Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Just got a Facebook friend request from Anitha here:

Who looks like this:

She has no current friends, so I’d be her first.  This all seems like it’s on the up and up, right?
    Totally legit, go for it.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Sea2Ski said:
    @botch Alpine white is one of the three “free” colors that you can get (red and black are the others).  Any other color you have to pay for.
    Ah, that makes sense.  I would much prefer red, or even black to white.

Eoin/Nola, I'm 6'5" and couldn't even get my 13 1/2 shoe into an Elise; I do fit, snugly, in a Boxter, and into a Jag F-type (which is pure sex on wheels).  There are about 3 M4/M3 convertibles available locally, the $70K one is a bit out of my price range.
    I'm really okay with a "hairdresser" car, the convertible feature is what's important to me, and mine's open more than its closed (I've reupholstered the seats in my '01 9-3, but it still has the original top).  I got my "speed" itch scratched with my Yamaha FZ-6, 0-60 mph in 3.4 seconds (all in 1st gear!), very few cars can match that.  
    My Saab's seat belt is fixed, so hopefully She'll keep running a few more years; good performance, convertible, and fits us big apes.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Eoin
    Botch said:
    Sea2Ski said:
    @botch Alpine white is one of the three “free” colors that you can get (red and black are the others).  Any other color you have to pay for.

Eoin/Nola, I'm 6'5" and couldn't even get my 13 1/2 shoe into an Elise; I do fit, snugly, in a Boxter, and into a Jag F-type (which is pure sex on wheels).  There are about 3 M4/M3 convertibles available locally, the $70K one is a bit out of my price range.
    I'm really okay with a "hairdresser" car, the convertible feature is what's important to me, and mine's open more than its closed (I've reupholstered the seats in my '01 9-3, but it still has the original top).  I got my "speed" itch scratched with my Yamaha FZ-6, 0-60 mph in 3.4 seconds (all in 1st gear!), very few cars can match that.  
    My Saab's seat belt is fixed, so hopefully She'll keep running a few more years; good performance, convertible, and fits us big apes.  
    I'm 6'4", the Elise worked fine and I could have bought a bit more room with some modifications. Big feet might be a problem, I had some really narrow puma shoes to drive the Elise, normal shoes with an overhanging sole meant hitting 2 pedals instead of 1.

In base trim, it's not a fast car, not many are if you are used to bikes, but it's a whole lot of fun.
  • Botch
    edited July 2018
    Eoin said:
    I'm 6'4", the Elise worked fine and I could have bought a bit more room with some modifications. Big feet might be a problem, I had some really narrow puma shoes to drive the Elise, normal shoes with an overhanging sole meant hitting 2 pedals instead of 1.

In base trim, it's not a fast car, not many are if you are used to bikes, but it's a whole lot of fun.
    How was the reliability on your Elise?  My buddy back in Albuquerque had an Alfa Spider, which was a gorgeous, fun car but I was always the guy driving him to/from the shop to pick it up!  

EDIT: And I just realized, after watching the M2 video above, I'll probably have to learn how to drive all over again.  My first two cars were RWD but not powerful enough to "throttle-steer"; my FWD Saabs "torque-steered" (ie bounced all over the place) if I laid into the throttle too much, and otherwise just comfortably understeered.  Hmmm.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Eoin
    Botch said:
    Eoin said:

How was the reliability on your Elise?  My buddy back in Albuquerque had an Alfa Spider, which was a gorgeous, fun car but I was always the gudriving him to/from the shop to pick it up!  

EDIT: And I just realized, after watching the M2 video above, I'll probably have to learn how to drive all over again.  My first two cars were RWD but not powerful enough to "throttle-steer"; my FWD Saabs "torque-steered" (ie bounced all over the place) if I laid into the throttle too much, and otherwise just comfortably understeered.  Hmmm.  
    I ran it for 4 years almost every day, over 30k miles. Toyota engine / gearbox so it was reliable, only let me down once when water got into the air temperature sensor. They are simple cars, easy to home maintain as well.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Playing around with some ribs and drinking beer. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Round 2 Tomato pie...

