Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Botch said:
    When your calves' in the sea,
    And an Eel bites your knee...

....That's a Moray!  
    @Botch you are on fiya tonight!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,196
    Options
    Legume said:
    Stock tip:  Pinkberry upgraded to strong buy
    Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steel 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,985
    Options
    KD is just nasty. 
    I concur.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2018
    Options
    KD is just nasty. 
    The 3 just now.  Lights out.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Finally got an SD card for my drone camera.  Took these after work today.
    Options
    This is a bit boring, but some video footage from the drone.

Options
    Options
    Options
    Had to drive back and forth across the peninsula tonight.  Eight hours driving in ten hours.  Ouch.   Only pulled over once.   No ticket!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Diana Krall at the Palace last night (after making a pasta and brisket dish. Has to be the best meal I have ever cooked).The show was one of the best I have seen at the palace.
    Her band was incredible, and if they roll through your area, it will be worth the price of a ticket to go see. Her brand of Jazz, with a virtuoso playing each instrument, was over the top. The addition of a violin/fiddle to her ensemble was pure genius. Catch it if you can.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Diana Krall at the Palace last night (after making a pasta and brisket dish. Has to be the best meal I have ever cooked).The show was one of the best I have seen at the palace.
    Her band was incredible, and if they roll through your area, it will be worth the price of a ticket to go see. Her brand of Jazz, with a virtuoso playing each instrument, was over the top. The addition of a violin/fiddle to her ensemble was pure genius. Catch it if you can.
    Agreed. She’s incredible. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Perfect height for sitting on my utility seat. Most of the tomatoes came from seed so i can thin them out as they grow if they all make it. I dont mulch, more likely to introduce mold or insects. 

That fungus under the mulch is a good thing! Seriously. It speeds up decomposition of the mulch itself which improves the soil quality over time. Mulch also prevents soil from splashing up onto the plants when it rains which helps prevent soil-borne diseases.  I've got a Ph.D. in Genomics & Horticultural Science from the University of Auburn. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • SonVolt
    Options
    I just made that last part up. Everything else I said is true though. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • YukonRon
    edited June 2018
    Options
    We use 100% cypress mulch. It stays in place, adds nutrients, is a natural weed, insect and reptile repellant. It weathers nicely, does not enhance growth of mold and is chemically neutral.
    The down side of cypress mulch is by cutting these trees down, it is a major threat to the ecosystem, as is all species directed harvesting, of any tree.
    But, if you are eco friendly in your yard, cypress offers the best performance for your mulching/gardening dollar.
    Be sure, should you choose to use cypress, to get 100% cypress, and not cypress blends. Big difference. You may as well get the dyed mulch of the same color. You lose all the advantages cypress mulch brings.
    Rockwood cypress mulch is the best (that is a joke =)).

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SonVolt
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I use plane ol' pine bark mulch. My tomatoes are rockin' this year. 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    HOA mandates we use Pine Bark Mulch in the front beds.  
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRon
    Options
    thetrim said:
    HOA mandates we use Pine Bark Mulch in the front beds.  
    What a shame. Pine bark is being harvested off pine trees, that has succumbed to the pine bark beetle, that is spreading to virtually all pine trees across the nation.

Be careful make sure there is no larva in the mulch you spread, chances are relatively slim that any should remain, but there have been complaints across the country of accelerated destruction, and a few of the instances were traced back to a pine bark mulch spreading origin. Pine also will effect the ph levels of your soil making it more acidic over time.

The other big problem when selecting a mulch to use, is specifically, with hardwood mulch; termites. Watch out if you lay that stuff out.

I would ask the HOA if they will cover the cost of soil nuetralization as well as covering the cost for removal of dead pine trees and the replacement thereof. Also, with pine mulch, it does not stay in place very long and is easily washed away in heavy rains.

It does look good and has a curbside appeal though.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I use plane ol' pine bark mulch. My tomatoes are rockin' this year. 

If you really want your maters to rock, lay down sheets of red perforated poly under your plants. The reflected light adds to the growth of the fruit. I did that when I planted them a few years back. That, water and 10-10-10, sparingly every 2-3 weeks makes a bumper crop off of just a couple of plants.

Raising some purples and some big boys this year.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I am neck deep in engineering schematics for a hotel working on a mechanical bid. Fun times 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    I pondering the question, isn’t one supposed to prevent the other?

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options

That black car at the top of the lot is mine....and me.

Is that an Audi?
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Just got my unsolicited Social Security retirement notification in the mail, to prepare me for retirement, the day after my last visit to the doctor for some evaluations and tests.

Wonder if they are trying to tell me not to buy any green bananas in the future?

Who knows?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Just got my unsolicited Social Security retirement notification in the mail, to prepare me for retirement, the day after my last visit to the doctor for some evaluations and tests.

Wonder if they are trying to tell me not to buy any green bananas in the future?

Who knows?
    Just letting you know that you will have plenty of money to install that outdoor urinal just off the kitchen and aesthetically appeasing in Suzy's landscaping.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Who knows?
    Just letting you know that you will have plenty of money to install that outdoor urinal just off the kitchen and aesthetically appeasing in Suzy's landscaping.
    That will be a total lifetime limiting event. I would never survive the wrath of My Beautiful Wife. My chance to retire would not be met.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Who knows?
    I have a urinal that meets that location description. I call it my side yard.  
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SonVolt
    Options
    I don't even make it to the yard, I just pee onto the front porch.