Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Jeremiah said:
    So my wife’s POS Jeep ate a lifter and cam. Little brother fixed it, so we had him and his better half for steaks. She likes them ruined, he wants brown and my better wishes for no salt. Eff me. My steak at least was good as was the potatoes and boxed wine.  =)
    I feel your pain. I have educated my children and they all prefer correctly cooked meat, but Anne is a lost cause and likes everything overcooked. Last week my spatchcock chicken was 'too succulent' i.e. not dry enough. I despair sometimes and then resort to drink.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,977
    edited July 2018
    SonVolt said:
    Tonight’s dinner at Mateo:

That egg yolk... amazing.  Not terribly close, but have you been to the Spanish joint Curate over in Ashville?
    We have been to Curate, and it’s great.  Asheville is one of my favorite places on the planet.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    @lousubcap the PBC is ok. She back into it last year, the lid is pretty dinged up but that it. Stupid Jeep. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Great dinner, @JohnInCarolina
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Coffee and Die Hard. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited July 2018
    thetrim said:
    Thanks man, it was.  This was a dinner we won with a couple of friends of ours, at an auction to raise money for our elementary school.  They took good care of us last night. 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617

Very nice, on our list but have not been yet. No excuse only 10 miles from our place.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932

Does anyone know what cut of meat the "old 96er" was in The Great Outdoors? 

Was it a round steak?

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    edited July 2018
    Nevermind
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    thetrim said:
    Thanks man, it was.  This was a dinner we won with a couple of friends of ours, at an auction to raise money for our elementary school.  They took good care of us last night. 
    What’s the deal with that last pic the bottom dish?  What kind of peppers are those?  They look familiar.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,056
    edited July 2018
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:
    What’s the deal with that last pic the bottom dish?  What kind of peppers are those?  They look familiar.   
    I could be wrong but JIC is probably in a food coma after that and I will take a stab at it.  They look like shishito peppers to me. 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,316
    johnnyp said:

Was it a round steak?

The 72oz steak you’d get for free if you ate it all? Not sure about what was on John Candy’s plate but those are typically Sirloins I think. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 601
    Busy past week. Wrapped up my last summer college course, interviewed for a new job within the company tuesday, got an accepted the offer friday. 

Wife is due this tuesday, so just waiting on the arrival of baby now.

Haven't fired up the egg in too long.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    SamIAm2 said:
    Nevermind

I got it. It was the quote from the movie. 

SonVolt said:
    johnnyp said:

Was it a round steak?

The 72oz steak you’d get for free if you ate it all? Not sure about what was on John Candy’s plate but those are typically Sirloins I think. 

After more research, specifically, it is a Round Bone Sirloin Steak.

"This cut comes from the broader section of the hipbone (ilium). It has traces of Top Sirloin, Tenderloin, Tri-Tip and Outside Round that make up its anatomy."

http://nosetotailapp.com/meat-cuts/beef/round-bone-sirloin-steak

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Did a couple of chickens on the XL. Cut them right in half this time, just to do it a bit different to spatchcock.

• JohnInCarolina
    U_tarded said:
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:
    I could be wrong but JIC is probably in a food coma after that and I will take a stab at it.  They look like shishito peppers to me. 
    No food coma here, was just on a flight to DC.  I’m here for a few days, doing work for the DOE.  And I believe you’re right in the peppers.  Good eye, Johnny!
  • JohnInCarolina

Very nice, on our list but have not been yet. No excuse only 10 miles from our place.
    You’ve got to go.  It’s the best restaurant in Durham in my opinion, and given the selection, that bar is set pretty high.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Eoin said:
    Did a couple of chickens on the XL. Cut them right in half this time, just to do it a bit different to spatchcock.

I like to cook them that way. 
    Eoin said:

I like to cook them that way. 
    I like to cook halves on my mini. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,796
    DMW said:
    Been dry aging 45 days. Prime strip

Holy shiznit. That’s gonna be awesome. 

BTW... call Amazon about your Bug-A-Salt or whatever it’s called. With your luck, they will likely send you an AR-15 to make up for the error 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    Just finished a piece of wonderful cheesecake (raspberry, not strawberry) baked by my favorite plumber's wife.  

(that looks bad, when you type it out...)

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• JohnInCarolina
    Botch said:
    Just finished a piece of wonderful cheesecake (raspberry, not strawberry) baked by my favorite plumber's wife.  

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Botch said:

Being in Utah, you could have said your favorite wife’s plumber. 
  • dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    DMW said:
    Been dry aging 45 days. Prime strip

Dear Lort!! And their dry aged.....just look at that!!
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Had some ground beef and brisket flat I trimmed off my last brisket in the freezer so pulled it out the other day to thaw and now I’m making some chili for my daughters baptism next weekend.  My wife ordered deli sandwiches but I wasn’t going to settle for just that.

Letting it go on low for a long time to get that brisket nice and tender.

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    His and hers 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf