Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    i lost my last dog to kidney failure caused from a petco treat. try feeding the kids frozen marrow bones ;)
    Holy smoke....attention @theyolksonyou
    thats no joke, it was a purina product made in china
    These are the loose bin ones you buy by the pound. I remember when that Chinese dog treat thing was happening.  
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    i lost my last dog to kidney failure caused from a petco treat. try feeding the kids frozen marrow bones ;)
    Holy smoke....attention @theyolksonyou
    thats no joke, it was a purina product made in china
    These are the loose bin ones you buy by the pound. I remember when that Chinese dog treat thing was happening.  
    That’s nice Jason, only the best for your family.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    At least he did not take his family dumpster diving. Husband and Father of the year candidate for sure...
    Just kidding......he is a very good Father, you can tell by his children. They are awesome.
    Amy might have an enlightening comment or two regarding Husband material though..
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Just saw this on reddit.  Thought all you Blackstone owners would appreciate this and accept the challenge.  

https://www.reddit.com/r/howto/comments/8ssueb/make_caramel_popcorn/
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited June 2018
    Just saw this on reddit.  Thought all you Blackstone owners would appreciate this and accept the challenge.  

https://www.reddit.com/r/howto/comments/8ssueb/make_caramel_popcorn/

I wonder how hard it is to clean off burnt caramel from a griddle. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    edited June 2018
    Smoke roasting some pork chops and a bunch of chicken for meals the next few days 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Garage egging again...and missing my covered deck. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    So I have 2 trees to cut up and split. 3 weeks ago I dropped the chainsaw off at the shop  because it would stall as soon as I put the chain to the wood. Drove me insane.  Took it to the shop. Told them to make it like new. A full tuneup. I pick it up and they rattled off what they did: new air filter, spark plug, fuel filter, fuel lines,  new carb, checked the clutch, sharpened 5 chains.
    “Good to go sir”. 
    “Did you fire it up? All good?” I ask.
    “Like new”
    “Perfect - got a lot of cutting to do”

I brought it out tonight.  Started on the second  pull. Let it sit and warm.  Started cutting and got this far:

The second I touch the chain to the wood it stalls. Starts right up. Can throttle up and down as much as I want. Touch the chain to wood and it dies. 
    I swear I felt like I was on candid camera. Did that about 20 times. 

Splitting was to be done this weekend. 

Not happy. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Sea2Ski said:
    So I have 2 trees to cut up and split. 3 weeks ago I dropped the chainsaw off at the shop  because it would stall as soon as I put the chain to the wood. Drove me insane.  Took it to the shop. Told them to make it like new. A full tuneup. I pick it up and they rattled off what they did: new air filter, spark plug, fuel filter, fuel lines,  new carb, checked the clutch, sharpened 5 chains.
    “Good to go sir”. 
    “Like new”

I brought it out tonight.  Started on the second  pull. Let it sit and warm.  Started cutting and got this far:

The second I touch the chain to the wood it stalls. Starts right up. Can throttle up and down as much as I want. Touch the chain to wood and it dies. 

Not happy. 
    Could it be you are out of shape an not able to apply a little pressure? You were struggling with them fish also. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Luka Doncic Mom is hotter that a Roccbox
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Jeremiah
    thetrim said:
    Milf!!!
  • Jeremiah
    @Sea2Ski while I share your frustration with chainsaws, they might have still done a “full tune up” but just failed to put a load on it. On the side of the case there’s two screws. One should say “L” one “H”. You can fine tune it with these...here’s a video: https://youtu.be/M6T5JoGXcHY
    dude’s drinking beer...pure chainsaw awesomeness. 
  • YukonRon
    edited June 2018
    Sea2Ski said:z
    “Good to go sir”. 
    “Like new”

Not happy. 
    Is your chain bar bent or torqued?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

@Jeremiah  That guy is pure gold.  Maybe it's just me, but I learned some stuff and was cracking up the whole time. 

Phoenix 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Amy and matthew are fighting over eating a dog treat.  They’re seriously eating dog cookies from Petco.  FML.  I’m moving out.  Apparently they taste like nutter butter.  
     Remember that next time they compliment your food.

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Jeremiah said:
    Garage egging again...and missing my covered deck. 
    Careful  last time a cooker was near the jeep  it was ran over. 

I smell a devastated thread soon. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Jeremiah
    Lol @tarheelmatt I’ve learned my lesson. Nothing gets near the battle tank now. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

Psa for any other wannabe sausage makers.

Lem #12 Big Bite on sale right now.  As I post it's 330 with 4 left.

https://camelcamelcamel.com/LEM-Products-17801-Stainless-Electric/product/B074FBH56N

Phoenix 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    You’re not a heel so much as a lazy SOB
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    You’re not a heel so much as a lazy SOB
    I dont know if I could call him lazy, after putting up a spread like that.....
    Definitely hijacked, but a great meal was to be had.....
    This needs to be at brisket camp.....

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    That wasn't a hijack, that was a smackdown (unintentional I know).
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk