Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza! Favorite toppings

I have some family that is coming over for lunch tomorrow who live very far away.  I would like to make some pizza, but I enjoy basic ass pizza and would like to wow them a little.  Any suggestions on your favorite combos will be welcome.

Thanks!
Large BGE
BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    I have some family that is coming over for lunch tomorrow who live very far away.  I would like to make some pizza, but I enjoy basic ass pizza and would like to wow them a little.  Any suggestions on your favorite combos will be welcome.

Thanks!
    Sometimes the best are simple. Usually we make pies with boarshead old world pepperoni and cut it ourselves. Then a little fresh basil and fresh whole milk mozzarella. Not 1 crumb is left over.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Sliced meatballs

wife’s favorite- pesto in place of tomato sauce and top with Bocconcini and roasted asparagus. You can add prosciutto as well. 

Greensboro, NC
  • 55Kevy
    55Kevy Posts: 234
    Did a fathead pizza last night with mushrooms, green pepper, red onion, artichoke hearts (from a can), and a very garlicky homemade tomato sauce.

Kevin

Beautiful Santa Ynez Valley, CA
    XL BGE, Woo2, AR

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited July 2018
    Some of mine...

Pistachio, red onion, parm-regg

Pepperoni

Garlic, white sauce, prosciutto, sun dried tomato, shiitake mushrooms

Spinach

Pepperoni, yellow onion

Spinach, peas, onion

Pepperoni, Italian sausage, basil

Hope this helps.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• No Picts here but fresh figs, goat cheese, prosciutto, and balsamic reduction drizzle.  
    Southwestern CT
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Pesto with shrimp and artichoke hearts.

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    Bacon cheeseburger is a favorite when I cook. Got the idea from a local pizza joint. Ketchup spread out for the base and then squirt a little mustard over the ketchup. I put ha meat, bacon, pickles, onions and cheese. The local pizza joint puts lettuce and tomatoes on top after they cook it. 
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824

Thanks!
    I've never been a fan of ass pizza.
    NOLA
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Chicken, pineapple and red onion here
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,871
    I hear gochujang meatball pizzas are pretty good.

Also, mortadella, pistachio, garlic, olive oil, and fresh mozz makes for an incredible white pizza.  The ingredients don’t sound like they should go together, but they do.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Skrullb
    Skrullb Posts: 666
    Leftover pulled pork, caramelized red onion, and bbq sauce. Reuben pizza (that’s right, Reuben). Ham, mushrooms and banana peppers. 
    I'm in Fredericksburg, VA, and I have an XL and a medium. 
  • bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    Thank you everyone, exactly what I was looking for. 
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,871
    Skrullb said:
    Leftover pulled pork, caramelized red onion, and bbq sauce.
    ^ This.  If you have left-over PP, this pizza is hard to beat.  It's one of our favorites.  It's almost worth making pulled pork just so you can make this pizza, it's that good.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Thank you everyone, exactly what I was looking for. 

I'm flying under other eggers tonight, but rather than to try something different and more exotic (IMHO) than what you have never tried before yourself, then why serve them something new? When we have guests over I only serve them my variety of dishes that I know will be good proven recipes that I will be proud to serve and not have a crutch nearby saying "sorry, but I have never tried this before!"

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • buzd504 said:

Thanks!
    Paging @sgh

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    buzd504 said:

Thanks!
    Paging @sgh
    He just don’t know what he is missing out on =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Some of mine...

Pistachio, red onion, parm-regg

Pepperoni

Garlic, white sauce, prosciutto, sun dried tomato, shiitake mushrooms

Spinach

Pepperoni, yellow onion

Spinach, peas, onion

Pepperoni, Italian sausage, basil

Hope this helps.
    helped me want some pizza
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Speaking of @Zippylip, his simple flatbread is EXCELLENT! Dough, oil, s&p and fresh thyme after the bake... 

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/2002801

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    something not seen here too often =)

this is a french pissaladiere, really strong flavored appetizer pizza, cut it into small servings, this one was cooked in a slotted grill pan

herb crust with rosemary thyme and garlic, sauce is roasted scallions and garlic with anchovie balsamic and basil, topping is kalamata olives and anchovies, then gorganzola and fresh basil sprinkled on top after cooking

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    my favorite pizzas though are made with the white moldy pepperoni from the italian deli or greasy pourtuguese chourico
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    edited July 2018
    Simple - triple extra greasy pepperoni (you can't see the crust or anything underneath) with a bit of onion and mushrooms and mozzarella with a homemade sauce.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

Fresh mozz and homemade sauce are gamechangers.

We generally make two pies.  One random chefy type combination.  The other is always ham and pineapple.  Yeah, I said it - the most dumped on pie in America is one of my favs.  Home smoked ham for the win.
    Phoenix 
  • Plutonium
    Plutonium Posts: 230
    Pepperoni and hatch green chiles. Or whatever peppers I have is my go to. 
    Albuquerque, NM - LBGE and an old rusted gasser that I use for accessory storage.

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,717
    I like pretty much anything on mine.
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Been crushing these on pizzas as of late.

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio