Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    ^^^  Well, tare it open and check!  

(see what I did there?)  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    lol, botch.  seriously, the whole house reeks, and I haven't even opened the bag yet.
    Options
    In other news, got my TPMS sensors today and tires coming in on Friday.  
    Options
    and I noticed clutch slippage today.  My brother just priced out some parts.  friggin sucks.
    edited July 2018
    Options
    lol, botch.  seriously, the whole house reeks, and I haven't even opened the bag yet.
    I had to reload the previous page, wait for all the pics to load, spinning Mac beach balls, more loading, and then I couldn't see a label on the bag.
    WHAT did you buy??  

The only thing I've stunk up the house with, before opening the package, was Tallegio cheese, and it was awesomely worth it.  

• nolaegghead
    Options
    sweet herb, man
    Options
    :anguished:

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Making some brownies?

Phoenix 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Puff puff pass 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Jesus Christ, you people.  I just ordered some friggin Saffron and it's 420 all of a sudden.  
    edited July 2018
    Options
    “Anyone who says you can’t buy happiness has never ridden a jet ski” Chris rock maybe? Good line anyway 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    “Anyone who says you can’t buy happiness has never ridden a jet ski” Chris rock maybe? Good line anyway 
    Money can't buy Happiness, but it can buy you a yacht to be miserable on.  

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I did not eat the whole two racks.  

I’m ashamed of you for this :o

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @lousubcap
    It looks mighty fine brother. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    SGH said:
    I’m getting ready to hijack my ole buddy Ron with today’s shave =)

@sgh is that a single or double edge blade in the razor? As per your later post, I guess you have to be careful with the corners of the blade, must be quite tricky? I use a Feather DE razor with Feather blades. It's a relatively mild razor, but still does the job well and is a very consistent combination.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    What could possibly go wrong?
    Options
    What I'm doing right now is reading every tech bulletin on Pelican Parts they have on removing my transmission and replacing the clutch.  Doesn't look too hard.  My brother is buying the parts for me (he manages a Mercedes shop in San Antonio and gets parts cheap). 

Now I got sucked into the IMS bearing thing....my car is right in the transition period of engines that succumb to the bearing failure and the ones that are good.  Since I'll have the tranny out, great time to be proactive, but is it necessary? 
    Options
    Backing up...clutch slipped today so bad clutch.  Dual mass flywheel, I can reuse the flywheel if it passes the diagnostic tests, otherwise that's another $450.  My brother disagrees, but Porsche issued a tech bulletin on this and I'm going to follow their advice rather than a Mercedes mechanic.
    Options
    Adding shelves to my wine cellar.

My plan to keep 65 labels has not worked out as well as I had hoped.

Just got back from Napa, I now have 4 cases with no space, not real big on storing them in the original cases, requiring them to be upside down.

I blame it on the BGE XL.

Were you aware the people who make Cliff Bars are now make wine? Me neither. Pretty dang good too. My Beautiful Wife had it at Mustard's in Napa.

Cliff's Number one seller is a rosé. Sells out after release in 30 days. I am grateful. We would have had 5 cases instead of 4,  to deal with, having no more shelf space.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,770
    Options
    SGH said:
    SGH said:

For any of you straight razor shavers out there thinking of trying a shavette, bewarned, it has way more “bite” than a traditional straight razor. My face looks like a jigsaw puzzle. 
    looks like it has a bottle opener feature, get up early, crack open a beer, then shave =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    Backing up...clutch slipped today so bad clutch.  Dual mass flywheel, I can reuse the flywheel if it passes the diagnostic tests, otherwise that's another $450.  My brother disagrees, but Porsche issued a tech bulletin on this and I'm going to follow their advice rather than a Mercedes mechanic.
    Do it ALL while you have it apart!  IMS, RMS, AOS, Clutch, Test Flywheel and replace if needed, pressure plate, etc... once the tranny is out, it's all open territory for replacing parts!  Have fun... bring your car to TN and you can use my lift!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,770
    Options
    i know a range rover mechanic that might be able to help =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    Options
    nolaegghead said:
    What I'm doing right now is reading every tech bulletin on Pelican Parts they have on removing my transmission and replacing the clutch.  Doesn't look too hard.  My brother is buying the parts for me (he manages a Mercedes shop in San Antonio and gets parts cheap). 

Now I got sucked into the IMS bearing thing....my car is right in the transition period of engines that succumb to the bearing failure and the ones that are good.  Since I'll have the tranny out, great time to be proactive, but is it necessary? 

These are rich people problems I’m out!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• SGH
    Options
    Eoin said:
    SGH said:

@sgh is that a single or double edge blade in the razor? As per your later post, I guess you have to be careful with the corners of the blade, must be quite tricky? I use a Feather DE razor with Feather blades. It's a relatively mild razor, but still does the job well and is a very consistent combination.
    It uses a DE blade broke in half length wise. I dont understand why they are made that way. If the holder was a tad wider, you could drop a whole DE blade in without having to break them in half. 

Status- Standing by.

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Eating Popeye's fried chicken. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave