Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT* Allegedly OT*

Options
ColtsFan
ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
So SWMBO and I are at complete ends of the spectrum when it comes to food/mind/body/soul.

She's a lot more "in touch" with her body. Eats clean, practices yoga, the whole zen mantra thing. 

And me, well.... Give me another beer, bourbon and burger. I'd pass out if I tried a downward dog.

Anyways. "Allegedly" I agreed to do a 3 day juice cleanse with her. 

Today we received 2 big boxes. This is the contents of one. 6 bottles a day for 3 days. 

Think we're starting next week. 

It was nice knowing y'all

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

Comments

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    Good luck, but I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Aren’t you supposed to drink that stuff sooner than later?  Like within 24-48 hours.. 

I force myself to drink a juice from our cafe at work every morning and it’s gross.  Celery, spinach, kale, apple, lime, beets and ginger.  I feel like it does my liver a favor though and I celebrate with a beer or 5 after work.   
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Don’t stray to far from bathroom!!!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    You'll never make it with all that temptation on your second shelf (plus, you have a second carton to unload).  PMing you my address, I'll pay postage.   ;)

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,345
    Options
    Too bad we're not born with a natural system to remove wastes from our bodies.

Oh wait...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• ColtsFan
    Options
    Cornholio said:
    Aren’t you supposed to drink that stuff sooner than later?  Like within 24-48 hours.. 

I force myself to drink a juice from our cafe at work every morning and it’s gross.  Celery, spinach, kale, apple, lime, beets and ginger.  I feel like it does my liver a favor though and I celebrate with a beer or 5 after work.   
    If not frozen need to consume within 4 days  Otherwise freeze and thaw day before use

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Oh hell no. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    You need to hall @ss out of there!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    What a crime scene that is! All space which should hold a lot of beer and several sub-primals of aging beef! Better call the cops!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Options
    All things in moderation, brother. Three days of self denial while force feeding yourself that sh!t while giving yourself, well, the sh!ts, is not moderation. 
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • Botch
    Options
    Cornholio said:
    I force myself to drink a juice from our cafe at work every morning and it’s gross.  Celery, spinach, kale, apple, lime, beets and ginger.     
    Get them to drop the beets, and that'd be delicious.  Sorry, I like juices.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    LIsten....I get it.

I put cheese on my grouper sandwich to make my wife happy, you blow out your bowels with nasty juice to make yours happy.

It's practically the same thing. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options

Little Rock, AR

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Botch said:
    Cornholio said:
    I force myself to drink a juice from our cafe at work every morning and it’s gross.  Celery, spinach, kale, apple, lime, beets and ginger.     
    Get them to drop the beets, and that'd be delicious.  Sorry, I like juices.  
    Beets clean the liver though.. I actually have them add the beets and ginger.  
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    And we're not talking colonoscopy here...right??  
    I learned about cleansing ales from the Aussies- a better option for sure.
    Gotta admit that if I found myself in this trick sack I would not offer it to a Q forum.  Good luck!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    And we're not talking colonoscopy here...right??  
    I learned about cleansing ales from the Aussies- a better option for sure.
    Gotta admit that if I found myself in this trick sack I would not offer it to a Q forum.  Good luck!
    Lol.. I can handle the expected ribbing from posting this. 

I just want y'all to be aware in case I go MIA sometime after next week. ;) 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    It’s a lot cheaper to just each a bunch of grapes for the same effect.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    The only thing juice cleanses is your wallet. 

Crock of shite with no medical basis.

enjoy
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    RRP said:
    What a crime scene that is! All space which should hold a lot of beer and several sub-primals of aging beef! Better call the cops!
    Pretty sure that’s a freezer, no beer. 
  • mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Options
    way to commit my wife asked me to that once and I followed up with a no problem lll do it what ever makes you happy. and she was so excited and said really and I said hell no. Full disclosure it was a hell of a cleanse. I felt not a bit different after it except for hunger and was very very weak and irritable and im not just talking about my but. 
    Good Luck
    Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • Botch
    Options
    It’s a lot cheaper to just each a bunch of grapes for the same effect.
    Preferably, frozen.  Especially in this heat!  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,042
    Options
    Will it boil in the egg?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I’d plead ignorance.  Then I’d document my deuces with photos and show her as proof that I’m all cleaned out. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Also, is there a downward facing doggy style?  Asking for a friend.