Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ButtBlast 2018

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    Second batch:

I was going to call this “batch number 2,” but then I remembered what kind of degenerates I’m dealing with.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Second batch:

I was going to call this “batch number 2,” but then I remembered what kind of degenerates I’m dealing with.  
    Lame effort.  Rocbox might help.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Second batch:

You're really not very good at concealing your thoughts...
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Second batch:

Yup, but not baseball bs.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Oh, did I really type that?  Should I not have done that?  Was that wrong?
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Nice steve. Can't wait to drink your beer.  =)
    Have at it my friend. I'll be sure to bring plenty.  Let me know if you prefer anything or a particular style.  I'm in dire need of a weekend of relaxation, good company, good food and good music. 
    Can't wait to have a drink with everyone and do some catching up.  Of course with a bourbon slushie and my favorite hippie laying some tunes.                                      
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Second batch:

We really need a mute button. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Second batch:

We really need a mute button. 
    We really need a BS button.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    CTMike said:
    thetrim said:
    The friend that’s coming with you, same guy that came to BCIII?
    No he bagged on us.  He has other commitments this weekend.  The guy coming this weekend is a long time Egghead from Atlanta and may just be the biggest Crimson Tide fan in the world (and this time I'm NOT talking about the movie).  I apologize in advance.  We'll have to get Scottie and him talking.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    BB run to Jungle Jim's has been made this evening.  Local Cincy craft beer has been obtained as well as a box of bbq crack chips.  Got two more nights and a raiding of my beer cellar still yet to happen.

Love Jungle Jims so jealous!!!!!!!!!
    @Jupiter Jim , I live 10 minutes from the Fairfield Jungle Jim's.  I'm there at least once a week.  I regularly spend easily over a hundo and come home with nothing but beer, cheese, and snacks.  The place is ridiculous.

I vaguely want to recall from the first Porkopolis, don't you have Cincinnati ties, possibly Moeller somehow?
    Steve 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Levain starter is off and running as well:

• bgebrent
    Options
    Voodoo John has, Voodoo!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    If I weren't going to Louisiana to take my son to the Angola prison rodeo this weekend (his request for his 21st birthday) I'd be jealous of you guys.

And yes, we looked into the possibility of getting to western NC this weekend but couldn't sort out the logistics in any way that was affordable or sensible (and I realized there is nothing sensible about Butt Blast).

We hope to make it there one year.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• bgebrent
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    If I weren't going to Louisiana to take my son to the Angola prison rodeo this weekend (his request for his 21st birthday) I'd be jealous of you guys.

And yes, we looked into the possibility of getting to western NC this weekend but couldn't sort out the logistics in any way that was affordable or sensible (and I realized there is nothing sensible about Butt Blast).

Slow thinking manifested.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Foghorn said:

Start a Gofundme page.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    Options
    DMW said:
    Foghorn said:

Start a Gofundme page.
    #lame
  • thetrim
    Options
    Foghorn said:

A good time for a reminder to everyone that it is a family friendly event. 
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Foghorn said:

We will get you down one of these years.  In the meantime, we’ll have @Eggcelsior bring more of your beer for everyone to drink ;)
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    thetrim said:
    CTMike said:
    thetrim said:
    No he bagged on us.  He has other commitments this weekend.  The guy coming this weekend is a long time Egghead from Atlanta and may just be the biggest Crimson Tide fan in the world (and this time I'm NOT talking about the movie).  I apologize in advance.  We'll have to get Scottie and him talking.
    It seems Scotty might have had to go back out on the water and isn’t going to make it. Too bad. You could always kidnap @travisstrick on your way through and bring him along also. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Sending up a secound flair to @Dredger to see if she may be able to join us this year at B.B.

I had also reached out by PM to @tailg8ers unsuccessfully to see if they were able to join us. If either of you get this.....would love to see you join us. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • thetrim
    Options
    CTMike said:
    thetrim said:
    CTMike said:
    thetrim said:
    It seems Scotty might have had to go back out on the water and isn’t going to make it. Too bad. You could always kidnap @travisstrick on your way through and bring him along also. 
    Seriously, @SGH is out?  One more casualty of the Trump economy!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Second batch:

I can't wait, Kay is in tears!

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Jupiter Jim
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    YEMTrey said:
    BB run to Jungle Jim's has been made this evening.  Local Cincy craft beer has been obtained as well as a box of bbq crack chips.  Got two more nights and a raiding of my beer cellar still yet to happen.

Love Jungle Jims so jealous!!!!!!!!!
    @Jupiter Jim , I live 10 minutes from the Fairfield Jungle Jim's.  I'm there at least once a week.  I regularly spend easily over a hundo and come home with nothing but beer, cheese, and snacks.  The place is ridiculous.

I vaguely want to recall from the first Porkopolis, don't you have Cincinnati ties, possibly Moeller somehow?
    Have some Egghead friends there, Eddie Miners, Captain Frank, have cut back on $$$$ spent for Eggfest last few years so Porkoplis is a no go. Butt Blast has that spot on the schedule.

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• YEMTrey
    edited April 2018
    Options

@Jupiter Jim Jim Makes sense.  That first Porkopolis is where I got my XL.  I had cut my teeth in the “other” forum and was hanging with Frank, Vidalia and Eddie that day.  Vidalia was wonderful and patient with me.  Answering questions and making his mac’n cheese.  There was a lady in the group with y’all.  I want to say she was from Dayton, OH.  She made a spaghetti squash dish that I still remember to this day.  It was very good.

Safe travels, and I’ll see you this weekend.

Steve 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Last minute decision .We are in .Myself, wife and daughter.  Registered.  Son goes to school at Coastal so it will be a mini vacation into next week .
    Awesome!  Can't wait to hang out with you again man!  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Second batch:

I can't wait, Kay is in tears!
    I am going to try to do a batch of salted caramel pots as well.  No promises yet, but I'm working on it.  
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options
    Last minute decision .We are in .Myself, wife and daughter.  Registered.  Son goes to school at Coastal so it will be a mini vacation into next week .
    Great news looking forward to meeting youins. Jim & Kay

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• BUFFALOMOOSE
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina looking forward to seeing you as well and putting faces to handles.  
    South Buffalo, New York
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I am going to try to do a batch of salted caramel pots as well.  No promises yet, but I'm working on it.  

How accurate will they be to the original recipe? ;)  

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA