Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options
    thetrim said:
    YukonRon said:
    That was fast.
    Gotta be a record for the shortest running post?
    pretty close Ron.  At least you enjoyed the show in real life.  Cool that you went if you ask me.
    Take it elsewhere. 
    Give me a break.  A totally generic comment about enjoying a show is harmless.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    blasting said:
    Just picked up a new grill I don't need.  $50 - clearly cooked on less than 10 times and stored in the garage.   

This will probably be going to my folks winter place so I don't have to cook on their gasser.

Great score!
    Love those SS Performers.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    This is the definition of Gawjus. Hope you guys have a great weekend up Thar.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I don't even make it to the yard, I just pee onto the front porch. 
    Its been a short run for you here thus far....somehow I probably could have guessed that. ;)

• northGAcock
    Options

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    You can say that again.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited June 2018
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Its been a short run for you here thus far....somehow I probably could have guessed that. ;)

Well don't keep on reading then, 'cause it sure don't make me look any better. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    SonVolt said:

Well don't keep on reading then, 'cause it sure don't make me look any better. 
    Have a good weekend brother. Love your setting and would be happy to pee on your acreage some day. B)

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    You're welcome to pee in my yard anytime. Just watch where you step in the flowerbeds... 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Lunch, brisket and gravy. The train is his smoker

Hang on, gravy on brisket? I didn't know that was a thing.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Had to go to a funeral this afternoon.  In the process found 3 Indian groceries I didn’t know existed.  

And an added bonus:   A Korean/Vietnamese has place

That looks like some good Bulgogi right there!
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Had to go to a funeral this afternoon.  In the process found 3 Indian groceries I didn’t know existed.  

Beat the living shît out of the time I tried to make it. 

I took it as a good sign that we were the only two white folks in the joint when we got there.  Wasn’t disappointed. Amy attempted to eat a bowl of pho.  She got part of the way thru. It was tasty as well. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

I took it as a good sign that we were the only two white folks in the joint when we got there.  Wasn’t disappointed. Amy attempted to eat a bowl of pho.  She got part of the way thru. It was tasty as well. 
    I think it’s actually pretty hard to make it like the authentic stuff.  We had a Korean guy live with us for a couple of years when I was growing up.  He knew what he was doing and I just remember it being a long process.  Worth it though!
  • GATraveller
    Options

I think it’s actually pretty hard to make it like the authentic stuff.  We had a Korean guy live with us for a couple of years when I was growing up.  He knew what he was doing and I just remember it being a long process.  Worth it though!
    We have so many incredible Korean BBQ joints in N. Atl that it doesn't seem worth the hassle.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

We have so many incredible Korean BBQ joints in N. Atl that it doesn't seem worth the hassle.
    Do you really?  That’s great.  We really don’t have a good one around Durham.  It’s kind of a curious omission.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options

Just one in the airport would make a huge difference.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    That was new discovery for us. It’s in Chattanooga.  That part of town seems to be getting a lot of Indian/Asian places.  There’s a Thai place in the same center. It’s good too.  
  • GATraveller
    Options

Do you really?  That’s great.  We really don’t have a good one around Durham.  It’s kind of a curious omission.
    The county I live in (Gwinnett) has the largest Korean population in the SE and maybe top 10 in the nation.  Let me know when you're in town and I'll treat you to one.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Using the pizza dough mixer.

Then sauce.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

The county I live in (Gwinnett) has the largest Korean population in the SE and maybe top 10 in the nation.  Let me know when you're in town and I'll treat you to one.

Well alright alright alright!
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    That's a nice looking plate John! Dang 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    @GATraveller, I also live in Gwinnett.  Would you mind naming a few places?
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,342
    Options
    Rib prep 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Watching White Men Can't Jump,  waiting on SWMBO to come back from her parents so we're can go get some dinner.
    Las Vegas, NV

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Watching White Men Can't Jump,  waiting on SWMBO to come back from her parents so we're can go get some dinner.
    You’re momma so fat, she break her leg and gravy pour out!