Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Actually,  maybe I'm done.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    The Wilder Ortiz fight was a great one. Catch The replay if you missed it.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Sipping a beer while I watch my wife do a butt workout. 

I think the forum is slipping.  Nobody said pics or it didn't happen?

Phoenix 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    No comment. I think I have friends on both sides.
    Don’t temper your speech too much... don’t want you to change.....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    This is fan-freaking-tastic
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Ribs over beans with apple smoke.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options

Did some Sous Vide and and Egged fajitas last night. 
    Looks like flank steak?  How was the texture of that done SV?  I have a skirt steak (vacio) Ima put on today and thought about doing it via SV.  Prob just do a quick grill on the XL.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Sitting in an Atlanta hotel bar debating staying for the company dinner (already survived the all day meeting.) 
    I will also be in Atlanta for work next month. If you have any recommendations, please pass them my way!
    Where are you going to be? We’ll hook you up with some places. Atlanta has a great food scene. 
    Thanks @DoubleEgger. That’s very kind. I’ll be in the Sherwood Forest area (Peachtree Street), if that means anything to you. Will only be there for two nights.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Betty got the convenience call last minute.

Sunday spare cruise with some rub from a great guy at the Rock River Valley Eggfest and peach wood from Hawgeye's(Cherry in the pic).

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Trying out a new recipe.  Onions, oil, heat.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Legume said:
    Trying out a new recipe.  Onions, oil, heat.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.  It sure works for that crazy Canadian chef.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Ribs and a piece of ham boiled then finished on the Egg with honey and brown sugar glaze.

Beans came out well, spicy.

• Chrispy517
    Options
    Parts Inventory......  :(
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    Last night's supper.
    Drums smoked with simple kosher salt and fresh milled pepper. Finished in a 12" Lodge with Bacon Jam infused with A-Frame Datil Pepper Sauce. Served with succotash and linguine in a cream sauce and topped with shaved parmesan & asiago cheese.

Man I would kill for some of that right now.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Thanks bruddah @JohnInCarolina
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Focker said:
    Students are doing an appreciation potluck for the unit on their last shift this week.  Threw on 7lbs of Plowboys treated chicken breast for buffalo chicken dip.  Have touched the vents once on startup, solid smoke sesh all around.

Yours look way better than mine.

Mine recieved a Very quick butcher job and didn’t square them up. Oh well, they were cheap, and pretty tasty. Had To kinda bend them to fit
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Laughing at people in the neighborhood freaking out because we’ve been without power for about 48 hours.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Just read an article saying the best way to cook a steak is 6 mins on each side then shut down the grill and leave it in there for 6 mins. That seems like a recipe for over cooked steak. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Just read an article saying the best way to cook a steak is 6 mins on each side then shut down the grill and leave it in there for 6 mins. That seems like a recipe for over cooked steak. 
    Not my method, but depends on variables like starting meat temp, grid temp and thickness of the protein. I do know folks who still use that dated bge recipe. If they’re happy then so am I.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    After 3 weeks of gluten and dairy free eating I am no longer in the 200# club.  
    And yes I keep my bathroom scales in the garage .

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• pgprescott
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Very nice.  That’s a pretty fancy garage floor. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Focker said:
    Students are doing an appreciation potluck for the unit on their last shift this week.  Threw on 7lbs of Plowboys treated chicken breast for buffalo chicken dip.  Have touched the vents once on startup, solid smoke sesh all around.

Yours look way better than mine.

Mine recieved a Very quick butcher job and didn’t square them up. Oh well, they were cheap, and pretty tasty. Had To kinda bend them to fit
    Looks great from here bud. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• bucky925
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Very nice.  That’s a pretty fancy garage floor. 
    Only the step in to the kitchen...done before I moved in...but THANKS

• g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Can you tell a difference in the way you feel? Something you will continue doing? 
  • bucky925
    Options
    I think it will be a long term restriction.  I figure processed sugar will be next.  But you always have the "cheat day"!  

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Watching my first NASCAR race in years and planning a trip to Phoenix next weekend to take the in-laws to Whataburger. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    Steak Sunday, baked tater, Brussel sprouts and salad.