Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,354
    Options
    Looking at the new nest for the mini

That new MiniMax stand is a good idea.

Not that I really care, I'm just curious, is all BGE stuff made in Mexico or is it just the ceramics?

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,849
    Options
    Chuckling at the thought of @Killit_and_Grillit having stinky crawfish in his Expedition from the Butt Blast thread.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Chuckling at the thought of @Killit_and_Grillit having stinky crawfish in his Expedition from the Butt Blast thread.
    That won’t be gone in a day.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,414
    Options
    A great scent to remove foul odors.  Get some vanilla extract and pour into a small, wide, open-topped container.  Let sit in the car (not in the sun) overnight at a minimum.  At least it has worked on removing the smell from a kid who lost it all over the dash and center console.   Not sure how that compares with dry-aged crawfish...  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    I’m glad my daughter has aged out of these, but for those of you who haven’t...
    https://deadspin.com/tag/why-your-childrens-television-program-sucks

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    blasting said:

I went to say goodbye to some friends moving back to Canada.  They sent me home with a full Suburban of stuff.  In the boxes were 23 bottles of booze.  Guess I'd better get drinking...

April score of the month right there!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

It’s nice to see (buy it) them make some serious (buy it) investment into more achochiments. If you don’t mind me axcin....what did it Retail for? I don’t (buy it) have a mini, but want one. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • HeavyG
    Options

It’s nice to see (buy it) them make some serious (buy it) investment into more achochiments. If you don’t mind me axcin....what did it Retail for? I don’t (buy it) have a mini, but want one. 
    Uhhh...I'm "guessing" $139.xx.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    Options
    Haven't enjoyed a Friday evening, and a cold beer, this much in a long, long time.  
    Gave a briefing to Hill AFB's new Brigadier General, and most of the Senior Leadership on base, today.  Was supposed to be at 0800 this morning but they rescheduled to 1330 this afternoon (yay, more time to stress!)  Was supposed to be 45 minutes, but stretched out for almost 2 hours (and I actually spoke for maybe, 20 minutes?)  Very contentious, there's some ugly powerplays/politics going on, which is fun to watch but more fun when you're sitting in the back of the room.  
    I'm impressed with the new General, will enjoy working with him; just, hopefully, not too much!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• HeavyG
    Options
    Acn said:
    Just talked the wife into getting a Caja China, so I got that going for me, which is nice.
    Won't be long before everyone has huge sales on Kingsford bricks. Be ready to buy about...100 bags of the stuff.

• lousubcap
    Options
    @theyolksonyou - you are about as close to walking on water as a man can get.  I would tread carefully as you are there now-just don't F it up.
    BTW- any SWMBO watching baseball on her own defies description and is the best of compliments I could offer.   You are lucky beyond your greatest expectations.  Go forth and celebrate.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Just got home from batting practice. Wife has the braves/Phillies on. 

Me:  looks fuzzy you watching the HD feed?

Her: I don't know

Me: maybe it's raining. Oh yeah, it's supposed to be a crappy weekend in Philly. 

Her: how do you know that?

me: same way I know everything...

her: oh, the forum. 

Lol
    I'm a little bent about the Philly weather. Had plans to pressure wash the deck tomorrow and then if things cooperated, smoke a cigar @henapple gave me.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    DMW said:
    Just got home from batting practice. Wife has the braves/Phillies on. 

Me: maybe it's raining. Oh yeah, it's supposed to be a crappy weekend in Philly. 

Her: how do you know that?

me: same way I know everything...

her: oh, the forum. 

Lol
    I'm a little bent about the Philly weather. Had plans to pressure wash the deck tomorrow and then if things cooperated, smoke a cigar @henapple gave me.
    Your forecast is what tipped me off. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    BTW, our weekend is slated to be beautiful.  Be at the park @9:30 tomorrow for a 10:30 and 12:00 set of pool games.  Back at it Sunday for bracket play. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Waiting for a flight on the final leg home. My Beautiful Wife's birthday present arrived today, a new pair of hiking boots from REI, saving me some mondo dinero.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Let’s back up to where Amy is watching baseball by herself...
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    It's the only sport she really likes, and it's mostly on for background noise as she peruses face palm. 
  • DMW
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Waiting for a flight on the final leg home. My Beautiful Wife's birthday present arrived today, a new pair of hiking boots from REI, saving me some mondo dinero.
    Safe travels Ron, great seeing you last weekend.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    It's the only sport she really likes, and it's mostly on for background noise as she peruses face palm. 
    Still jealous. Bianca almost immediately gets up and goes to another room when I turn on baseball. 
  • DMW
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Still jealous. Bianca almost immediately gets up and goes to another room when I turn on baseball. 
    I'm watching baseball in my basement bar by myself. My wife is watching some movie or show or something that I think is in French with English subtitles in the family room. I'm OK with this.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Get the van readied for an 0630 start to hit the Sunshine State Eggfest tomorrow!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options

This is the shortcut to me losing my mind in my house.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Taking a break from prepping the van to update the forum while having a cold one and listening to some TOOL on the Bluetooth speaker.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    DMW said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Jeremiah said:
    I'm watching baseball in my basement bar by myself. My wife is watching some movie or show or something that I think is in French with English subtitles in the family room. I'm OK with this.
    No, you’re perusing the forum, with baseball in the background. Much like Amy is. 
  • DMW
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    DMW said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Jeremiah said:
    No, you’re perusing the forum, with baseball in the background. Much like Amy is. 
    Phillies are up 7-3, top of the 9th.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Jeremiah - at least you get to take a shot.  I won't even go down that road.  However, if we attend a game (AAA here) she is all in.  
    And to turn this down a new road- how about NHL hockey!!
    Likely the most fan concentrated sport going-but even with HD TV the speed of the game is too fast for broadcast media.  I will admit that my eyesight has gone south since watching games with the "Original Six" but I was challenged then as today.  
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    DMW said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Jeremiah said:
    I was considering going to the garage, but the temp is a tweener and all my firewood is wet from the past couple of days.