Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Masalawurst chili cheese Tejas dog...

caliking
caliking Posts: 18,731
edited September 2018 in EggHead Forum
A recent thread by @RRP rekindled an old hankering for a chili cheese dog. Couldn’t get it out of my mind for a week or two, so I got to it. 

Started  with masalawurst and a Tejas sausage from our hog rearing adventures of yore. Figured the masalawurst had the spices that chili called for ( and then some). Added onion, smoked paprika for color, and a healthy bit of garlic. Sautéed in bacon fat, then added chopped tomatoes. 

Coming together. 

Refrigerated overnight to let it all get friendly. 

Made rolls and buns this morning. Take note,@Foghorn

Grilled up the Tejas. 

Lay down some of the Tejas drippings down in the cut roll, and a bit of the chili, so the chili hit the tongue before the meat. Then Tejas, chili, sharp cheddar, and onion. Flamed the cheddar and onions to add an extra flavor note to the whole mess. 

Plated shot with Zapps Voodoo chips. I have no idea why folks bother eating any other chips. 

This, my friends, is the face of glory. 

This honestly ranks as one of the best things I have put together. Instant foodgasm. 

And yes, those are crushed pork rinds on top. Because it seemed appropriate. And because I can. And because SWMBO is out of town. 

cali out :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments