Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    TTC said:
    Hiked up the Flatirons this morning before touring CU Boulder with my oldest. 
    I was in Boulder today myself. Was hot.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    SGH said:
    I’m getting ready to hijack my ole buddy Ron with today’s shave =)

For any of you straight razor shavers out there thinking of trying a shavette, bewarned, it has way more “bite” than a traditional straight razor. My face looks like a jigsaw puzzle. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Played with the drone for a little bit. 

Which drone do you have?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    SGH said:
    Dyal_SC said:

Which drone do you have?
    The DJI Mavic Pro.  Pretty solid little unit. 
  • SGH
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    SGH said:
    Dyal_SC said:

Which drone do you have?
    Question. If you was purchasing again would you go that particular one? I ask because I’m really considering buying a pair of drones.

Status- Standing by.

• Dyal_SC
    Options
    SGH said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    SGH said:
    Dyal_SC said:

Which drone do you have?
    Question. If you was purchasing again would you go that particular one? I ask because I’m really considering buying a pair of drones.
    I don’t have too much experience with a lot of drones, but this one is perfect for me. I use it to do roof and gutter inspections mostly. Folded, it’s barely bigger than my phone and the gimble camera technology is pretty amazing. It stays super still even with a little wind.  Ultra 4K HD video and pics.   I haven’t flown it (nor will I) in winds too heavy though. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,413
    Options
    With the high potential of providing a learning experience regarding drones please see below:  =)

Have you ever put much thought into the male honey bee?  The drone is a fascinating creature from his birth to mating to death.

Drones are the larger bees hanging around hives. They live there during the spring and summer but regularly leave to find Drone Congregation Areas (DCAs), in the hope of being part of a mating flight.

A primary focus for a drone is to mate with a queen. He waits high above the ground in a drone congregating area. If a queen flies by only slightly outside of the radar of this congregating area, she will go undetected. However, if she flies by and is noticed by a drone there's a chance of a mating encounter.

During this mating activity, hundreds or even thousands of male bees will compete to mate with a queen. They don’t fight. They simply see who can fly closest to successfully mate.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    SGH said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    SGH said:
    Dyal_SC said:

Which drone do you have?
    I don’t have too much experience with a lot of drones, but this one is perfect for me. I use it to do roof and gutter inspections mostly. Folded, it’s barely bigger than my phone and the gimble camera technology is pretty amazing. It stays super still even with a little wind.  Ultra 4K HD video and pics.   I haven’t flown it (nor will I) in winds too heavy though. 
    @dmw put up a few drone pics the other day.  Maybe he has some insight? 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited July 2018
    Options
    SGH said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    SGH said:
    Dyal_SC said:

Which drone do you have?
    If you are serious about getting one, hang on a little bit unless you need one tomorrow. Rumor is DJI is getting ready to release a new model.

https://www.techradar.com/news/dji-mavic-2-leak-shows-off-sleeker-design-and-swappable-camera-gimbal
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    SGH said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    SGH said:
    Dyal_SC said:

Which drone do you have?
     But does it give good video of faulty roof repairs? (Asking for a friend). 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    SGH said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    SGH said:
    Dyal_SC said:

Which drone do you have?
     But does it give good video of faulty roof repairs? (Asking for a friend). 
    Indubitably 
  • DMW
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    SGH said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    SGH said:
    Dyal_SC said:

Which drone do you have?
    Saturday night my buddy (owns a roofing business) was over and we were checking out my roof and found a bad gasket on one of our vent pipes. Told him to schedule us whenever they had an opening. He's buying a drone for his business now.

Edit: Went and checked, had the pic on my laptop:

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW
    edited July 2018
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    SGH said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    SGH said:
    Dyal_SC said:

Which drone do you have?
    @dmw put up a few drone pics the other day.  Maybe he has some insight? 
    The Mavic Pro is a solid option. We went with the GoPro Karma, as we already had the Hero5 camera and the drone body was not much to add on. GoPro has decided to get out of the drone game and is just selling off existing stock. The price was pretty good and made an easy choice. 

I posted above, it looks like DJI is getting ready to release a new version of the Mavic Pro.
    https://www.techradar.com/news/dji-mavic-2-leak-shows-off-sleeker-design-and-swappable-camera-gimbal

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Dyal_SC
    Options
    DMW said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    SGH said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    SGH said:
    Dyal_SC said:

Which drone do you have?
    Saturday night my buddy (owns a roofing business) was over and we were checking out my roof and found a bad gasket on one of our vent pipes. Told him to schedule us whenever they had an opening. He's buying a drone for his business now.
    If he does, let him know that Remote Pilot 101 is a great and inexpensive online tutorial program that will prep you for the Part 107 FAA exam. Got my certification earlier this year after taking it. 
  • DMW
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    DMW said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    SGH said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    SGH said:
    Dyal_SC said:

Which drone do you have?
    If he does, let him know that Remote Pilot 101 is a great and inexpensive online tutorial program that will prep you for the Part 107 FAA exam. Got my certification earlier this year after taking it. 
    He's already a licensed pilot, I think there is an accelerated program, or an exemption, can't remember.

Edit: Found the details - https://uavcoach.com/drone-certification/#11

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    lousubcap said:

During this mating activity, hundreds or even thousands of male bees will compete to mate with a queen. They don’t fight. They simply see who can fly closest to successfully mate.

@lousubcap there’s a cougar bar in town I’m told has very similar mating rituals. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• DMW
    Options
    Put some drone video from Saturday night on YouTube. This was just after we ate and before the drinking got serious. This is a GoPro Karma drone with a GoPro Hero5 Black camera.

https://youtu.be/sidqkfU2sGQ

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SGH
    edited July 2018
    Options
    DMW said:
    Put some drone video from Saturday night on YouTube. This was just after we ate and before the drinking got serious. This is a GoPro Karma drone with a GoPro Hero5 Black camera.

You rich guys make me sick. Still wish I had y’alls money though =)

Status- Standing by.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,413
    Options
    @SGH- all relative as you have land-and unless you are in Hawaii no one is making more.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DMW
    Options
    SGH said:
    DMW said:

You rich guys make me sick. Still wish I had y’alls money though =)
    I might be rich if I didn't waste my kids' college fund on toys...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    This happened tonight.  Hid a couple of sliced pepperoncinis in each ball. Did up some vidalia onions and tots to go with em.  Damn they were good.  
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • SGH
    Options
    DMW said:
    I might be rich if I didn't waste my kids' college fund on toys...
    I feel your pain on this one. I give my granddaughter more than I ever gave my wife and my three kids combined. I could of retired 12 years ago if I could just tell her no  :s

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @DMW
    If you don’t mind send a text to my phone so I can resave your number. I dropped my iPhone 5 in the water and lost all of my contacts. 
    228-627-5400. 

Status- Standing by.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Sounds like my college days when I would visit a disco on the weekends.
    Except there was occasional fighting.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    got an ounce of stinky herb in the mail today.  I weighed it to make sure I didn't get ripped off...

Options
    Hope the bag weighs less than or equal to 0.068 oz.
    Options
    in the parlance of scientists, we call that the "tare" weight.
    Options
    it was $85/oz.  I feel like that was an exceptional deal.