Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Spatchcock chicken done. Now off to look for the dog who caught a rabbit earlier and ran away with it. 

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Up next Spatchcock Rabbit?
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @nolaegghead
    I liked that 40 so much I jumped on a 60 as well. 

Check out how thick the wall is in this pic.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Getting ready to see imagine dragons in Nashville tonight. Then seeing them again in st louis tomorrow night. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,352
    Options
    Ordering charcoal from @stlcharcoal

My boss is a new egg owner and a recent convert. He placed an order too I think... :) 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,670
    Options
    Sweet corn stand is open =)  I planted a couple rows but it wont be ready for a bit yet..  going 350 for 30 minutes.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    direct ok?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    direct ok?
    yup!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited July 2018
    Options

Deleting emails (no Hillary jokes please) from Ashley Home Store.  Entered their egg raffle and have received 23 emails in the last 19 days.

Note to self - don't be a sucker next time.

Phoenix 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,354
    Options
    blasting said:

Deleting emails (no Hillary jokes please) from Ashley Home Store.  Entered their egg raffle and have received 23 emails in the last 19 days.

Setup a filter to send them right into the trash or your spam folder.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    Options
    blasting said:

Make sure to avoid Omaha Steaks, also.  They started sending me emails once or twice a day, 3 mailings a week, and at least two phone solicitations per week.  I asked them to remove me, they wouldn't, so I sent a written, registered letter to them (with a cc: to Dewey, Skrewem & Howe, Attorneys at Law) and they finally stopped.  
    They only gave you "Choice" grade, anyway....

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    sweet corn was killer! husk on 350 for 30 minutes.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @SGH - Nice pots Scottie.  I have some nice, thick walled aluminum like that but they're reserved for beer.
    Options
    @SGH - Nice pots Scottie.  I have some nice, thick walled aluminum like that but they're reserved for beer.
    Mine are reserved for shrimp, crab and crawfish =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,032
    Options
    Slinging some walking tacos at softball tonight on the 17

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Slinging some walking tacos at softball tonight on the 17

"Walking Tacos", love it!  I'm familiar with "Chili Fritos" in Texas (made my own several times), even mentioned by the late, great Anthony Bourdain!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    My sister-in-law is visiting for the week. She's staying in the basement. None of the sounds all that important until you understand my bar is in the basement.

Now that the horror has set in, I have a backup. I'm watching TV via TiVo streaming and browsing the internet from my office now. It's not quite as comfortable as the bar stool, but I'll survive.

We're heading to NYC tomorrow for the day. Wife, SIL, and daughter are going to see Anastasia on Broadway and me and Big Guy are going to try to find something to keep us occupied while thanking all that is good that we don't have to sit through a musical for almost three hours.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Trying to get rid of this head and chest cold
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    DMW said:
    None of the sounds all that important until you understand my bar is in the basement.

So dip into the sock drawer whiskey bottle like a normal person. 

Phoenix 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    blasting said:
    DMW said:
    None of the sounds all that important until you understand my bar is in the basement.

So dip into the sock drawer whiskey bottle like a normal person. 

My office *may* have become a temporary establishment.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Trying to get rid of this head and chest cold
    Dude....youve been toting that around for a while now. Gotta be making you nuts! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Laying in his awesome bed recovering from my second disectomy in a year and a half on the same disk. Wishing I could sleep and waiting for the next 10 minutes so I can have some fun juice. aka Morphine.  Who said sleeping in a hospital straight up lied  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    Laying in his awesome bed recovering from my second disectomy in a year and a half on the same disk. Wishing I could sleep and waiting for the next 10 minutes so I can have some fun juice. aka Morphine.  Who said sleeping in a hospital straight up lied  
    Oh man, that sucks.  Hope you get some rest and leave the hospital better than you arrived.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Thanks @Legume  word is I may get sprung out of here tomorrow but we shall see 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Hang in there, man.  PCA pump?  I seem to recall a Drunk History about the guy that invented that.  But I might be wrong as I was also probably drunk.
    Yeah which is currently empty the nurse I have tonight has been gone for like 45 mins trying to track down another bag of saline sobbitbibg is working right now. Don’t mind me. I’ll just lay here and wait for you. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    My BIL was intubated in the ICU after going through the therapeutic hypothermia protocol, and when his nurse was gone too long dealing with a all hands on deck code, his propofol wore off and he woke up, freaking the f*ck out.  We didn't know if he would be a vegetable or not after the process, but he was lucid.  Question answered.

He was the one of the first patients to go through that process in the hospital, and he was the one that pushed it. 

Turns out he was fine, needed a pacemaker with a defibrillator built in, but resumed his cardiology practice with no further problems until he retired.  Now teaching medicine to other doctors.  This was all after a cardiac event where he was dead for about 5 or 6 minutes, based on the video feed.  Good thing it happened at a hospital.