Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SURVEY: Dads, This Weekend, Are You Egging or Making Reservations?

Options

Comments

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    6 hours in and internal temp of the Boston Butt is 177 degrees. Going to let it ride. Another picture for @Fred19Flintstone and the rest of the forum.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Teefus said:
    lkapigian said:
    Got voted out of posting this on my company FB page 

Probably for the best. Someone would get butthurt and demand the business get boycotted until everyone was fired and the owners flung themselves into freeway traffic to atone for their sins against society.

Yeah...that’s why it’s for the best. Jesus. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Can a fur father get some love?

Got a Tri-tip that'll hit the Egg later this afternoon.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    The Buffalo needs to do some selective sniping in this thread. That crap has no place on our forum (or anywhere for that matter). 
    I agree that it has no place. However, I'd rather not have the selective sniping. Let it be known who is what.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    I am egging some ribs and firing up this bad boy too. Got it as a gift, been wanting this for almost a year. Local guy makes these, his name is GStackscustomsmokers on IG if anyone is looking for a trailer or stick burner.  
    Nice unit. I love the Raider logo as well. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Egging and imbibing, put a Costco Prime Point in this morning.

LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • SGH
    Options
    logchief said:

Awesome brother.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    DMW said:
    The Buffalo needs to do some selective sniping in this thread. That crap has no place on our forum (or anywhere for that matter). 
    I agree that it has no place. However, I'd rather not have the selective sniping. Let it be known who is what.
    Totally agree. 
  • SamIAm2
    Options
    Interesting visitor to the deck:
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options
    logchief said:

Imbibing is good!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • stevez
    stevez Posts: 123
    Options
    I'm Egging today.  Happy Fathers Day to everyone. 
    Steve

X/L BGE

Louisville, Kentucky
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    DMW said:
    Totally agree. 
    Good point. I just hate that it cropped up here in Fred’s post about moving his Mom into memory care. 
    I agree. It’s horrible and certainly sends the wrong message. How someone could think that is remotely OK to post that garbage on here, much less on a thread like this, just baffles me. Of course we are talking about someone who had to be voted out of posting this on his company facebook page so clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Nothing says "We welcome and appreciate your business" like that racist crap.  Smart move.
    Flint, Michigan
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Nothing says "We welcome and appreciate your business" like that racist crap.  Smart move.
    Looks like "Larry" is the owner.

https://www.superior-air.com/blog/

I wonder if we can post that pic to the company facebook page for him and show his customers what he's really like.

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    dmchicago said:

I wonder if we can post that pic to the company facebook page for him and show his customers what he's really like.

Several African American employees in the “about us” video. What a great guy. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I’m assuming that those individuals were a “no” vote. SMH 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options
    Getting this thread back on track and moving on...

brisket enchiladas 

Damn son!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Lot of folks oppose my libtard views, and that is cool. However, I am very pleased to see both sides unite on behalf of what is descent and deserved.
    There is no place for this. Certainly not on this topic amongst those on this thread.
    Fred, sorry, very sorry. I hope things will work out for your mother, and not only are you a wonderful father, you are a wonderful son.
    It is my most genuine offering to you for a Happy Father's Day.
    May you enjoy many more in the years to come. My respect for you has never faltered.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    A mighty yummy lunch. I did a half flat for me and the missus. It went quick. 6 hours from start to plate. Smaller pieces can work out well. 

Michiana, South of the border.
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options

dmchicago said:

Like I was saying earlier......
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • SGH
    Options
    Since we're moving my Mom from rehab to a new memory care home, I'm thinking something quick like smash burgers or perhaps take-out.
    Sorry to hear about your mom brother Fred. Y’all will be in our thoughts and prayers my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    We decided to go to IHOP for breakfast/brunch. Figured the food would be what's expected and shouldn't take long. It's been over 40 minutes since they took our order and we still don't have our food. So, if you are ever in Kona, avoid the IHOP.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    DMW said:
    We decided to go to IHOP for breakfast/brunch. Figured the food would be what's expected and shouldn't take long. It's been over 40 minutes since they took our order and we still don't have our food. So, if you are ever in Kona, avoid the IHOP.
    Maybe it is the name change they are dealing with IHOP is now IHOb. Hope this is the only hitch in your vacation.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SamIAm2
    Options
    Took the Boston Butt off when internal temperature hit 200 degrees. Didn't get a picture as I was busy getting it off the egg, into a pan, covered in foil, and placed in microwave to rest. Will post pictures after I pull the pork and add vinegar sauce or something with pineapple in it.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @DoubleEgger Looks Dayumn good even for a gringo :smiley:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL