Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited September 2018
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Congrats Scottie!  That’s quite an accomplishment and a well deserved victory lap.
    Thank you brother Brent. I thought due to my age, I better shape up a little so I could still whip all those liberal idiots ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    Congrats Scottie!  That’s quite an accomplishment and a well deserved victory lap.
    Thank you brother Brent. I thought due to my age, I better shape a little so I could still whip all those liberal idiots ;)
    On a serious note, it’s the hardest thing that I have ever done. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    Thank you brother Brent. I thought due to my age, I better shape a little so I could still whip all those liberal idiots ;)
    Pushing that Ford will burn some calories...  ;)
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    Like fixing a transducer?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    edited September 2018
    Options
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    I bought a 5 year extended warranty for 4,800 bucks. So I shouldn’t have to push it for the next 4 1/2 years  =)
    I was thinking ahead. 

Status- Standing by.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    That was a 10 minute fix after some Georgia Tech engineering.  

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    SGH said:
    You speak the truth, and congrats, well done. I lost a similar amount, went from just over 230 down to just under 150. I'm up around 160 now, need to work on that.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    That was a 10 minute fix after some Georgia Tech engineering.  

I knew you had that, engineering and all.  Weather turned a bit on us.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    Options
    DMW said:
    SGH said:
    You speak the truth, and congrats, well done. I lost a similar amount, went from just over 230 down to just under 150. I'm up around 160 now, need to work on that.
    My biggest problem is even though I have lost 74 pounds, I still have an endless appetite. I thought that the more I lost the less that I would crave food. But that is simply not the case. I can still (on cheat days) sit down and out eat 4 or 5 people easily. It’s almost like the more I lose, the more I want to eat. I just keep telling myself to hang in there. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Picked a few chillies for smoking. Pecan chips mixed through the lump.

It looks outstanding brother.  

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    SGH said:
    DMW said:
    SGH said:
    My biggest problem is even though I have lost 74 pounds, I still have an endless appetite. I thought that the more I lost the less that I would crave food. But that is simply not the case. I can still (on cheat days) sit down and out eat 4 or 5 people easily. It’s almost like the more I lose, the more I want to eat. I just keep telling myself to hang in there. 
    That's a fact. I've just learned to deal with being hungry. Eventually it isn't as bad, but it takes awhile to adjust.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    DMW said:
    Just finished eating this.

And now I'm sipping some wine.

Deeeeeewayne.......NICE!!!!!!!!!!
    STUD COOK AND A ABFAB WINE MY BROTHER!!!!!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    About to cut my own grass. Oh, the horror!
    Something happen to Aimee?
    The trailer was at my house and the FIL called to ask me if I was using it. He was going to come get it so he could get the mower to my house.  I felt bad and just went and got the mower.  Supposed to be pleasant temps tomorrow but 80% chance of rain.  
    @theyolksonyou
    Will you be alright, will the family be ok? Need a corner man while you are battling it out in the ring?
    I am here for you my dear friend...
    My heart soars with Eagles on this day. Wins the WingDing, and now cutting your own grass.
    So many talents , yet so much more untapped potential...
    My Man!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    SGH said:
    Fellows, I finally hit my target weight (and fight weight) of 180 pounds. Down from 256 pounds. Thought I would celebrate a little. Seeing how the oysters were half price, I thought why the heck not. I started the show with 4 dozen chargrilled oysters. 

As luck would have it, Royal Reds was half price as well so I had a helping of both the fried and grilled. 

This is something that I only do once a week now instead of daily. But man do I look forward to it. 
    This is without a doubt a worthy prize for such a life enhancing and tremendous change.
    I get it, 4 dozen, I would do the same if not more.
    Congrats on hitting your numbers. Raising a zero calorie Yeti cup of Ice Water in your honor.
    Way to go Scottie.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited September 2018
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    The trailer was at my house and the FIL called to ask me if I was using it. He was going to come get it so he could get the mower to my house.  I felt bad and just went and got the mower.  Supposed to be pleasant temps tomorrow but 80% chance of rain.  
    @theyolksonyou
    Will you be alright, will the family be ok? Need a corner man while you are battling it out in the ring?
    My heart soars with Eagles on this day. Wins the WingDing, and now cutting your own grass.
    My Man!
    Ron....how many bottles have you had?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SGH
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I get it, 4 dozen, I would do the same if not more.
    All kidding aside, when I was at eating weight it was nothing for me to eat 12 dozen (144 oysters) and then chase it down with a good ribeye or three. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    I saw this and thought of myself for some reason. 

Status- Standing by.

• CigarCityEgger
    Options
    NY strips with seafood stuffed baked potato (courtesy of Publix), and a balsamic Parmesan broccoli. Been watching college football all day (after yardwork and errands). Happy Saturday indeed 
  • SGH
    Options
    Nice sunset tonight. 

Gorgeous. On a separate note, I sure wish that I had just half of your money brother Double. I would buy a lake too. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Reading the paper. 

Anyone else still read the paper?

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    NY strips with seafood stuffed baked potato (courtesy of Publix), and a balsamic Parmesan broccoli. Been watching college football all day (after yardwork and errands). Happy Saturday indeed 
    Looks awesome brother. 

Status- Standing by.

• YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    @theyolksonyou
    My Man!
    Sober as a judge since Suzann's surgery.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    @theyolksonyou
    My Man!
    Sober as a judge since Suzann's surgery.
    Bummer....should be celebrating that big KY victory!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,342
    Options
    Not a damn thing. Laying in bed, watching football 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SGH
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Not a damn thing. 
    Sometimes less is more my friend. Enjoy that a$$ time.  

Status- Standing by.

• 4littleeggs
    Options
    Homemade pizza and jalapeno poppers..
    It's the cow that drives the meat!!

XL Egg, Mini Max, Mini,  17" Blackstone 
    Wi