Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Centex has class

Options

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Only commercial rubs I like are:

oakridge game bird for chicken
    oak ridge competition beef and pork for butts
    dizzy tsunami spin
    and a few of the dizzy-ish variations for fun.  fajita, Bombay curry are my faves. I buy the big bottles of those 2 

90% of the time I use the homemade rub though. I use it on everything that I smoke. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Google is your friend.

https://faradayskitchenstore.com/cooking-school

Of course you are sold out.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Google is your friend.

:) 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options

Bro...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Google is your friend.

He sells them all out. I’ve never taught a class anywhere so nobody is buying it because of me for sure. He’s hyping bge classes on his
    Facebook page so people are booking them. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Bro...
    That would be janell. Im only doing the meat. That sh!t is good though. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I’m just giving you the business my friend.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Bro...
    Funny thing- im doing the brisket and she’s doing everything else. My cook will be done at 9 am (11am class). She’s going to be cooking 3 things live for an hour and a half while I crack jokes. Then I get to slice the brisket and everyone goes oooooooh! 
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Google is your friend.

He sells them all out. I’ve never taught a class anywhere so nobody is buying it because of me for sure. He’s hyping bge classes on his
    Sunday’s class isn’t sold out. Most of the classes on that page aren’t sold out. You and TFJ deserve the props. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

Bro...
    Funny thing- im doing the brisket and she’s doing everything else. My cook will be done at 9 am (11am class). She’s going to be cooking 3 things live for an hour and a half while I crack jokes. Then I get to slice the brisket and everyone goes oooooooh! 
    I feel like this is a metaphor for more than just the class.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Foghorn said:
    Google is your friend.

Sunday’s class isn’t sold out. Most of the classes on that page aren’t sold out. You and TFJ deserve the props. 
    People like brisket. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I’m just giving you the business my friend.
    I do love the business. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Bring it home and keep the jokes topical!  
    How many attendees??  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    The Hibiscus/Mint/Watermelon salad caught my eye, too.  Would you be willing to share the recipe, or at least a pic?  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options

You gonna take pics of the unveiling at class?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    We need a spy at the class to take pics.  
  • CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
     That price is a steal for a class with that meal included! Looking forward to hearing about the experience of teaching and the reactions of the students to that SRF brisket!
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    How ‘bout live streaming for your pals on the forum?
  • Foghorn
    Options
    What kind of beer did you use to braise it?

San Antonio, TX

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    More importantly, do you mop with A1 sauce at the end, or serve on the side?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Ketchup, don't forget the sauce.

Options

My mom usually writes my name or hearts or something on top in ketchup when she smokes a brisket.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Legume said:

My mom usually writes my name or hearts or something on top in ketchup when she smokes a brisket.
    Awww.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker thanks for the summary.  You firing the BGE or dishwasher for that brisket?  I'm guessing an early AM start or will it be a turbo cook?
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited March 2018
    Options
    The Cen-Tex Smoker said:
     I thought the brisket sucked which was disappointing. By far the worst SRF I've ever done. I think it was over but it had just loosened up when I pulled it. I was hawking it degree-by-degree too. Not sure where it went wrong. Didn't even look right. Tasted like Pot Roast to me too- very little smoke. 
    Brother Tex, first off, a big thumbs up for offering your time to help folks out. That speaks volumes my friend. 
    Second, I bet that the brisket was better than you say. We are usually our own worst critics. Especially when trying to show or demonstrate something to a crowd.  
    If the brisket really tasted like pot roast as you say, I’m shocked myself. I haven’t had it happen with a SRF even when I overcooked them. But I guess stranger things have and can happen. 
    Again, a big thumbs up for taking the time to help get folks on the right track. Sounds like a great time was had by all. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Sounds like y'all knocked it out of the park. I had faith in Janell keeping things on track :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    I would have eaten every bit of that pot roast that you would have let me have.

San Antonio, TX

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Like running a very busy lunch counter service with the worst SRF brisket ever.  Still a win as a pot roast.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga