Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-WILLIAMS SONOMA 15% OFF ROCCBOX

If you sign up for emails from Williams Sonoma, they will send you an introductory email giving you 15% off your first purchase with some exclusions. In the exclusions, Roccbox is not specifically excluded from the 15% off promotion.  I spent an hour on the phone in which they told me that Roccbox was never part of the promotion and never will be part of the promotion.  I asked specifically where it is excluded and that is all they would say.  I then took to the email route and after 3-4 emails back and forth, i received the following:

Thank you for contacting Williams Sonoma.

I do see that you should receive the 15% off with the promotion code. 

Please try to place your order with the promotion code. If it does not work then,  please place your order without the promotion and respond to this email with the order number. We would be happy to issue a credit for any merchandise that qualifies for this promotion. I hope you find this information to be helpful. 

Thank you again, and please feel free to contact us with any other questions. Thank you for being a valued Williams Sonoma customer. Have a wonderful day. 

The code did not work so i placed the order and forwarded the order # with the above email.  It was on back order but it shipped this weekend and I received this email:

Thank you for contacting Williams Sonoma.

I have issued a credit in the amount of $89.99 to your credit card on file, representing the 15% discount on the Roccbox Pizza Oven. You will see the credit appear within approximately 3 to 5 business days, depending on your bank's time frame for processing changes.

Thank you again, and please feel free to contact us with any other questions.

It also included free delivery.  so if anyone is on the fence, I would act now before they close this loophole.

South Buffalo, New York

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Glad you were able to made the discount work for you.
    I have tried a few times in the past with the 15 and 20 percent email coupons.
    They never work online. I called once and was told it was excluded because it was considered, in the fine print, as an outdoor grill.
    I did not push the issue. 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Nice job, Moose! 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • BUFFALOMOOSE
    BUFFALOMOOSE Posts: 371
    Thanks @thetrim
    South Buffalo, New York
  • kdink
    kdink Posts: 336
    I ordered over the phone claiming the code wasn't working, lady placed the order for me and included the code.  No hassle
    2 Xl's, MM and Forno Bello
    Pizza Oven in Bergen County, NJ
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    edited May 2018
    Well crap. I tried this with a 20% off and the told me the Roccbox fell under the "oven" disclaimer. This was a couple months ago 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Photo Egg
    ColtsFan said:
    Well crap. I tried this with a 20% off and the told me the Roccbox fell under the "oven" disclaimer. This was a couple months ago 
    Like a BGE warranty claim, depends on your dealer.
    Fortunately I have a great BGE dealer but got a bad WS rep when I called.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Bump
    Why?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Just bought one with the 20% off discount posted today. Same issue, code didn't work online. Called customer service and explained that the Roccbox is neither a stove or grill(the only "related" exclusions) and they are going to credit me back the 20% off as a credit card return. Free shipping too.

If anyone else wants a little bit more oomph to their argument, I  noticed this too:

Those are just examples, but all other pizza ovens offer the code. Makes no sense why the Roccbox is not.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Only if @JohnInCarolina was a local. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Photo Egg
    Just bought one with the 20% off discount posted today. Same issue, code didn't work online. Called customer service and explained that the Roccbox is neither a stove or grill(the only "related" exclusions) and they are going to credit me back the 20% off as a credit card return. Free shipping too.

If anyone else wants a little bit more oomph to their argument, I  noticed this too:

Those are just examples, but all other pizza ovens offer the code. Makes no sense why the Roccbox is not.
    You could have bumped using this post.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    @Photo Egg I was using two different browsers to find the pics and my chrome was acting wonky, so I found bumped it in one to make sure I didn't lose the thread, requiring me to search again.It just made things easier since I was using my phone.
  • Stoogie
    Stoogie Posts: 173
    I got 20% off my Roccbox back in January using the same method as @BUFFALOMOOSE and @Eggcelsior posted.  They wouldn't credit me the 20% difference until it was delivered and I had to call back with the coupon code I was trying to initially use (which had since expired).  As soon as I explained it to the rep she took the coupon code number and credited it back to me.

