Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-WILLIAMS SONOMA 15% OFF ROCCBOX

Options
2»

Comments

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    edited June 2018
    Options
    People prefer the roccbox over that uuini oven? Seems a dramaticnprice diff...

im getting it for a retirement present for my dad. 

Theyre motor homing across the us from N.C. to Alaska. Wow. 

Want something versatile, portable, and awesome. 

Thanks. :)

edit - way better than the blackstone P.O.?
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• 1WVU
    1WVU Posts: 160
    Options
    1WVU said:
    Stoogie said:
    I got 20% off my Roccbox back in January using the same method as @BUFFALOMOOSE and @Eggcelsior posted.  They wouldn't credit me the 20% difference until it was delivered and I had to call back with the coupon code I was trying to initially use (which had since expired).  As soon as I explained it to the rep she took the coupon code number and credited it back to me.

Now if I could just get better at making pizza dough!!
    Buy Ken Forkish’s Pizza book if you haven’t already.  The recipes and procedures in that book alone will up your pizza game considerably.  I also suggest lowering the hydration to around 62.
    Are you referring to “the elements of pizza” or “flour, water, salt, yeast”?  I need to step up my dough game
    The former.  If you’re into making pizza dough, you want his Elements of Pizza book.  If you’re into making bread dough, you want the FWSY book.  

There are pizza dough recipes in the FWSY book, but the approach is refined in the Elememts of Pizza book.  There are also many more Pizza dough recipes in it.
    @JohnInCarolina Made my first pizzas after reading the book. Dough was probably the best I’ve made.  I used the “Enzo’s dough recipe” and adjusted hydration to 65%. So easy to work with and best taste I’ve had with my dough.  Thanks again for the recommendation!
    Roanoke, VA
    Large BGE Owner
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    edited June 2018
    Options
    1WVU said:
    1WVU said:
    Stoogie said:
    I got 20% off my Roccbox back in January using the same method as @BUFFALOMOOSE and @Eggcelsior posted.  They wouldn't credit me the 20% difference until it was delivered and I had to call back with the coupon code I was trying to initially use (which had since expired).  As soon as I explained it to the rep she took the coupon code number and credited it back to me.

Now if I could just get better at making pizza dough!!
    Buy Ken Forkish’s Pizza book if you haven’t already.  The recipes and procedures in that book alone will up your pizza game considerably.  I also suggest lowering the hydration to around 62.
    Are you referring to “the elements of pizza” or “flour, water, salt, yeast”?  I need to step up my dough game
    The former.  If you’re into making pizza dough, you want his Elements of Pizza book.  If you’re into making bread dough, you want the FWSY book.  

There are pizza dough recipes in the FWSY book, but the approach is refined in the Elememts of Pizza book.  There are also many more Pizza dough recipes in it.
    @JohnInCarolina Made my first pizzas after reading the book. Dough was probably the best I’ve made.  I used the “Enzo’s dough recipe” and adjusted hydration to 65%. So easy to work with and best taste I’ve had with my dough.  Thanks again for the recommendation!
    That’s the recipe that Cen-Tex’s better half swears by. It’s great.  I usually lower the hydration to 62%, but other than that, it’s a winner.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options

yes. 1/2 thick, cook at 600F for 3 min a side.   you are welcome
    Go a little longer.  4:30 per side.  That'll give it a more uniform edge to edge brownish/grayish. That's what you're going for in a perfect 1/2" steak.

Add ketchup to really take it "off the chaaaaaaaaaain"
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I've looked at those too... I just like the build quality of the Roccbox so was holding out to see if they'd upsize it. Then the little voice inside my head starts telling me to hold off and save up for a full size monster.  Not anytime soon.... but one day... maybe... probably not, but maybe. 

http://fornoclassico.com/residential-napoli-famiglia-pizza-oven-forno-classico/
    Those are beautiful ovens.  Probably one down the road for me, once I perfect my pizza game.

The other thing that’s nice about the RB is that it’s actually portable.  It’s fairly heavy though, and I think if they made it much bigger they’d lose some of that.  
    It is just about portable, any bigger size wise would be awkward even without the weight increase.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    That's true.  So have you been happy with yours? Did you get the propane attachment? 
    Just buy one, it cranks out pizza fast enough to keep up with quite a few hungry mouths.

I'd love a massive wood fired pizza / bread oven as well, but like my wish for an Aston Martin, it will take a while before I get there. Roccbox will do for now.