Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Chicken, sweet potato, spinach green curry on some new GF noodles I found at Costco.  Another too much rain, no egg night, but this was goood.

Buy this if you’re not into making curry paste from scratch.  Amazing.

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Spreading three triaxle loads of gravel on my parking area and drive......
    Not my hand I hope?! 
    Using a tractor, only doing the very sides by the house and other areas with a shovel and rake. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    At Curate

That octopus...looks amazing.  That good?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    At Curate

That octopus...looks amazing.  That good?
    Indeed.  It was all good.  We’ve had a few meals here and it never disappoints.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    At Hole Doughnuts:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    At Hole Doughnuts:

Dude!!  You're killing me.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Playing in Sedona, Az.

Go to Devil's Bridge. Then take the Scenic Route 89A up to Flagstaff and then back down again.
    I took the OHV trail to Devil's Bridge and Van Deren Cabin (hiked up Devil's bridge), took the Outlaw Trail to the Honanki Ruins, the ran Schnebly Trail into Flagstaff at sunset.  Pic is from top of Mogollon Rim.  Now I am relaxing at the hotel totally worn out.

It's a hell of a hike isn't it? But man its awesome. Are you guys staying in Flagstaff? If so you should go check out Sunset Crater National Monument during the day. Then if you can manage it, drive back there late that night and check out the sky. There is a parking lot in the campground where a couple of the trails converge. I took some insane nighttime photos. I was literally speechless. If you don't believe in a higher power you might after catching a glimpse of the sky there.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    If you want to drive the OCD crowd crazy...

What kind of maniac would do that?
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Or this..Image result for ocd gas pump picture
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    Or this..Image result for ocd gas pump picture

I'm not OCD but that even drives me crazy. Every time I get gas I have to end on either a 0 or a 5 or it will drive me crazy.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,093
    Options
    Playing in Sedona, Az.

Go to Devil's Bridge. Then take the Scenic Route 89A up to Flagstaff and then back down again.
    I took the OHV trail to Devil's Bridge and Van Deren Cabin (hiked up Devil's bridge), took the Outlaw Trail to the Honanki Ruins, the ran Schnebly Trail into Flagstaff at sunset.  Pic is from top of Mogollon Rim.  Now I am relaxing at the hotel totally worn out.

It's a hell of a hike isn't it? But man its awesome. Are you guys staying in Flagstaff? If so you should go check out Sunset Crater National Monument during the day. Then if you can manage it, drive back there late that night and check out the sky. There is a parking lot in the campground where a couple of the trails converge. I took some insane nighttime photos. I was literally speechless. If you don't believe in a higher power you might after catching a glimpse of the sky there.
    Unfortunately it was just a quick trip, headed back today.  Last night on the rim was overcast so no stars, but trade-off was amazing sunset.

We come up here a few times a year, next time will add Sunset Crater to our list.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Getting ready to board a flight (Columbia SC- and a rather nice airport as they go)....headed on a quick trip to Chicago. I can report status of O’Hara later this evening / tomorrow afternoon. =)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    The weekend cook stretches on. Two bone in Boston Butts 15.89 lbs total, just meat and smoke again. Three more to do before Saturday. Watching the dome temp and drinking a Texas adult beverage before the rains dump over here from Michaels bands.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Convinced the wife pork chops on the small were needed for tonight. Win. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Convinced the wife pork chops on the small were needed for tonight. Win. 
    Always a win with poke chops!
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options

Pete, you're not a new egger and that's way too clean. Nice new unit!
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options

Pete, you're not a new egger and that's way too clean. Nice new unit!
    Taking it to the tailgate Saturday. Thanks 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Cut the front yard and swept the driveway.  Ready for the break in temps that comes tomorrow.  Been in the 80's and 90's, tomorrow's high is 61.  Hello to fall finally.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Cut the front yard and swept the driveway.  Ready for the break in temps that comes tomorrow.  Been in the 80's and 90's, tomorrow's high is 61.  Hello to fall finally.
    Somebody needs to spring for a blower. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Currently in the market for one and a trimmer/edger as well.
    Although my driveway is only 40-50ft long.  I can make quick work of it with a push broom, lol.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    They also work awesome for cleaning out the garage. One of those light bulb moments when I was using my air compressor to clean dirt/dust out of the garage.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Prepping a chuck roast for roast beef po boys tomorrow.

LBGE
    AL
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Working on building a pirogue. Had to have my buddies dad help me figure out how to correctly perform a scarf joint...in theory I knew but practical is different 

2 sheets lapped together. Tomorrow getting epoxied and clamped (supposed to pour rain tonight)
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    One week from tomorrow I will be driving to BWI (thanks @Eggcelsior) to board a flight to NOLA for a few days. 

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Legume said:
    Chicken, sweet potato, spinach green curry on some new GF noodles I found at Costco.  Another too much rain, no egg night, but this was goood.

Buy this if you’re not into making curry paste from scratch.  Amazing.

we stock that stuff, it's a huge time saver.