Now if I could just get better at making pizza dough!!
    Large BGE

Neenah, WI
  • chuckytheegghead
    chuckytheegghead Posts: 1,201
    Thanks for the heads up. How’s everyone liking their Roccbox so far?
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,871
    Stoogie said:
    I got 20% off my Roccbox back in January using the same method as @BUFFALOMOOSE and @Eggcelsior posted.  They wouldn't credit me the 20% difference until it was delivered and I had to call back with the coupon code I was trying to initially use (which had since expired).  As soon as I explained it to the rep she took the coupon code number and credited it back to me.

Buy Ken Forkish’s Pizza book if you haven’t already.  The recipes and procedures in that book alone will up your pizza game considerably.  I also suggest lowering the hydration to around 62.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Just bought one with the 20% off discount posted today. Same issue, code didn't work online. Called customer service and explained that the Roccbox is neither a stove or grill(the only "related" exclusions) and they are going to credit me back the 20% off as a credit card return. Free shipping too.

Welcome to the dark side. Love mine. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnInCarolina
    It’s a beast.  Really haven’t cooked much besides pizza and flatbread on it yet.  Need to try some steaks.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    It’s a beast.  Really haven’t cooked much besides pizza and flatbread on it yet.  Need to try some steaks.
    Get the thin ones.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Legume said:
    Get the thin ones.
    You think a couple minutes a side at nine hundred degrees will do it?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    yes. 1/2 thick, cook at 600F for 3 min a side.   you are welcome
    Love it.  Mainly for za, i think i am up to 71 or so pizzas by now,   i did make oysters rockefeller on the rb in ice cream maker rock salt and they were insanely good....

Up next, broiled T bone steaks....
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    I'll get a ROCCBOX if/when they release a model that'll allow for >11" pizza. It's just slightly too small for my needs right now. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • JohnInCarolina
    SonVolt said:
    I'll get a ROCCBOX if/when they release a model that'll allow for >11" pizza. It's just slightly too small for my needs right now. 
    I would just buy a Uuni Pro if bigger pies are a requirement for you.  Personally I typically end up making more than one anyway so it’s not that big of a deal, especially when they take all of 90 seconds to cook.
  • SonVolt
    edited May 2018
    I've looked at those too... I just like the build quality of the Roccbox so was holding out to see if they'd upsize it. Then the little voice inside my head starts telling me to hold off and save up for a full size monster.  Not anytime soon.... but one day... maybe... probably not, but maybe. 

http://fornoclassico.com/residential-napoli-famiglia-pizza-oven-forno-classico/
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • JohnInCarolina
    SonVolt said:
    I've looked at those too... I just like the build quality of the Roccbox so was holding out to see if they'd upsize it. Then the little voice inside my head starts telling me to hold off and save up for a full size monster.  Not anytime soon.... but one day... maybe... probably not, but maybe. 

http://fornoclassico.com/residential-napoli-famiglia-pizza-oven-forno-classico/
    Those are beautiful ovens.  Probably one down the road for me, once I perfect my pizza game.

The other thing that’s nice about the RB is that it’s actually portable.  It’s fairly heavy though, and I think if they made it much bigger they’d lose some of that.  
  • SonVolt
    That's true.  So have you been happy with yours? Did you get the propane attachment? 
  • JohnInCarolina
    SonVolt said:
    That's true.  So have you been happy with yours? Did you get the propane attachment? 
    Yes, and it comes with attachments for both gas and wood.  I’ve only used gas so far.  I don’t see the point in using the wood, aside from the novelty.  The pies cook too fast to pick up much of any smoke.
  • 1WVU
    1WVU Posts: 160
    Stoogie said:

Buy Ken Forkish’s Pizza book if you haven’t already.  The recipes and procedures in that book alone will up your pizza game considerably.  I also suggest lowering the hydration to around 62.
    Are you referring to “the elements of pizza” or “flour, water, salt, yeast”?  I need to step up my dough game
    Roanoke, VA
    Large BGE Owner
  • JohnInCarolina
    1WVU said:
    Stoogie said:

Are you referring to “the elements of pizza” or “flour, water, salt, yeast”?  I need to step up my dough game
    The former.  If you’re into making pizza dough, you want his Elements of Pizza book.  If you’re into making bread dough, you want the FWSY book.  

There are pizza dough recipes in the FWSY book, but the approach is refined in the Elememts of Pizza book.  There are also many more Pizza dough recipes in it.
  • 1WVU
    1WVU Posts: 160
    Roanoke, VA
    Large BGE Owner