Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Nice score! Nothing wrong with those knives that a fresh sharpening won't fix.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Watching Tropical Storm Gordon getting closer and closer. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Watching a local Foundation Repair company pump high density poly foam into my pool deck. The cracks large enough to be tripping hazards are perfectly flush now.  I'm impressed... good news because this is expensive AF and it's the type of crap I hate paying for as a homeowner.  I could have bought that golf cart, twice. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    SGH said:

All the best to you and families in the path!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • HeavyG
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Watching a local Foundation Repair company pump high density poly foam into my pool deck. The cracks large enough to be tripping hazards are perfectly flush now.  I'm impressed... good news because this is expensive AF and it's the type of crap I hate paying for as a homeowner.  I could have bought that golf cart, twice. 
    When you say "expensive AF" what are we talking? I have some cracks in my driveway that have caused some parts to be quite unlevel and have been thinking of having that done. On the other hand, I've been wanting to replace the whole driveway anyway - it's exposed aggregate, which looks nice but is a PITA to keep clean.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Feeding the office pulled pork taco's....and beer
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Feeding the office pulled pork taco's....and beer
    Got any job openings?  I'm ridiculously good at both.  References upon request.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    SGH said:

Feeling ya brother. Just a matter of time. 

Snellville, GA

• SGH
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Feeling ya brother. Just a matter of time. 

The rain just started rolling in here in Biloxi. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Stay safe @SGH Scottie.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Zeiger88
    Options
    I’m in Tonawanda New York for work for the week and was recommended Duffs wings. They are pretty good. 
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Beautiful @DoubleEgger!!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Stay safe @SGH Scottie.
    I will do my best brother. I think I have everything tied down and put up. Fixing to batten down the hatches and hang on for the ride. 

Status- Standing by.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Zeiger88 said:
    I’m in Tonawanda New York for work for the week and was recommended Duffs wings. They are pretty good. 
    The original Duffs in Buffalo is a must stop when I am there on business. I used some of their sauce one time in a wing competition. Took first place and there was bitterness in the air. My favorite wings in the world. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    Options
    SGH said:
    JRWhitee said:
    Stay safe @SGH Scottie.
    I will do my best brother. I think I have everything tied down and put up. Fixing to batten down the hatches and hang on for the ride. 
    Stay safe Scottie.  Hopefully more of a rain event.
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    SGH said:
    JRWhitee said:
    Stay safe @SGH Scottie.
    Glad you’re not out to sea!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    JRWhitee said:
    Stay safe @SGH Scottie.
    Glad you’re not out to sea!
    Me too brother. 

Status- Standing by.

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited September 2018
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    SonVolt said:
    When you say "expensive AF" what are we talking? I have some cracks in my driveway that have caused some parts to be quite unlevel and have been thinking of having that done. On the other hand, I've been wanting to replace the whole driveway anyway - it's exposed aggregate, which looks nice but is a PITA to keep clean.

@HeavyG

I think the total bill came out to around $5k for a 25' x 18' run. Not super expensive by most home renovation standards, but enough to piss me off. With that said, if this permanently fixes the problem it's totally worth every penny.  At some point we're going to cover the concrete with stone pavers but we needed to stop the movement and get it level first. This takes care of that.  

https://www.afsrepair.com/

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • 714egghead
    Options
    How can I block receive email alerts fkr this specific thread 
    XL BGE, Imperial Kamado, brinkman gasser, Taco Cart griddle 
    (Wishlist- BGE M-Max)

Santa Ana, Ca 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Anybody heard from @nolaegghead? He lives not to far from our folks in NOLA
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Talking about briskets and enjoying the killer sunset. 

Beautiful.  Seeing that makes you forget all the crap that is going on in the world. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Not today.  Storm is gonna land East of there in Scottie's hometown.  I called him late a couple nights ago.  Actually ran with him. B)
  • SGH
    edited September 2018
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I talked to him a little while ago. He is shaving =)

Status- Standing by.

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Working my way through this box set.  Zatoichi:The Blind Swordsman
    Love this.  Just finished movie #15 of 25.  They keep getting better.  My favorite genre of movies.

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• HeavyG
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    HeavyG said:
    SonVolt said:

@HeavyG

I think the total bill came out to around $5k for a 25' x 18' run. Not super expensive by most home renovation standards, but enough to piss me off. With that said, if this permanently fixes the problem it's totally worth every penny.  At some point we're going to cover the concrete with stone pavers but we needed to stop the movement and get it level first. This takes care of that.  

https://www.afsrepair.com/

Thanks for the info! Yeepers - that's about twice what I would have guessed it might cost to drill some holes and pump some foam. If this were to cost me $5K I could probably just replace the whole damn driveway for not too much more.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    very calm here, beautiful day today.  Looks like NOLA and Scottie and Biloxi area dodged a bullet.
    Options
    got my shop AC all hooked up, damn R410a fitting is new to me and not compatible with R12/22/134a...so could not pump down. 
    Options

Options