Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Purchases that last a lifetime

Options

Comments

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    Toyotas, Remington 1100 (40 yrs old and still looks/shoots like new). Le Creuset, Nikon.  Kitchen aid mixer.  Older Stihl chainsaws. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 559
    Options
    We bought an old Norge freezer, from a guy who was moving to a nursing home (must have been 20 years old when we bought it) Paid $25 for it, brought it home put it in the garage and plugged it in 15 years ago. We defrost it now and then. They don't make them like they used to!

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    Toyotas, Remington 1100 (40 yrs old and still looks/shoots like new). Le Creuset, Nikon.  Kitchen aid mixer.  Older Stihl chainsaws. 
    Old Remingtons might be good purchases but their new stuff is total trash. Definitely not a lifetime quality product unless it sits in the safe untouched. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2018
    Options
    My Metrinch set I got as a teen has paid for itself many times over, as it has gotten me out of many jams.

Wahl Designer clipper set with Peanut cuts my, and my boy's hair.  Same league as the Metrinch set.

The Ringers are a great tool for cleaning CI, gave several out as gifts as part of the CI I refurb and give away.  Keep a couple new on hand for this.  And use two, one home, one camp tote.

Walnut end grain board by Rick Odea, Billybob Campfire Grill, Mangrates, Vitamix, LeCreuset, old and new CI, (Lodge DOs are hard to beat), Lodge carbon steel, Hartstone pottery loaf, muffin pans, Pampered chef cloche, bundt pans, BGE pizza stones, Baking Steel, Shun knives, pocket knives, Benchmade pocket knives, Buck 110s, XD pistols, Winchester Defender pump, RRA AR,  Pfleuger Presidents, PowerBlock dumbbells, Seca physician's scale, Hobart slicer, Central Coast Woodworks oak and walnut tortilla press, molcajete, Edge Pro Apex, vintage Pyrex, A-Maz-N cold smoker, vintage Flint Ekco spatulas

My 94 Chevy will outlast the Tacoma.  Tacoma is rusting away.  I'm pretty sure it wouldn't pass a frame inspection.  I don't want to start pounding. The 22RE will remain long after the frame and body are gone.  I could see my shortbed being life long, as I love that truck.  Almost want to get another, and lower it.       
    https://youtu.be/S-RFiS5U2nk
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Jeremiah said:

Jason, just so you know, that picture is a lawn mower. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Jeremiah said:

Jason, just so you know, that picture is a lawn mower. 
    Where’s all the grass then?
  • MattBTI
    MattBTI Posts: 417
    Options
    Anything made by Pelican. I have three of their coolers and a small case for gear
    Pratt, KS
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Jeremiah said:

My house. 

Can’t say. I’ve never been invited to dalton. 
    You’re not missing anything man.  It’s a house full of bitters.
    And ants. 
    Old joke from my Catholic school days. Nuns with boobs, priests with balls and these G-D ants.
  • MattBTI
    MattBTI Posts: 417
    Options
    Liberty Gun Safe, really anything with a no BS lifetime warranty are things I gravitate to.
    Pratt, KS
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    MattBTI said:
    Liberty Gun Safe, really anything with a no BS lifetime warranty are things I gravitate to.

good one. I have one of these as well.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Ball canning jars.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    blasting said:

My never ending roll of pink butcher paper.  Doubt I'll ever need to buy more.

A roll of butcher paper is a multigenerational purchase. 
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    edited May 2018
    Options
    This is not a cool
    answer.. but...

i took a lucrative work shift off to help the 12 year old girl here with her science project. A really cool idea about what color light helps plants grow the best. It’s an investment I’ll consider one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. 

Not really a “purchase,” I guess.
    I can’t wait for the next opportunity. ...
    Great answer...so what color light was it that helps plants grow best? 
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• MrA46221
    MrA46221 Posts: 95
    Options
    Have a Martin 12 string, and a 38 year old handmade cedar top, Brazilian rosewood back and sides classic guitar. Keep getting better every year. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Thigh Master
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    Ball canning jars.
    why would you want to can your balls?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    A $20 hooker.
    And a wicked case of herpes?
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    My wife's grandmother still has her international harvester freezer she got as a wedding gift.  It's at least 70 years old and still rocking.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• SkySaw
    SkySaw Posts: 656
    Options
    Surprised that there is not more mention of American made shoes here. I have a pair of Allen Edmonds shoes that are 30 years old, and look better than when I bought them. A high quality pair of shoes can have the soles and heels replaced when they wear out, and the leather uppers become more comfortable and better looking over time, provided that you polish them up a couple of times a year. 

A pair of shoes from Alden, Red Wing, or Allen Edmonds, just to name a few American manufacturers is truly a lifetime purchase.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    There are no shoes made, anywhere, that last more than 5 years if I'm wearing them daily.
    Options
    The piece of paper my college gave me, not that it's really worth anything.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Kcheves
    Kcheves Posts: 92
    Options

HP RPN Calculators

Omega Watches

+1 on Nikkor lenses

"Semper ubi sub ubi"

San Diego, CA

• evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options

My Subaru Forrester, 2003 with 174K and still going strong. Love that car, should be able to take her past 200K. When she dies I am getting another. Hope I didn't jinx her with this comment!

My Kitchen Aid mixer, which is a work horse. My Henkle knives -over 25 years old and still good as ever. Bought them when I had very little money, and they were not cheap so I second guessed myself a lot ....but not sorry now.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    Options
    Saddleback Leather Briefcases - bought this one: https://www.saddlebackleather.com/leather-briefcase?custcol2=4&custcol3=3&custcol15=1

Over 11 Years ago and it's still going strong. Lifetime warranty - but be warned, like the Egg the initial purchase is nothing compared to what you'll spend down the road. 
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • buy14u
    buy14u Posts: 1
    Options
    BGE-Subaru Forester-Gibson Les Paul-Dr. Z Carmen Ghia amp
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    About 10 years ago I made the mistake of letting each of my kids (2) pick out a cat at the animal shelter.  My youngest went away to college 3 years ago...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    pretty sure my black tasseled  italian dress shoes last forever, the box they came in too =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it