Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• AlbertaEgger
    Options
    DMW said:
    Heading out on the river and do some camping. In some great weather. For f*ck sakes. 

You got snow already? I hope we get a season between "Hot humid rain", and "snow all the time" this year.
    Yup. Has been snowing off and on for a few days. And rain. I am on the river all weekend and it’s calling for the same sh*t. I’m just not ready to pack it in yet. Crank the heat. 
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Heading out on the river and do some camping. In some great weather. For f*ck sakes. 

Lol,  Love it.  Have fun

Phoenix 
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    we just watch the opening show of the new American Horror series and ho lee cow, it is scary.

recommended 
    Netflix? Maybe not Netflix Canada though? Is this the one with several seasons already? I’ll look. I don’t have regular TV. We cancel that during the summers. I started Broken City in Netflix. Not to bad at all. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    we just watch the opening show of the new American Horror series and ho lee cow, it is scary.

recommended 
    Netflix? Maybe not Netflix Canada though? Is this the one with several seasons already? I’ll look. I don’t have regular TV. We cancel that during the summers. I started Broken City in Netflix. Not to bad at all. 
    Dunno.  It is on FX, so they probably have some Hulu-like interweb delivery sys
    Last weekend. Can’t even explain this one. Distracted driving I’ll call it. This was a bony river. Lots of log jams. Lots of skinny brided and rocky section. This however was not one of those sections. Like I said. Distracted driving. 

This boat is almost 3000lbs by the way. Don’t look like much. But thick ass boat. And 3 of us can slide it back into water. 
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    Last weekend. Can’t even explain this one. Distracted driving I’ll call it. This was a bony river. Lots of log jams. Lots of skinny brided and rocky section. This however was not one of those sections. Like I said. Distracted driving. 

This boat is almost 3000lbs by the way. Don’t look like much. But thick ass boat. And 3 of us can slide it back into water. 
    And I have had a few rums tonight. Just saying. 😬
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    DMW said:
    thetrim said:
    YukonRon said:
    Working the pledge drive
    TRUMP 2020 Campaign?  Good on ya' Ronnie!!!
    Yeah, that sure looks like a tRump working session. Actually, no, it doesn't.
    Good on you @YukonRon

The public radio stations Suzy and I volunteer with this drive, also supports other charities, including relief funding for Florence.
    It is not much in the grand scheme of things,  but at least it is something.
    Our best to those dealing with the hurricane.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,811
    Options
    was told to evacuate last night because of gas explosions, then got a recorded call to stay.  about a hundred houses either exploded or went up in flames. all off ramps into the neighboring cities are closed down. lawrence andover and north andover all at ten alarm. it was a zoo last night. they are not sure it was intentional or not but it looks like the system was over pressurized and houses went up randomly.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited September 2018
    Options
    was told to evacuate last night because of gas explosions, then got a recorded call to stay.  about a hundred houses either exploded or went up in flames. all off ramps into the neighboring cities are closed down. lawrence andover and north andover all at ten alarm. it was a zoo last night. they are not sure it was intentional or not but it looks like the system was over pressurized and houses went up randomly.
    Saw that this morning on the news. That was bizarre as hell. Don't get me wrong this is horrible. Was nice to get some news about something other than the hurricane. Regrettably, its about people loosing what they have....so similar in that respect. You guys stay safe up there. We will try and do the same here.

Edit....I in no way intend to imply that your situation was better than ours....just that all we are hearing down here is about the hurricane. Both are tragic events.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Saw that this morning on the news. That was bizarre as hell. Don't get me wrong this is horrible. Was nice to get some news about something other than the hurricane. Regrettably, its about people loosing what they have....so similar in that respect. You guys stay safe up there. We will try and do the same here.

Edit....I in no way intend to imply that your situation was better than ours....just that all we are hearing down here is about the hurricane. Both are tragic events.
    was lucky it was not windy last night, lawrence would have burnt to the ground
    fukahwee maine

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options

This was amazing to me...I read about it today, still trying to wrap my head around this. Over pressurized....wouldn't that mean someone was responsible, via intent or neglect?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • fishlessman
    Options
    YukonRon said:

This was amazing to me...I read about it today, still trying to wrap my head around this. Over pressurized....wouldn't that mean someone was responsible, via intent or neglect?
    it looks like the main high pressure line supplying the three cities had a regulator failure, and the backup regulator failed as well, so either intent or neglect.  the question is how two failed at the same time.  a guy came into the shop this morning, 3 houses lost in his neighborhood, the fire trucks still hadnt showed up but the fires were almost out on there own, nothing left
    fukahwee maine

• milesvdustin
    Options
    I just ate pizza and now I need a nap

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Pupusas from La SalvadorenitaTaqueria y Pupuseria on Jimmy Carter. So good. 

Spent 5 years in El Salvador.  Love me some pupusas.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @CTMike PM Sent.  Check it out!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    Got this on the Egg just as it started to rain:

Had a handful of peppers from the garden so they’re going on too:

Might be a challenge to stay dry when it’s time to pull everything off.

Momma prepped some Yukon golds. Mashed taters will be happening too!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Laphroaig quarter cask going in my belly

• Zeiger88
    Options
    Finished 
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    Almost there....

Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Buffalo trace single barrel, down the hatch

• theyolksonyou
    Options
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,220
    Options
    Decisions...

There are three bottles you can finish off tonight. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Decisions...

There are three bottles you can finish off tonight. 
    Challenge accepted. Started the EC first. 
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Sitting here with Annie after her bandage change