Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Loin Lamb Chops with Gremolata

bgebrent
bgebrent Posts: 19,636
Found these Aussie chops at Costco yesterday.  The marbling was so gorgeous I had to grab them.  Marinated 6 hours (Honey-lemon-herb vinaigrette). Reverse seared on the MM to 128 and finished with a gremolata.  N's garden taters.  These were amazing.  Cheers.

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    What’s a gremolata, looks like chimichurri.
  • bgebrent
    Legume said:
    Just parsley, garlic and lemon zest.  I added a little olive oil for serving.  Adds a nice freshness, like chimichurri but easier.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    edited August 2018
    Besutiful cook Brent, I have saved a few of your dishes for cooks this coming week.
    Your sides are just as spectacular as the protein, and I have stolen every single one.

Feeling really bad about it. No. Not really.

Our folks are stateside for a year, having just left west Africa, the home of skinny cows, awaiting their new post in Rome.
    They arrive here tomorrow, and my only goal is to leave them in a meat coma until they depart Wednesday for their home in NOLA.
    Tomorrow is beef tenderloin, Sunday is brisket, Monday Ribs, Tuesday all the wings they can possibly eat. Breakfast will be country ham, sausages, bacon, eggs goat cheese with mushrooms grits, and biscuits with butter and honey. Sammies and soup/chili for lunch, and about 4-6 bottles of wine daily.
    They should be ok for the drive Wednesday.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    bgebrent said:
    Legume said:
    Just parsley, garlic and lemon zest.  I added a little olive oil for serving.  Adds a nice freshness, like chimichurri but easier.
    Sportin that education again Brent. I had the same question. Gawjus as usual.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Looking great Brent. 
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Great timing- looks like a fantastic meal. Oddly enough, last night went to a great small spot in Carlisle, PA. They had a blackened lamb chops with something similar to a taziki sauce underneath that was worthy of a second order. Inspiring me to try these at home. Thanks for sharing!
    Greensboro, NC
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Wolfpack said:
    Great timing- looks like a fantastic meal. Oddly enough, last night went to a great small spot in Carlisle, PA. They had a blackened lamb chops with something similar to a taziki sauce underneath that was worthy of a second order. Inspiring me to try these at home. Thanks for sharing!
    Your not all that far from me if you're in Carlisle. What brings you up this way?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Visiting a customer- long delayed flight schedule on the return but back in NC now. 

Didnt know you were in the area- will give you a shout next time. The restaurant is called Brick- worth a visit

Greensboro, NC
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Wolfpack said:
    Visiting a customer- long delayed flight schedule on the return but back in NC now. 

Didnt know you were in the area- will give you a shout next time. The restaurant is called Brick- worth a visit

Should have gone with “some (insert beautiful singer) lady on her private jet”
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    YukonRon said:
    Besutiful cook Brent, I have saved a few of your dishes for cooks this coming week.
    Your sides are just as spectacular as the protein, and I have stolen every single one.

Feeling really bad about it. No. Not really.

Our folks are stateside for a year, having just left west Africa, the home of skinny cows, awaiting their new post in Rome.
    They arrive here tomorrow, and my only goal is to leave them in a meat coma until they depart Wednesday for their home in NOLA.
    Tomorrow is beef tenderloin, Sunday is brisket, Monday Ribs, Tuesday all the wings they can possibly eat. Breakfast will be country ham, sausages, bacon, eggs goat cheese with mushrooms grits, and biscuits with butter and honey. Sammies and soup/chili for lunch, and about 4-6 bottles of wine daily.
    They should be ok for the drive Wednesday.
    With that spread, they may be in a meat coma to the point where they can't drive.  That is putting it out there.  I'm sure it will be very much appreciated. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Beautiful!  I assume that the lone chop on the plate was for photo purposes, only.  I looked at those at my Costco yesterday, but they were $12.99 - I passed.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Great looking meal.  Nicely done
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,007
    Outstanding as usual.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @bgebrent
    It looks mighty fine brother.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Wow!  Need to do something like this soon!!  Thanks!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    Nice... one of favorites.
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Looks delicious Brent!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• bgebrent
    Thank you fellas!