Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    You sir are blessed. Just sayin. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited July 2018
    Options
    The stache makes you look less homeless than the beard.  =)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

@Lit   You definitely married up.  You'd better hope she never meets Ron Swanson.

Phoenix 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    simple dinner
    Options
    got my paella rice delivery.  it's on tomorrow night
    Options

Options

Those squid rings are nothing more than imitation anus. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I was going to make that comment, but thought, why?  you will be along shortly...  =)
    Options
    I was going to make that comment, but thought, why?  you will be along shortly...  =)
    You knew I wasn’t going to let that one get by me ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Botch said:

And why the heck do most convertibles have black interiors??  And why are most used BMWs in "Alpine White"???  

@botch Alpine white is one of the three “free” colors that you can get (red and black are the others).  Any other color you have to pay for.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options

C'mon man, I want to live vicariously through your 2nd mid-life crisis car.  You can't take it with you!

Options
    SGH said:

With all the fraud in seafood labeling there is a chance that that could actually be anus pretending to be "squid rings".
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    Options
    as long as it tastes delicious, I'm good 
    Options
    I think I just woke up about 1/2 the condo with this damn cold I've got. Apparently got choked on this green crap draining down mg sinuses ....woke up actively retching
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    got my paella rice delivery.  it's on tomorrow night

we have that rice from amazon it’s pretty solid and seemed like a good value.  Might have to bust out the paella pan this week.  Thanks for the motivation.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    I think I just woke up about 1/2 the condo with this damn cold I've got. Apparently got choked on this green crap draining down mg sinuses ....woke up actively retching
    I feel your pain.
    Got it two weeks ago. Took a full week to get 70% better and another week to get to 98%
    Now my wife has it which really sucks. She got it at the worst possible time - 2nd week of vacation. 
    She is back in the room and I am sipping wine on the 10th deck watching the ocean waves at 9:45 PM AK time, and it feels and looks like it is 6 in the evening.

It is also by total coincidence that there is a Bachelorette party of 7 drinking in the hot tub directly behind me that I can clearly see in the reflection of the glass while looking out. Just thought I would state that for some reason.
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    The stache makes you look less homeless than the beard.  =)
    Yeah I kinda like the Stache. It’s sad the homeless look is what I normally rock. I don’t own a comb. I 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    @botch do yourself a favour and look at a sports car. Saloon car convertibles are always a bit hairdresser, especially in white.

If you can find an Elise out there, give one a try, or a Boxster. Being an air force guy, you will appreciate the bonded ali tub and lightweight construction of an Elise.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Eoin said:
    @botch do yourself a favour and look at a sports car. Saloon car convertibles are always a bit hairdresser, especially in white.

If you can find an Elise out there, give one a try, or a Boxster. Being an air force guy, you will appreciate the bonded ali tub and lightweight construction of an Elise.
    Agree. 

If you are into convertibles, by all means go that route.

I also really like the Elise, probably would be what I buy next, if I wreck the Cayman.  Make sure you fit in whatever you buy, obviously, and you can get in and out of it.  What might seem impossible to get in and out becomes second nature after a few months.

I never want a car payment so I buy everything outright and used.  But If I didn't mind car payments, I'd go M2.  That's a bit above my cash budget, but it's such a fun car there was a year wait for them at one point after they came out.

I'm not a convertible guy - I did have a '67 Camaro, a '91 Miata and an '81 Alfa Spider Romero, and they're fun the 5% of the time I had that top down, but the other 95% you have noise, heat, etc.  To me it's kind of a sin, as I want the unibody truss to include the roof....hard tops are lighter, stiffer, faster in every way and safer.  But not everyone drives like me.

It's not for big people, but if you fit in a Cayman, that is a true driver's car.  It is a joy to drive and I look forward to it every time I drive it.  Makes driving my truck a drag.

Options
    I'm 6' and a bit over 200, but I have plenty of room in my Cayman.
    Options
    Locked in to this all day; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67IvQwZZLVU

Goodwood Festival of Speed.   Not far from where I live, been in the past.  You like cars?  You'll need this livestream all day.

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Lit said:
    Trying to bring back the male landing strip. 
    You'd look much cooler w an RTIC behind you.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    @Lit if you bought a few RTICs instead of those expensive YETIs, you could afford a haircut AND a comb!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    FWIW, Anova SV is $89 on amazon right now.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Options
    SGH said:

Imitation?? Those, sir, are genuine (pronounced GEN-U-INE). 
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    @Sea2Ski, the running joke at work is it's the Argentine duck flu. ..no one else I hunted with is sick though. This is some rough crap...draining from my sinuses and coming up out of my chest. 
    My co-workers offered to euthanize me out of pitty lol.
    Couldn't get anyone to swap with me
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    @Lit show us more pics of your wife please. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Just got a Facebook friend request from Anitha here:

Who looks like this:

She has no current friends, so I’d be her first.  This all seems like it’s on the up and up, right?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike