Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Crawfish/Shrimp Cooker

SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
Been wanting one of these for quite some time.  Ordered it back while I was still offshore. Well it finally came and I bolted it up. 

Going to give it a good washing and burn out later. Thanks for looking.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Looks great!  What is the capacity in gallons?

Does it run off the PTO of your JD?  :smile:

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    That is one impressive looking cooker!  Damn.

I don't think know enough people to cook that portion size, though.  =)

Looking forward to seeing your cooks.
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Looks Nice!  I have no idea how it works though.  OT:  Is that Deere with the loader a sub compact?
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    That's awesome...
    I had lunch with the owners of R&V Works last year when they were in Houston.
    2 of the nicest people in the world. They make quality stuff.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SGH
    kl8ton said:
    Looks great!  What is the capacity in gallons?

Does it run off the PTO of your JD?  :smile:

It says to use 35 gallons of water for 100 pounds of crawfish plus 50 pounds of extras (potatoes, sausage, etc, etc). 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Can you tow that beast to the Butt Blast?
    Looking good my friend.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH said:
    Looks Nice!  I have no idea how it works though.  OT:  Is that Deere with the loader a sub compact?
    Yes sir. It a 1025R. 

Nice!  I've been considering a 1025R , the wife not on board though.
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • SGH
    Nice!  I've been considering a 1025R , the wife not on board though.
    I say this whole heartedly, I wish that they made the 1025 subcompact 40 years ago. It’s been the most useful thing I have ever bought. Especially now that I’m older. The backhoe attachment beats a shovel by miles my friend. 
    Its small so it has its limitation. But sometimes it’s small size is actually it’s strength. It maneuvers like a dream, has far more power than you would think that it would. For in your yard, it’s simply unbeatable. 
    If something happened to it today (God forbid) I would write a check tomorrow to replace it without batting an eye. It has been a game changer for me. 

Status- Standing by.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    Tow that to ButtBlast and it will definitely get used as a urinal.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Foghorn said:
    Or Hot Tub...lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SGH
    Foghorn said:
    I actually bought it with the intent of bring it to Butt Blast. Going to get a small 8x6 trailer to mount it on with a 150 quart cooler. The cooler should be here either today or tomorrow. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited March 2018
    Love it brother !!!!

Status- Standing by.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    What a beast!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited March 2018
    That’s a sweet looking cooker you have there @SGH . Looking forward to seeing how it cooks up the mud bugs the dirty hippy is bringing to Butt Blast, and seeing you again. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    That's a really impressive cooker. I see good times ahead for you and the crowd you will be feeding...or is this what you will make appetizers in? I forget sometimes how much food you can put away.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• SGH
    nolan8v said:
    I will be able to answer the cleaning question tomorrow  =)

Status- Standing by.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Nice work Scottie.  That’s a great set up.   I look forward to seeing you with it up in The NC Hills.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Wow that is awesome. I really need better toys, I mean tools. 
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Well, I'm certainly glad to hear you are planning to drag that up to NC for BB this year. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    I say this with all due respect and sincerity, if I had some of yalls money I would of bought such as this years ago =)

Status- Standing by.

• NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Super nice cooker!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Beautiful cooker and welcome back. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SGH
    edited March 2018
    Beautiful cooker and welcome back. 
    Thank you brother GACock. As stupid as it may sound, I have been just giddy over being home. 

Status- Standing by.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    KiterTodd said:

I don't think know enough people to cook that portion size, though.  =)
    You must not know Scottie.  That is usually the size of his appetizer.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    That things sweet.  Fist time I saw one like that was on the show "Ugly Delicious" episode in New Orleans.  Enjoy!
    (and welcome home)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    Awesome. Wish I hadn’t clicked on this thread...

Now I can’t live without the cooker...

... or the John Deere!!!

Cant wait to see the cook!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!