Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Few things in life bring me as much joy as peeing outside. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited June 2018
    Options
    You ever taken a dump in your flower bed? It's damn near euphoric.  
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SSQUAL612 said:

That black car at the top of the lot is mine....and me.

Is that an Audi?
    @ssqual612 Cayman S
    Options
    stretching in prep for an Army v Navy Golf tournament tomorrow.  Go Army Beat Navy!  
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,352
    Options
    thetrim said:
    HOA mandates we use Pine Bark Mulch in the front beds.  
    So glad I don't have to deal with that anymore. Had a house in a neighborhood, wanted to put up a mini-barn in my fenced in backyard. HOA mandated that it be 60' from the property line and bricked to match the facade of the home. 

Finally sold the place..Got rid of the 125/month HOA fee and the 4k property taxes...

F'em :)
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    thetrim said:
    HOA mandates we use Pine Bark Mulch in the front beds.  
    What a shame. Pine bark is being harvested off pine trees, that has succumbed to the pine bark beetle, that is spreading to virtually all pine trees across the nation.

Be careful make sure there is no larva in the mulch you spread, chances are relatively slim that any should remain, but there have been complaints across the country of accelerated destruction, and a few of the instances were traced back to a pine bark mulch spreading origin. Pine also will effect the ph levels of your soil making it more acidic over time.

The other big problem when selecting a mulch to use, is specifically, with hardwood mulch; termites. Watch out if you lay that stuff out.

I would ask the HOA if they will cover the cost of soil nuetralization as well as covering the cost for removal of dead pine trees and the replacement thereof. Also, with pine mulch, it does not stay in place very long and is easily washed away in heavy rains.

It does look good and has a curbside appeal though.
    just cut down 27 pitch pines destroyed by pine bark beetles on the property. what a nightmare. conservation said not to cut them down, forest department said cut them down and burn them on the property. they are down, fire department showed up when we made a small burn pile, firemarshall defined what a burn pile size is,
    3 foot x 3foot x 3 foot high.....so basically the pine beatles are going to spread
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • thetrim
    Options
    @fishlessman BURN THAT PLACE DOWN!!!  Tell Fire Marshall Bill to GTFO!!!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Make a bonfire that would make the TAMU Aggies blush
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Finally somewhat mobile with crutches today. 

Watching the kiddo make paletas. How she managed to get a bow on with that hat is a Southern Girl Secret I guess. 

You have beautiful children. Thank your lucky stars they look like their mother.
    Great image right there.
    Hope your AH gets better soon. I absolutely hate that for you Adam. If you think of anything I can do, should you need help, let me know.
    I am old, fat slow and lazy, but not dead yet. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Finally somewhat mobile with crutches today. 

Watching the kiddo make paletas. How she managed to get a bow on with that hat is a Southern Girl Secret I guess. 

You have beautiful children. Thank your lucky stars they look like their mother.
    Great image right there.
    Hope your AH gets better soon. I absolutely hate that for you Adam. If you think of anything I can do, should you need help, let me know.
    I am old, fat slow and lazy, but not dead yet. 
    Dare I ask what AH is?  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    thetrim said:
    @fishlessman BURN THAT PLACE DOWN!!!  Tell Fire Marshall Bill to GTFO!!!
    its a viscous cycle. tried to get a permit thru the town who wouldnt give it til conservation would approve it, conservation wouldnt approve til a licensed Forrester approved it. 8 months later i found one that approved and told me to forget about permits and the town couldnt stop me. fire marshall was good enough to give me a fire permit good til december.  this was an 8 month process. im looking at making an enclosed wood stove out of a 250 gallon oil tank.  now i would have had the trees all burned before the summer season(ocean front beach property) now its going to be smoking when everyones out and about instead of inside with the windows closed
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Dare I ask what AH is?  
    @GATraveller my AH has been killing me. Really took a beating the past few weeks. But it’s mostly just swollen with some micro tearing. 

Better than @thetrim. He tore his AH. Apparently while he was taking it to the hole. It was a hole thing. I think it really messed with his social life. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I don’t know why @YukonRon abbreviated Achilles with AH... =). But thanks Ron. I’m just gonna lay on the couch, drink some bourbon, maybe get up here in a little while and sit in my rocking chair and watch my wife mow the yard.  B)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited June 2018
    Options
    we talking about assshole or achilles? I'm confused.  Tearing either doesn't sound like a lot of fun. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,194
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I don’t know why @YukonRon abbreviated Achilles with AH... =).
    Because that’s what the hip old crippleds do. 
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    SSQUAL612 said:

That black car at the top of the lot is mine....and me.

Is that an Audi?
    @ssqual612 Cayman S
    GAWD I hope not with those hideous wheels!!! 
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited June 2018
    Options
     I’m just gonna lay on the couch, drink some bourbon, maybe get up here in a little while and sit in my rocking chair and watch my wife mow the yard. 
    @Killit_and_Grillit
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • thetrim
    edited June 2018
    Options
    My Achilles rupture was done while embracing my inner hoops God on March 29,  2018. I didn’t see a Dr until Apr 24 and she cut me on Apr 28.  I hated that the surgery happened, but I embraced why it happened.  LeBron ain’t got nothing on me. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
    edited June 2018
    Options
    thetrim said:
    My Achilles rupture was done while embracing my inner hoops God on March 29,  2018. I didn’t see a Dr until Apr 24 and she cut me on Apr 28.  I hated that the surgery happened, but I embraced why it happened.  LeBron ain’t got nothing on me. 
    That's a much better story than "I was standing on the top rung of a ladder and got tripped up on the extension cord plugged into the chainsaw on stick." (I'm so dumb)

South of Nashville, TN

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    Got my next training assignment on the streets, swing shift in not the best area of Vegas. Should be good time. I will get Saturday, Sunday and Monday off. So I got that going for me, which is nice.
    Las Vegas, NV

• ColtsFan
    Options
    Spam sandwich with dizzy pig pineapple head

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Hey metal heads.....come see us....
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Of those, Shinedown is good, but I doubt I ever see them in concert. The rest, eh. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Ice Cube in that lineup is interesting. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    edited June 2018
    Options
     Porterhouse on the Mimimax at 350 direct. Instant pot potatoes and Microwave green beans. Finished steaks before the storms rolled in, again.

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • ColtsFan
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Asking myself if some of the new members are real or troll accounts while drinking too much for a weekday 
    Definitely troll accounts 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,413
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @Battleborn -learn and stay safe out there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.