Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Spending money like I just got my first Egg or something.  Two days ago, sprinkler controller fritzes out (it was only 23 years old!), $150.  This morning, no hot water, couldn't light the pilot light; plumber got here at 12 (thankfully, today was the Group picnic so I didn't have to burn any Leave), new thermostat, $130.  Tomorrow first thing, Saab in to repair a seat belt that won't release, G.o.k. how much that will cost.  

On the bright side, went to purchase two new neon tubes for the kitchen, and they now make LED 48" tubes to replace them, only $14/pair!  And if they last 16 years like it sez on the box, that may be the last time I change a damn bulb.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Celebrating breaking ground on the new addition. New master suite and outdoor kitchen

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Celebrating breaking ground on the new addition. New master suite and outdoor kitchen
    You get a building permit?  I had a bad experience. . . 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Cooking SWMBO’s hamburgers over aspparagus, one for this evening and one for later in the week. Meatloaf in reefer getting cold,will go over the asparagus after the burgers are done
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    You get a building permit?  I had a bad experience. . . 
    Yeah, took six weeks. It`s a small farm in a rual county but they a very strict.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    Going here tonight. You NC gastronaughts know (or should know) the culinary experience I’m about to embark. 

Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Going here tonight. You NC gastronaughts know (or should know) the culinary experience I’m about to embark. 

Good folks and a great back story.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

Good folks and a great back story.
    +1

Also - if they have fried collards, those are worth a couple of orders.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    Fried collards are on the menu and will be consumed. 
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • SamIAm2
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Burgers pulled; SWMBO approved! Meatloaf on at 400 indirect. Hoping it is better than the burgers which only had S&P. Changed up a recipe from here about 2011 time frame. Can’t remember the egger’s handle and two brews into this cook so lazy struck. Edit - Recipe was from Griffin's Grub.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Thinking I need to hide my head....just sent a message with dirty joke implied to my gf....only problem...sent to her mother instead ...fml  :s

First group vacation together ...and were supposed to be leaving in the am
    Should we change your name to DirtyDuckDogDr?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SamIAm2
    Options

Tonight was a learning experience. First I used the wrong pan for the meat loaf and had to pull it off the grate with a pizza peel. Looks bad as meatloaf but tasted pretty good. Asparagus was a different story; maybe a little old and the ends were woody and stringy. Burnt the tops a bit, but the rest of the stalk was ok. May use the leftover meatloaf for Shepards pie but not sandwiches, unless I roll the meat up in a pita. Last, don't drink when trying a new cook.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @SamIAm2 - there's no way I can approach a Q cook without satisfying house rules (time of day independent):
    Light the rig- time for an adult supervisory beverage.
    Food on-time for an adult supervisory beverage (or more depending on the time between the fire and the food).
    Cook duration -time for as many adult supervisory beverages as deemed appropriate to  establish and maintain the correct level of care and feeding (all while enjoying SWMBO eggscape time).  FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

lousubcap said:

(time of day independent)

It's summertime and kids are home, and I work at home.  I find it simplest to just never stop.
    Phoenix 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Looks good on my screen, @SamIAm2.  When trying out a new cook is the OPTIMAL time to have a cold one.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    blasting said:

lousubcap said:

(time of day independent)

It's summertime and kids are home, and I work at home.  I find it simplest to just never stop.

Brilliant.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Dropping the RV off after a killer first part of the trip. Still not used to the sun still being up at 11:00 at night. It is starting to mess with my mind.  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    SGH said:
    Checking out my new drill. 

At first I had my doubts about all this cordless stuff. But between this drill and my cordless impact, I have to say they are the way to go. 
    This looks great.... but can you shave with it?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    SGH said:
    Checking out my new drill. 

At first I had my doubts about all this cordless stuff. But between this drill and my cordless impact, I have to say they are the way to go. 
    This looks great.... but can you shave with it?
    https://youtu.be/DFSPeniPf_E

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Well the buffalo waited til Friday AM to "buffalo" the predominantly shaving related thread.  Onward and upward.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    looking at my energy report and wondiring how i used 5 percent more this year :o

You used 57% less energy than your efficient neighbors.

Great

Good

Using more than average

You
        190 kWh  

Efficient Neighbors
        440 kWh  

All Neighbors
        794 kWh  

Jun 6, 2018 - Jul 5, 2018
    This comparison is based on approx. 90 nearby homes that are most similar to yours.
    Learn more.

Track your progress

So far this year, you’ve used 5% more than last year.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I've noticed my utility bill has been higher this summer too. Keeping the AC at 68F at night isn't helping. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave