Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ButtBlast 2018

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Ashish knows a good bourbon slushy when he sees one.  Adam assumed the role of doctor at this moment.  BB3.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • I love Suzy trying to politely salvage an arguably unsalvagable situation. 

THAT is southern hospitality. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• bgebrent said:
    Ashish knows a good bourbon slushy when he sees one.  Adam assumed the role of doctor at this moment.  BB3.
    @bgebrent If that is your bar of excellence....

All of your patients should find a new doctor  ;)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,128
    bgebrent said:

Can I filter doctors by bourbon slushie consumption on webmd? 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    bgebrent said:

Can I filter doctors by bourbon slushie consumption on webmd? 
    No, that is not a searchable field.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    buzzkill
    buzzkill
    #factsmatter
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    YukonRon said:
    I have images, that will never be posted, for a price......
    You won’t   ;);)
    The wifey is in the background with the camera. I just asked to borrow her phone for a minute... 

That. Is. Amazing.
    Suzy thought we were all going to die, especially after the campsite clean burn, which made North Korea think we launched missiles at them, from the images seen from space.

That had folks running for safety...

Good times.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,871

This is just like a ballet between two synchronized swimmers, except with none of the grace, coordination, or athleticism, but all of the slushee.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,797
    There's an element of grace in the fact that he did not give up the beverage in his left hand.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• DoubleEgger

This is just like a ballet between two synchronized swimmers, except with none of the grace, coordination, or athleticism, but all of the slushee.
    I dunno. It looked like they have been in that position before. It all happened so fast....
  • DoubleEgger
    It’s all about multi culturalism at BB
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,871
    Ashish and I are like the Butt Blast version of Curling in the Winter Olympics.

You may not understand it. It might not take a lot of grace and athleticism. But Americans will still crack open a beer, sit back, and watch.

And...like curling...you can still come home with the gold. Or crawfish. :murica::rock_on:  
    This was honestly one of the funniest damn things I have seen in a long time.  I’m not sure words can do it justice.  You really had to be there.
  • YukonRon

You may not understand it. It might not take a lot of grace and athleticism. But Americans will still crack open a beer, sit back, and watch.

And...like curling...you can still come home with the gold. Or crawfish. :murica::rock_on:  
    This was honestly one of the funniest damn things I have seen in a long time.  I’m not sure words can do it justice.  You really had to be there.
    To some, perhaps frightening, might also be a descriptive utilized to frame a very fun evening.

The fire. I will never forget seeing people scatter in every direction, when @NOLAegghead put a 5 gallon jug of cooking oil on a fire that was going pretty strong at the time.

Tower of fire. I began to think about trying to explain the burned out hull of the RV we rented to its owner.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon said:

To some, perhaps frightening, might also be a descriptive utilized to frame a very fun evening.

The fire. I will never forget seeing people scatter in every direction, when @NOLAegghead put a 5 gallon jug of cooking oil on a fire that was going pretty strong at the time.

Tower of fire. I began to think about trying to explain the burned out hull of the RV we rented to its owner.
    That was rented? Would have hard to explain and harder to pay for!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727

If you can’t see grace, coordination, athleticism, AND pageantry in that shot... then you, sir, are lost. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon said:

Typically we are backpackers or tent campers.

The main reason for the RV rental, besides weekend comfort, was a kitchen, extra bathroom, ease of getting in, as well as, ease of getting out, because we had planned to host the post party, which in doing so, was worth the rental, times two.

My Beautiful Wife still enjoys the outdoors, and loves tent camping. Trust me, she still enjoys comfort and convenience, so compromises have been made to accomodate, although nothing major though.

I actually liked the camper, but for now, I am fine with my Marmots.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I think I was the only fool with a tent that weekend. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim said:
    @thetrim don’t worry buddy, I’ve got cabin 2 on permanent retainer for you from here on out. 

South of Nashville, TN

• thetrim
    thetrim said:
    @thetrim don’t worry buddy, I’ve got cabin 2 on permanent retainer for you from here on out. 
    As cold as it was, I had enough anti freeze to stay pretty warm through the night. 
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRon
    thetrim said:
    If we didn't have to drive carrying a few coolers of Slushies and need a kitchen, we might have tented it, too.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    We have done some cold weather camping...the morning fire and coffee is glorious.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    thetrim said:
    nope.  

Typically we are backpackers or tent campers.

The main reason for the RV rental, besides weekend comfort, was a kitchen, extra bathroom, ease of getting in, as well as, ease of getting out, because we had planned to host the post party, which in doing so, was worth the rental, times two.

My Beautiful Wife still enjoys the outdoors, and loves tent camping. Trust me, she still enjoys comfort and convenience, so compromises have been made to accomodate, although nothing major though.

I actually liked the camper, but for now, I am fine with my Marmots.

You guys did a great job of hosting. I am betting the 2 of you would have thrown a great party no matter how you chose to camp.
  • thetrim
    thetrim said:
    nope.  
    But I didn’t have a large Viking to cuddle with.  
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited January 2019
    I was scrolling through this thread to tell my son about @caliking’s pakodas, and came across this photo of @bgebrent and @JohnInCarolina cuddling, and I noticed that it appears that Brent had pissed himself. What gives?

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • I don't think that's piss, unfortunately for me.  
  • thetrim
    Seems like a great way to piss off, err I mean kick off the new year!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95