Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    We just got our highest 'lectric bill yet this year.  $250

We generate about $100 per month with solar, so it jives with pre-solar summer bills in the $350 range.

Small house but no insulation except attic because it's almost 100 years old, shop is fully insulated, but 24k btu window unit...
    edited July 2018
    Installing a hitch 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,670
    rich guys with ac's =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Anyone remember that flick The Mosquito Coast? My AC’s powered by the heat and smoke of my Egg. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Fried collards are on the menu and will be consumed. 
    Went there last year and was able to meet Vivan.  Such a nice experience there.  

Be careful, there's some on here that don't like Vivian.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354

We generate about $100 per month with solar, so it jives with pre-solar summer bills in the $350 range.

Small house but no insulation except attic because it's almost 100 years old, shop is fully insulated, but 24k btu window unit...
    What brand are your panels?  I just had a company come out to my house and give me an estimate.  Another one should be coming in the next week or so.  Is there a reason you didn't try and get 100% pay back?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    I'm beginning to develop strong feelings about the Buffalo. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead

What brand are your panels?  I just had a company come out to my house and give me an estimate.  Another one should be coming in the next week or so.  Is there a reason you didn't try and get 100% pay back?
    SunPower panels.  I'm not sure what you mean by 100% payback, but we got a $25K system, after tax rebates it cost us $5K (Louisiana had the best state rebate for a while, it's over now).  We have almost broken even assuming $0.09 kw/hr.  We have net metering.  One half of our roof is facing south and is unobstructed.  We installed the maximum amount of panels on it (some rules because we're in a historical district decreased the number because of street offset).   The north facing roof would be too inefficient and my shop is in a shadow from too many trees to make it worth it.

Our winter bills are very small, but gas bill goes up.  95% efficient furnace helps too.
    Sitting in the Anchorage airport 2 hours waiting for a shuttle. Just saw a non-neutered pit bull the size of a horse with a head bigger than a bears has come out of its crate and tackle the owner and kiss her face whimpering.  Was kinda cute actually.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Running around town procuring items for swmbo's birthday weekend.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    Late lunch - leftovers.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    edited July 2018
          @nolaegghead people that away here in CA dont think I have paid a dime in years and always have plenty in the humidor 

great app right here https://weedmaps.com/app
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Someone liked my parking spot when I was leaving Lowes today. The only problem was that she realized it a little too late. She put her car in reverse and smacked the other car behind her. She of course starts yelling at the other car behind her that she just hit. "Youz be following me to close"

You can't even make this stuff up. Than the lady apologizes to me for boxing me in. I stuck around just to make sure nothing escalated. They seemed civil and no cops were called. Both parties left peacefully.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,431
    Got the Saab fixed.  New seatbelt linkages are no longer being made, this shop had an extra used one laying around and installed that.  Already had replaced an ignition module that, according to the paperwork, was the last one in North America (and that was 3 years ago).  One of these times it won't be fixable anymore, but with a KBB trade-in value of $829, I'll just keep driving it until that happens.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• nolaegghead
    Botch said:
    Got the Saab fixed.  New seatbelt linkages are no longer being made, this shop had an extra used one laying around and installed that.  Already had replaced an ignition module that, according to the paperwork, was the last one in North America (and that was 3 years ago).  One of these times it won't be fixable anymore, but with a KBB trade-in value of $829, I'll just keep driving it until that happens.  
    I think the "Live fast" part of your signature line begs the purchase of a midlife crisis mobile.  Life is to short to spend it waiting at the shop. =)
    Botch said:
    I think the "Live fast" part of your signature line begs the purchase of a midlife crisis mobile.  Life is to short to spend it waiting at the shop. =)
    Time to get out your cot and head over to the Range Rover dealer. 
  • nolaegghead
    Botch said:
    Time to get out your cot and head over to the Range Rover dealer. 
    That would result in more time a the shop.  Maybe an NSX (Hondas are reliable, I hear).
    looking at my energy report and wondiring how i used 5 percent more this year :o

You used 57% less energy than your efficient neighbors.

Great

Good

Using more than average

You
        190 kWh  

Efficient Neighbors
        440 kWh  

All Neighbors
        794 kWh  

Jun 6, 2018 - Jul 5, 2018
    This comparison is based on approx. 90 nearby homes that are most similar to yours.
    Learn more.

Track your progress

So far this year, you’ve used 5% more than last year.

I just checked mine. 5% more as well. I'm a licensed HVAC contractor. I have a 16 SEER, two stage three ton heat pump with a 96% two stage variable speed natural gas backup. All controlled by a wifi smart system, and I live in MICHIGAN. Since I got my egg, I cook over charcoal at least three nights per week. I think something is screwy here. 
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • nolaegghead
    Friday afternoon curse:  Why does something always break on Friday afternoon?  I was ready to call it quits when all of a sudden 35,000 users lost permissions to half of the web portal.

Anyway, got it fixed, but JFC, this created by one of the other developers probably thinking they were in a test system.
    SharePoint?
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597

Birthday today! 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead

Birthday today! 
    Git some good steaks!!

(assuming that is a powerful broiler/salamander)

PS - like your shop, post more pics
    lkapigian said:
          @nolaegghead people that away here in CA dont think I have paid a dime in years and always have plenty in the humidor 

great app right here https://weedmaps.com/app

Here leafly is more popular,  or so I'm told.

Phoenix 
  • nolaegghead
    SonVolt said:
    SharePoint?
    Nope.  We don't use no stinkin' Microsoft products.
    edited July 2018
    Was about to say. We use SharePoint as our Corp portal where pissing off 35,000 users on a Friday afternoon sounds like a typical day in the office. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    SonVolt said:
    SharePoint?
    Nope.  We don't use no stinkin' Microsoft products.
    Qlikview?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Trying to decide if I like this setup for the Jr. Feels tall/awkward 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!