Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Sitting at LAX.  I don't know how Delta effs up a commuter flight from LAX to Oakland, but by golly they have managed to do that.  2 hr delay, which I'm sure will stretch into 3.  
    Could be worse, could be Atlanta...
    John just stepped all in that one.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Trying to find a large stock pot for shrimp boils 'n such. Found out the hard way yesterday that an All-Clad 12qt multi-pot runs out of room real quick. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Trying to find a large stock pot for shrimp boils 'n such. Found out the hard way yesterday that an All-Clad 12qt multi-pot runs out of room real quick. 
    Academy Sports or Restaurant Depot. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • SonVolt
    edited June 2018
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    SonVolt said:

Only finding aluminum pots in the big box stores. Searching online right now for stainless... will check Restaurant Depot. Ideally would like to find a 30-60qt that's wider than it is taller. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I've got a couple 5 Gallon Stainless pots that I no longer use for brewing (too small)  They are not All-Clad but they work!  you're welcome to one or both.
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• northGAcock
    edited June 2018
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Try your local restaurant supply stores. The Internet can also be a source of this stuff as well.

• SonVolt
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Try your local restaurant supply stores. The Internet can also be a source of this stuff as well.

My favorite restaurant supply in Pulaski TN just closed up shop recently after the owner died. I need to find a new one. I can get lost in those places for hours.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,954
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Sitting at LAX.  I don't know how Delta effs up a commuter flight from LAX to Oakland, but by golly they have managed to do that.  2 hr delay, which I'm sure will stretch into 3.  
    I will never live that down, and I'm OK with that.  One of these days I'll bring my MiniMax for a cleaning at the Atlanta airport, and blow the roof right off the top of this place. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SonVolt
    edited June 2018
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I've got a couple 5 Gallon Stainless pots that I no longer use for brewing (too small)  They are not All-Clad but they work!  you're welcome to one or both.

You are too kind! Got a pic by any chance? :) 
  • The_Stache
    Options
    Message sent!

Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    @GATraveller Man, I hope it's not that bad!

As of now....3 of the 5 people in my house have at least 1 broken bone. Bad run of luck! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I will never live that down, and I'm OK with that.  One of these days I'll bring my MiniMax for a cleaning at the Atlanta airport, and blow the roof right off the top of this place. 
    Let me know when you have a layover and I'll bring the Blackstone. We'll have smash burgers! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • The_Stache
    Options

As of now....3 of the 5 people in my house have at least 1 broken bone. Bad run of luck! 
    Sorry, man!!!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

That is some bad luck.  Possible some more calcium rich dishes needed in the menu?

All the best to those recovering.

Phoenix 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    edited June 2018
    Options

We had a hot streak of A&E (your ER) attendances when the kids were younger, mostly them with a couple of DIY incidents for me thrown in. Seem to have gone a while without going now ........
  • northGAcock
    Options

Yeah....that didn't turn out to well. Hang in there to all the @GATraveller family.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,476
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    SonVolt said:
    We just had a huge asian market open about 2 miles from me, the cookware is extremely reasonably priced (with cooking pots up to as big as half a garbage can).  Can't believe we got such a treasure in white-bread utard.  :triumph:
    (and I don't recognize half the fruits and veggies they have)

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    A shipping company is driving me nuts for the second day.  Unfortunately @lousubcap it's not either the three of five letter variety.  Freight package of some medical equipment a customer bought from me.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    5 days in on a pair of darn tough socks. how long til they need washing =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    5 days...? You back at the car dealer? 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    no, but i might use this tactic next time car buying ;)
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,954
    Options
    I'm kind of surprised your teeth didn't do the trick =)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    Options
    I'm kind of surprised your teeth didn't do the trick =)
    after missing about 70 dentist visits to clean my teeth, i got 1 small pinhole cavity, darn it :o  =)
    fukahwee maine

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Introducing the boy to corn elotes.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."