Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: anybody here have a WEH 2000 :OT

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
edited July 2018 in Off Topic
Here's the link from WOOT.
https://www.woot.com/offers/wen-2000-watt-inverter-generator-38?utm_campaign=Daily+Digest+13+07+18&utm_content=A&ref=eml&utm_source=Daily+Digest&utm_medium=email&utm_term=m_1&utm_content=Current-P-1&ref_=pe_3185080_292195560

I would only be using it a couple times a year out in my yard so it's not going to be heavily used. Opinions and knowledge would be appreciated!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    RRP said:
    Opinions and knowledge would be appreciated!
    Ron, I’m no help with the inverter. But I can darn sure advise you on how to get a great shave =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    I cannot speak to that brand but, 

that is a hellova deal on a 2000w..

I would imagine, as with any small engines being manufactured lately, keep some stabil in it when setting up and it should be a great deal...

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Wes Johnson has one.  He got it for price minus $11.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I have one of that same design style and it worked great for years.  Finally, a carb problem.  Took it apart like 3 times, never got it right.  Took to a small engine repair guy and he fixed.  Couple years later the electronics died.  But it lasted maybe 10 years, pretty good.  You MUST put ethanol free gas in it.

The Amazon reviews are stellar.  Inverter generators are superior to the fixed RPM types.
    In my experiences the problem is always the carb. Something about the Chinese diaphragms not holding up to the ethanol. I highly recommend running ethanol free fuel in it
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SGH
    ColtsFan said:
    I highly recommend running ethanol free fuel in it
    I do my best to run ethanol free fuel in everything that I own. Especially outdoor power equipment. But that’s getting harder and harder to do. I wish they would go back to ethanol free across the board. It’s never done anything but cause problems. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Wawa has ethanol free gas at many of their stations if you are lucky enough to have a Wawa near you.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    SGH said:
    ColtsFan said:
    I highly recommend running ethanol free fuel in it
    I do my best to run ethanol free fuel in everything that I own. Especially outdoor power equipment. But that’s getting harder and harder to do. I wish they would go back to ethanol free across the board. It’s never done anything but cause problems. 
    Them's fightin’ words in Iowa.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    thetrim said:
    Wawa has ethanol free gas at many of their stations if you are lucky enough to have a Wawa near you.
    I have several wawas near me, and I have never seen ethanol free gas at one ever.
    If you can get it there, you are lucky!  Wish I could! 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166

I don't know what you're talking about, but it sounds like a good deal.

The less ethanol gas, the better!!

Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• SGH
    Ron, I really wish that I could help with the WEH 2000, but I can’t. However, before I go I will highly recommend the Muhle R41 for all your shaving needs. This is a wicked DE razor. Only a devette is more aggressive. This is the pinnacle of DE razors my friend. A true shaver without peer. 

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    SGH said:
    Ron, I really wish that I could help with the WEH 2000, but I can’t. However, before I go I will highly recommend the Muhle R41 for all your shaving needs. This is a wicked DE razor. Only a devette is more aggressive. This is the pinnacle of DE razors my friend. A true shaver without peer. 

For the love of Jesus, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo..............
    SGH said:

For the love of Jesus, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo..............
      You disagree with my recommendation on the Muhle R41? I honestly can’t think of a better choice myself. 

Status- Standing by.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    SGH said:

@SGH you've got me looking at getting a nice new shaving brush now. The expenditure never ends when you spend time on here.
  • SGH
    edited July 2018
    Eoin said:
    @SGH you've got me looking at getting a nice new shaving brush now. The expenditure never ends when you spend time on here.
    On a serious note, if you are looking at new brushes, give the new “plissoft” synthetics a look. I was a diehard super badger or silver tip badger user for years. They were so far ahead of the synthetics that it was a shame. Even boar and horse hair brushes was ahead of the synthetics. However on a recommendation from a friend and fellow hardcore shaver I tried some synthetics from RazoRock. The new plissoft synthetics are amazing. 
    With that said, badger will always be more stiff and have more backbone to them. But for the price, you really can’t beat the newer synthetics. 
    Another plus of the synthetics is they don’t have to be soaked before use. You can certainly soak them if you want, it’s just not necessary. If you do much traveling, another plus of the synthetics is they don’t have to be dry before storing them. This is actually a huge benefit. It takes on average about 8 hours for a badger brush to throughly dry before you can store it.
    With all that said, badger brushes are still the premier brushes. But the synthetics are so close now and price difference is so huge, I find myself buying more and more of the synthetics these days. 
    Here is the RazoRock Monster plissoft brush:

Its the bigger brush upside a 24mm Vikings Blade Badger and a 26mm Parker Badger. They make some bigger and smaller than Monster. Here is the biggest.
    The Hulk plissoft from RazoRock. 

If price is not a concern, and you prefer a stiff brush, you can’t go wrong with badger. However there are times (especially in the winter and dead of summer) I prefer a less stiff brush. This is when the plissoft synthetics really shine. Happy shaving my friend and I hope this helps. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @Eoin
    Question if I may. Do you bowl or face lather?

Status- Standing by.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Sea2Ski said:
    thetrim said:
    I have several wawas near me, and I have never seen ethanol free gas at one ever.
    If you can get it there, you are lucky!  Wish I could! 
    Go you your local small airport and buy some 100LL avgas - it is always ethanol free and available everywhere.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    SGH said:
    @Eoin
    @sgh i have always face lathered. However, I saw your super foam and tried bowl today. Much better for shaving, slicker. What I didn't get with lathering the cream I use was a really stiff foam. Not falling off, but not standing up tall. Going to get some soap to try as well, never used a shaving soap block before.
  • SGH
    Eoin said:
    SGH said:
    @Eoin
    @sgh i have always face lathered. However, I saw your super foam and tried bowl today. Much better for shaving, slicker. What I didn't get with lathering the cream I use was a really stiff foam. Not falling off, but not standing up tall. Going to get some soap to try as well, never used a shaving soap block before.
    Brother Eoin, here is a great tip on building a lather no matter if you are using a cream or soap. Start off almost dry. What I mean is use only a damp brush to start with and no water in the bowl. What you want to initially do when building a later is to beat ALL the air bubbles out of the soap or cream. And you want to do this every step of the way. 
    First you will basically have smeared soap or cream in the bowl. Whisk this until you see no bubbles. Then start adding a few drops of water. Whisk this until you see no bubbles. At this point if your lather is a little thick, add a few more drops of water and whisk again until there are no bubbles. If your lather is a little thin, just wisk until it thickens. 
    The key to building a great lather is to always remove all the air bubbles at every step. Always whisk until they are gone. Using this method you can make a super thick lather for extra cushion, or you can make a thinner lather that is super thick but yet still has great holding power. 
    A bubbly or airy lather will cause razor slip and razor bite. That’s why I stress to be sure to beat the air bubbles completely out at every step. 
    If you take the few extra seconds to remove the bubbles at every step, in the end this is what you will have:

Not bragging or blowing my own horn, but the lather above is as good as it gets. It has peaks that are the equivalent of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s biceps. It has the holding power of a steel trap. It’s as cushiony as a cloud. It’s as slick as owl $hit. 
    Once I figured out to beat the air bubbles out at every step of the way, this has been the end result every time. There is no trick, short cut or voodoo. Simply beat the bubbles out and a perfect lather will be the end result. Happy lathering my friend. And shave on. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    To make it more clear, here is a visual aid. I’m going to simply use real shaving cream for this lather. No soap. 

Just a small amount. 

Smear this around in a dry lathering bowl as such. 

Now work it with a damp (not wet) brush. No water in the bowl yet. 

It will look like paste. Keep working this until you see no bubbles. I intentionally left bubbles in the pic above as a visual aid. Just work it around until they are gone. Usually takes about 30 seconds or less. 
    Here is the lather after adding 5 drops of water and being worked about 30 seconds. Obviously to thick and tacky. And again, I left bubbles in it as a visual guide. You want to work these away before adding more water. 

Here is the lather after adding 5 drops of water and working it for a few seconds with the brush. Again, I left bubbles as a visual aid. Work them away with your brush. But you can see the consistency is getting real close. Just need to remove the bubbles.  

After about 45 seconds of whisking, here is what you get. Bubble free, strong, stiff lather. 

This is just a very small lather that I whipped up quick as a visual aid. It took maybe 3 minutes due to stopping and trying to take pics. In real time it can be done in 90 seconds or less. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Screw people in Iowa.  Corn should be eaten, not burned.  That ethanol legislation is a giant special interest gift to farmers, and a giant corn-filled turd to consumers and the environment.
    As backwards as this sounds, it’s also part of the reason why non ethanol costs more than ethanol treaded fuel. Refineries had to build ethanol treatment, blending, processing, storage and pumping units. To recoup the cost, they jacked up the price of non ethanol fuel thus making it higher than the ethanol treated fuel. It a lose lose all the way around. 

Status- Standing by.

• RRP
    SGH said:
    Screw people in Iowa.  Corn should be eaten, not burned.  That ethanol legislation is a giant special interest gift to farmers, and a giant corn-filled turd to consumers and the environment.
    As backwards as this sounds, it’s also part of the reason why non ethanol costs more than ethanol treaded fuel. Refineries had to build ethanol treatment, blending, processing, storage and pumping units. To recoup the cost, they jacked up the price of non ethanol fuel thus making it higher than the ethanol treated fuel. It a lose lose all the way around. 
    I hear you, Scottie. Even though I live in the center of IL with an SMSA of 300k there are only two stations that carry non-ethanol fuel. Naturally that only comes in premium grade. One of my cars would ping like a pinball machine if I didn't use premium. My last fill up rang up $66 at the pump and I about gagged!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    This might help find ethanol free in your area. 

https://www.pure-gas.org/
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Screw people in Iowa.  Corn should be eaten, not burned.  That ethanol legislation is a giant special interest gift to farmers, and a giant corn-filled turd to consumers and 
    Not to mention the extra cost involved to design engine management systems that can run efficiently with the ethanol.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • SGH
    RRP said:
    I hear you, Scottie. Even though I live in the center of IL with an SMSA of 300k there are only two stations that carry non-ethanol fuel. Naturally that only comes in premium grade. One of my cars would ping like a pinball machine if I didn't use premium. My last fill up rang up $66 at the pump and I about gagged!
    I feel your pain here Ron. I bought that Ford F-250 diesel a few months ago. It’s a 130 bucks to fill it up when it’s dead empty. 
    Why is this a travesty? Diesel is one of the first fuels to come off of a distillation column/tower and requires very little farther processing. This makes it one of the cheapest fuels to produce. However, with the imposed low sulpher requirement, diesel is now higher than gas. And again, the reason is refineries had to build sulpher and desulfurization units and passed the costs on to us. The government is bankrupting us by trying to save the planet. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH

There are still some around. But the list is getting smaller every year and the price is getting higher. 

Status- Standing by.

• RRP
    SGH said:
    RRP said:
    I feel your pain here Ron. I bought that Ford F-250 diesel a few months ago. It’s a 130 bucks to fill it up when it’s dead empty. 
    Why is this a travesty? Diesel is one of the first fuels to come off of a distillation column/tower and requires very little farther processing. This makes it one of the cheapest fuels to produce. However, with the imposed low sulpher requirement, diesel is now higher than gas. And again, the reason is refineries had to build sulpher and desulfurization units and passed the costs on to us. The government is bankrupting us by trying to save the planet. 
    I've shared that gripe for years about the rip off with diesel fuel. Both of my last two MB have been diesels with turbochargers and they run like a striped-*ss monkey. My experience with the diesels have been very little maintenance  other than oil changes. VIVA diesel motors!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    edited July 2018
    SGH said:

There are still some around. But the list is getting smaller every year and the price is getting higher. 
    I’m actually seeing more places that have it around here. The big name gas stations like Racetrac and QT carry it at nearly all of their new stores. The gas station is a common meeting point for landscaping crews in the mornings and the AM business starting going away when those guys started wising up to ethanol. It’s a big push to get those guys back and become the common meeting point again. Those customers also tend to spend good money inside as well. 
  • RRP

Thanks! that gives me a couple more stations, yet the one where I have been buying for years now isn't even on that list!