Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    DMW said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Let’s back up to where Amy is watching baseball by herself...
    It's the only sport she really likes, and it's mostly on for background noise as she peruses face palm. 
    Still jealous. Bianca almost immediately gets up and goes to another room when I turn on baseball. 
    I'm watching baseball in my basement bar by myself. My wife is watching some movie or show or something that I think is in French with English subtitles in the family room. I'm OK with this.
    I was considering going to the garage, but the temp is a tweener and all my firewood is wet from the past couple of days. 
    You need a basement bar. Can't cook down here without going outside, but aside from that...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Just got home from batting practice. Wife has the braves/Phillies on. 

Me:  looks fuzzy you watching the HD feed?

Her: I don't know

Me: maybe it's raining. Oh yeah, it's supposed to be a crappy weekend in Philly. 

Her: how do you know that?

me: same way I know everything...

her: oh, the forum. 

Lol
    You hitting any better?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Drinking and pissing the wife off. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Time to switch to college ball. Texas tech v TCU
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Threw a butt on for good friends. Just because... Not even going to taste this one. When it is done tomorrrow, I will pull and  vac pack for them.   Well, maybe I will have a little to make sure it is safe....

Also reading this thread. Read @DMW post about the weather and I used my weather app (looked up) because he is not far from me, and saw:

Hopefully Mine is more accurate than his.  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Me: maybe it's raining. Oh yeah, it's supposed to be a crappy weekend in Philly. 

Lol
    You hitting any better?
    We shall see tomorrow.  Any medical advice on how to add swagger and cockiness to a bunch of  11 year olds?
  • DMW
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Threw a butt on for good friends. Just because... Not even going to taste this one. When it is done tomorrrow, I will pull and  vac pack for them.   Well, maybe I will have a little to make sure it is safe....

Also reading this thread. Read @DMW post about the weather and I used my weather app (looked up) because he is not far from me, and saw:

Hopefully Mine is more accurate than his.  
    Nice looking butt you have there. Looks like weather will be somewhat decent until tomorrow afternoon/evening. However, the likelihood of rain seems to be decreasing:

I hope that is the case, which means I need to figure out what I'm going to cook tomorrow instead of going out.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Lol
    You hitting any better?
    We shall see tomorrow.  Any medical advice on how to add swagger and cockiness to a bunch of  11 year olds?
    A shut out will do that. Hope your team does well.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Lol
    You hitting any better?
    Let ‘em play 8 year olds.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:

Lol
    You hitting any better?
    If they only played like they practiced...
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Lol
    You hitting any better?
    Keep your eye on the ball. You look like Babe Ruth when he was 11...  it’s psychological, not medical. Good luck bro. 
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    Cashfan said:
    Doing some prep work for a final presentation for class. After tonight I will have a pair of bachelor's degrees that have taken 10yrs to complete. 

Tomorrow morning first thing, headed to a hiking/camping trip for the weekend.

Next week, job applications.
    Congrats on seeing it through! Good luck with the job search.
    YukonRon said:
    Cashfan said:
    Doing some prep work for a final presentation for class. After tonight I will have a pair of bachelor's degrees that have taken 10yrs to complete. 

Wish they had a "Too Cool for Sunday School" button.
    Way to go my friend. Well worth the wait.
    Thanks Guys! Its a good feeling to be done (mostly). I'll have to take some more if I go for a CPA, but shouldn't be at the stress level some of these were.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    I believe that pearl of wisdom from Caddyshack, " Be the ball" may have a chance here.  Confidence for the win...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I believe that pearl of wisdom from Caddyshack, " Be the ball" may have a chance here.  Confidence for the win...
    Also from Caddyshack. Gonnga un goonga. So you got that going for you. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,117
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Lol
    You hitting any better?
    Tequila.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Lol
    You hitting any better?
    Tequila.
    The mommas are pretty laid back, but not sure this would fly. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Lol
    You hitting any better?
    Tequila.
    If they win, the judge might throw out the child abuse charges 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:

Lol
    You hitting any better?
    Did you get my text?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,117
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:

Lol
    You hitting any better?
    Tequila.
    If they win, the judge might throw out the child abuse charges 
    I guess they are only 11.  Boones Farm or Mad Dog 20/20 should be fine.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Acn said:
    Just talked the wife into getting a Caja China, so I got that going for me, which is nice.
    Gunga Galunga

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Jeremiah said:
    It's the only sport she really likes, and it's mostly on for background noise as she peruses face palm. 
    Still jealous. Bianca almost immediately gets up and goes to another room when I turn on baseball. 
    The Big Lebowski has that effect on mine. With out fail!  =)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    SSBN-731
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @thetrim - can't get enough "Roll Tide??"  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    gmac said:
    lousubcap said:
    Also from Caddyshack. Gonnga un goonga. So you got that going for you. 
    There's a lot of wisdom in that movie.

And if they don't win, then you go with Animal House.  "You f'd up.  You trusted us."

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Possumtrot
    Possumtrot Posts: 245
    Options
    Cashfan said:
    Cashfan said:

Congrats on seeing it through! Good luck with the job search.
    YukonRon said:
    Cashfan said:

Wish they had a "Too Cool for Sunday School" button.
    Way to go my friend. Well worth the wait.
    Thanks Guys! Its a good feeling to be done (mostly). I'll have to take some more if I go for a CPA, but shouldn't be at the stress level some of these were.
    Trust me on this:
    Started college in civil engineering, joined Air force after two years because I was tired of studying.  Got put in electronics - studied entire time in service.  Went back to college - majored in accounting cause it seemed easy to make A's without studying too hard.  Graduated and became CPA - studied all the time- new pronouncements coming out all the time and computers and systems always changing.
    Now retired, but studying and experimenting on cooking cause of this forum but at least it's on my own preferences.
    Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Same at my house

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Same at my house
    If I’m not home, my wife txts me updates on the Giants games.
  • DMW
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Same at my house
    Why is Bianca at your house?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Same at my house
    #imwithher
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,347
    Options
    Getting ready to take SWMBO to Wicked in Indianapolis. Gotta keep those brownie points up! I'm a lot to handle  =)=)
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!