Still need to drain the tomatoes a bit longer and make myself wait for the pie to cool...

Good Job!
    Was talking to a guy the other day who was raving about tomato pie he had in the south somewhere, he said it was awesome.

Now I'm interested in making this, and I'm not much into tomatoes.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    edited July 2018
    WeberWho said:
    Playing around with some ribs and drinking beer. 

What is going on @WeberWho?  Where in the world is WeberWho?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Shooting bottle rockets off with my 4 year old. Also cooking ribs and wangs 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Botch said:
    I've been lusting after some of the skirt steak/chimichurree posts here, finally tried my own:

\there was a knock on the door.  It was my new plumber's wife, and she gave me a homemade cheesecake with strawberries!  I guess they do that for every new customer

Looks great @botch.  Great meal, and great choice in vintage plates.

I do wonder if you're overpaying you plumber if they are delivering deserts to you...

Phoenix 
  • Botch
    I don't think so.  Two of them here for about an hour, and after they fixed my water heater, told me none of the pipe joints were showing any buildup and the heater (10 years old) should be good for a long time.  $260.  
    They're new and are just trying something to succeed in business, I'm good with that.  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    @Botch - how's the car search going??  I'm sure you can find the right solution in short order.
    BTW- great plate of groceries.  Consider yourself lucky in the plumber department- last week I got bent over for 4 numbers to the left of the decimal point to get my backwoods sewage (grinder pump operation) back in commission.  Didn't even get a thanks or free shares of Vaseline stock.  ;) 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932

Been at work all dang day.  Ready to head home

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    I got all kinds of stuff going on over here. Stay tuned. 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Botch said:
    I don't think so.  Two of them here for about an hour, and after they fixed my water heater, told me none of the pipe joints were showing any buildup and the heater (10 years old) should be good for a long time.  $260.  
    They're new and are just trying something to succeed in business, I'm good with that.  

Na, I was just kidding @Botch .  It's actually impressive they would approach the plumbing biz with some old school customer appreciation.  I'm sure you'll never use anyone else - the cheesecake memory will stick.

Phoenix 
  • Cashfan
    Pretty sure I'm addicted to smashburgers on the blackstone.
  • Cashfan
    Botch said:
    Sea2Ski said:

Glad to hear the Saab is on the road again. 

I had a Saab for couple months once. Don't remember what model or year, it was older with a lot of miles, but I really liked that car. The ride was outstanding, and having a 5 speed was pretty fun. The thing died on my way home from work one day; just killed like I shut the key off. Had it towed home and the motor was seized up. We never tore it apart to find out why.

I still miss that car.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Drinking a beer and waiting for the base of my new egg home to cure...patiently, but not really...
    Looks familiar to me. Enjoy!
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Just got home from vacation, opened a bottle of wine and ordered delivery.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Getting ready to go over to my SIL's house to get in the pool... it's only 107 outside hopefully the pool isn't too cold. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Started a double batch of bread around noon. About to separate and fold and fire up the egg for the final ride.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Bug-A-Salt with laser sight arrived today

This thing has been heaps of fun already. I ordered one from Amazon at first last Sunday, and then noticed I could get one direct from Bug-A-Salt with the laser sight on sale for only $8 more. So I canceled the Amazon order and ordered the combo from Bug-A-Salt. However, it was too late and Amazon already processed the order. I haven't returned the Amazon one, was waiting for this one to arrive.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    DMW said:

This thing has been heaps of fun already. I ordered one from Amazon at first last Sunday, and then noticed I could get one direct from Bug-A-Salt with the laser sight on sale for only $8 more. So I canceled the Amazon order and ordered the combo from Bug-A-Salt. However, it was too late and Amazon already processed the order. I haven't returned the Amazon one, was waiting for this one to arrive.
    There goes another 40-50 bucks.
  • Botch
    DMW said:

If you install a bigger battery for the laser sight, mebbe you could smoke the little fu**ers; that'd be cool!