all that time :smiley: 

That’s quite an operation you had going! Keep that up and your crew is going to get spoiled. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • mlc2013
    Options
    @caliking my crew is definitely spoiled, we road today and everyone was asking where is the pizza oven. LOL 

Long Island NY    
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    I wonder if it’s that dude that used to post here stating that his family’s dough could cure cancer and make you shoot diamonds out of your ass but never posted a recipe. He was always quick to criticize others, though, so he had that going for him.
  • mlc2013
    Options
    Eggcelsior now that you said that I vaguely remember him saying something about the cure for cancer it just may be him  =)=)
    Long Island NY