Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• First time making pepper stout beef. Just did the shred. Can’t wait for lunch tomorrow.  Holy hell that meat is good.  
  • Just got home from dinner with friends and then went to see Post Modern Jukebox. It was an amazing show. Some of the most interesting covers I’ve ever heard done.

Oh, and, Go Pirates! ARRGH
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • Just got home from dinner with friends and then went to see Post Modern Jukebox. It was an amazing show. Some of the most interesting covers I’ve ever heard done.

I can’t tell if you’re cheering or frustrated 

I can’t tell if you’re cheering or frustrated 
    Definitely cheering. It’s an ECU thing. 
    Charlotte, NC

• Botch said:
    Possible I’ve taken this whole pizza-making thing a bit too far:

John, don't say that too lightly.

I bought my first BGE (a Large) about the same time I discovered www.pizzamaking.com.  I went totally bananas, experimenting with dough ratios, temps, sauces, smoke, toppings, all of it.  Taking notes, tinkering.  

About 18 months in, I took the first bite of my latest pie, set the slice down, and never ate pizza again (save for a going-away for a former boss at a pizza place).  That was 4 years ago.  

You can get totally burned-out on pizza, if you overdo it.  
    Thanks for the advice Botch.  My post was mostly a joke - I don’t plan on using ten kilos of pizza flour anytime soon.  I’m determined to master pizza making over the long haul, but I’m not in any rush.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @YukonRon - hopefully you enjoy but not to the point where "You would have to rally to die Sunday AM."  Over half your life right there- celebrate as I'm sure you  and the rest of BBN will. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    lousubcap said:
    @YukonRon - hopefully you enjoy but not to the point where "You would have to rally to die Sunday AM."  Over half your life right there- celebrate as I'm sure you  and the rest of BBN will. 
    I would really like to, but I have to watch it, My Beautiful Wife had surgery on Thursday, so I have to take care of her, can't risk it.
    One thing is for sure though, I do not have to take stuff anymore from my Gator friends.
    Chomp this! 
    Finally. 31 years. Tebow can KMA.
    Thank you sir, it is a great day to be a Wildcat Football Fan.
    Tomorrow, when I wake up, UK will be tied for first place in the SEC East, for the first time, in forever.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Just saw a commercial for Oprah’s new pizza line.  1/3 of crust is cauliflower. So, there’s that...
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Just got home from dinner with friends and then went to see Post Modern Jukebox. It was an amazing show. Some of the most interesting covers I’ve ever heard done.

I'm a huge Postmodern Jukebox fan. Was Scott Bradlee in the show? It's my understanding that he doesn't tour with the shows as much as he used to but would love to catch another show with him (they're coming to my town in November and might just have to go whether he is with them or not).

If you weren't familiar with them before tonight you should check out some of their videos online. When they first started they used to do  the recordings in Scott's apartment but in recent years they've gotten a lot more polished visually. One of my favorites was when Puddles Pity Party joined them to cover Lorde's "Royals":

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Just saw a commercial for Oprah’s new pizza line.  1/3 of crust is cauliflower. So, there’s that...
    She’s not invited to wing ding 4. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Jeremiah said:
    Just saw a commercial for Oprah’s new pizza line.  1/3 of crust is cauliflower. So, there’s that...
    She’s not invited to wing ding 4. 
    That ain’t a big deal....I prolly want be either.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Dinner last night was delicious. Greek wings and salad, pita, with tzatziki sauce instead of blue cheese

• Just saw a commercial for Oprah’s new pizza line.  1/3 of crust is cauliflower. So, there’s that...
    I saw that too.  If you need a gimmick to sell frozen pizza, well...
    I saw that too.  If you need a gimmick to sell frozen pizza, well...
    She has a real knack for that. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • HeavyG said:
    Just got home from dinner with friends and then went to see Post Modern Jukebox. It was an amazing show. Some of the most interesting covers I’ve ever heard done.

I'm a huge Postmodern Jukebox fan. Was Scott Bradlee in the show? It's my understanding that he doesn't tour with the shows as much as he used to but would love to catch another show with him (they're coming to my town in November and might just have to go whether he is with them or not).

If you weren't familiar with them before tonight you should check out some of their videos online. When they first started they used to do  the recordings in Scott's apartment but in recent years they've gotten a lot more polished visually. One of my favorites was when Puddles Pity Party joined them to cover Lorde's "Royals":
    I wasn’t familiar with them before our friends invited us. I did some research and saw a lot of their YT vids before we went. Over 1 Billion views on YT is pretty strong! Scott wasn’t there. I would have loved to see Morgan James with them as I am a big fan of hers but I previously saw she was playing somewhere else last night. She’s actually going to be in Charlotte later this year! The ladies decided to dress in the 20’s theme which made it fun. 

Charlotte, NC

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Is it just me or does it look like ABC News copied the Rockwood logo? 

• Pig shots on the egg
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    NFL Sunday is off to a great start! Chicken prepped 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Just got done with early morning date with my person. Beautiful morning on the lake.
    Las Vegas, NV

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Slushie beer is the best beer.  Especially before noon!  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    thetrim said:
    Slushie beer is the best beer.  Especially before noon!  
    But. It’s not the best slushie.  Haha.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Botch said:
    Possible I’ve taken this whole pizza-making thing a bit too far:

John, don't say that too lightly.

I bought my first BGE (a Large) about the same time I discovered www.pizzamaking.com.  I went totally bananas, experimenting with dough ratios, temps, sauces, smoke, toppings, all of it.  Taking notes, tinkering.  

About 18 months in, I took the first bite of my latest pie, set the slice down, and never ate pizza again (save for a going-away for a former boss at a pizza place).  That was 4 years ago.  

You can get totally burned-out on pizza, if you overdo it.  

@Botch Do you care to share the fruit of all your labor?  Dome temp, sauce, dough recipe?  We eat pizza once a week, I gave up on using the egg for several reasons, but my latest concoctions have been Bobby Flay dough split 3 ways, running freshly canned tomatoes through the food processor for a the sauce and the oven at 425 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Roasting some baby backs for a couple of hours.  Going to try something different and finish them in my Roccbox.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Roasting some baby backs for a couple of hours.  Going to try something different and finish them in my Roccbox.
    Standing by for the finale. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Trying to get my new whole home dehumidifer to kick on. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    YEMTrey said:
    Doing something out of character for me today. Not doing a damn thing.  Got four inches of rain yesterday and it continues today.
    Woke up, had a cup of coffee.  Then showered, watched football and snacked all day.  Even dozed off for a nap for a bit.  Can't remember having such a lazy day in a long time!  Enjoy your Sundays my friends.
    Brother, that is my kind of day. Didn’t know they played football on Sunday though. ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    YEMTrey said:
    Doing something out of character for me today. Not doing a damn thing.  Got four inches of rain yesterday and it continues today.
    Woke up, had a cup of coffee.  Then showered, watched football and snacked all day.  Even dozed off for a nap for a bit.  Can't remember having such a lazy day in a long time!  Enjoy your Sundays my friends.
    Brother, that is my kind of day. Didn’t know they played football on Sunday though. ;)
    That’s when men play football