Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT* Allegedly OT*

Options
124»

Comments

• Gburner
    Gburner Posts: 13
    Options
    BGE XL, Kick Ash Basket (NEW!!), Smokeware SS Cap, Flameboss 300 for S&L, BGE Lump & Fogo Lump Lover, Husker, Big Green Egging and Golf Fanatic.  Egging is an addictive hobby.
  • TheToast
    TheToast Posts: 376
    Options
    Not wanting to be that guy, but detoxing / cleansing is a myth.  So long as you drink a good amount of water each day, your body flushes out all the bad stuff constantly - if it didn't we'd be screwed.
    Some info: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/dec/05/detox-myth-health-diet-science-ignorance

You may well lose some weight though when you can remove yourself from the toilet so good luck with that!

Otherwise don't feel guilty, have a beer and given that liver something to do
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Methinks @ColtsFan will get something very nice from SWMBO for suffering through this for a few weeks. =)

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'm hoping for - or against - commode pics.  There's no telling where that green radiance will end up.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Hah! At first glance I thought it said Green Riddance (from the folks that brought you colon blow).
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,343
    Options
    ** UPDATE **

Well, I survived the 3 days and did not cheat once. Started Friday and ended last night. Saturday was by far the worst day. Tired, foggy feeling, euphoric at times. The scale was down 12 lbs this morning from Friday mornings weigh in. Mostly water weight I'm sure.

If anything, this was a nice purge to break myself from the processed food/carb/sugar addiction. I'm hoping to eat cleaner from here on out.

Perhaps the worst part was doing my usual Sunday routine of egging most of the day and not eating any of it... lol

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    @ColtsFan glad to see you on this side of the weekend.  You have accumulated many points with SWMBO so strike while the iron is hot. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    ** UPDATE **

Well, I survived the 3 days and did not cheat once. Started Friday and ended last night. Saturday was by far the worst day. Tired, foggy feeling, euphoric at times. The scale was down 12 lbs this morning from Friday mornings weigh in. Mostly water weight I'm sure.

If anything, this was a nice purge to break myself from the processed food/carb/sugar addiction. I'm hoping to eat cleaner from here on out.

Perhaps the worst part was doing my usual Sunday routine of egging most of the day and not eating any of it... lol

Congrats sir.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    its a good day to sneak out and get a big greasy cheese burger dripping with mayo and ketchup with a healthy slice of tomatoes and an order of fries =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColtsFan
    Options
    Another thing, I'm usually a chronic sinus sufferer, post nasal drip, the whole nine yards.

Being three day dairy free I can breathe free and clear. Like better than I ever recall.

I hate to say it, but I think dairy is an allergen for me. I'm going to cut dairy for the next week and see how this plays out.

I haven't taken any allergy meds, flonase since Thursday

Weird

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Good for you.

Keep us updates as to prolonged weight loss, etc.

I'd love to lose 10 lbs of belly fat. But I like wine and bread.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • baychilla
    baychilla Posts: 387
    edited July 2018
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Another thing, I'm usually a chronic sinus sufferer, post nasal drip, the whole nine yards.

Being three day dairy free I can breathe free and clear. Like better than I ever recall.

I hate to say it, but I think dairy is an allergen for me. I'm going to cut dairy for the next week and see how this plays out.

Weird
    I've heard meat can contribute to that the same way dairy might - but I don't know how far I believe it.
    Near San Francisco in California
  • ColtsFan
    Options
    baychilla said:
    ColtsFan said:

Weird
    I've heard meat can contribute to that the same way dairy might - but I don't know how far I believe it.
    Not a chance in hell that I'll give up meat... :o

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Well done sir.  

Now eat a big meal and gain back most of that weight.  It was just feces in your intestines.  They emptied out.  You can fill them back up.  

Even after that you will have lost a couple of pounds.  So, well done sir.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

Weird
    Milk is a mucous-producer, so it's probably just that versus an allergic reaction.