Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Watching the proposed tariffs on imported steel and aluminium destroy what is left of my 401K.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,352
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Watching the proposed tariffs on imported steel and aluminium destroy what is left of my 401K.
    I see the EU is already planning some retaliatory tariffs on the United States. Deja vu - it's like 2003 all over again.

Good times!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Still struggling after reaching severe LEO at our annual company meeting last night.  No career limiting moves.   Good time had by all!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Soon

Another Plexiderm commercial?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Please take your politics elsewhere... 

You know the deal with this thread Ron. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,667
    Options
    Laid up at the grove park inn, Asheville 
     last night here then back to rain and wind 
    Very nice place to be!
    Absolutely! Managed to chase down a gallon of George’s original bbq sauce at Food Lion and scratched my Bojangles itch!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,667
    Options
     Also saw Beef Satay on the room service menu and after googling the recipe I can’t wait to get some going on the bge
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Watching the wonders of the NYSE and now planning to go out smaller, in retirement, than I had previously planned.

Life it seems, is what you make it to be.

FTFY @DoubleEgger - Better?

First, apologies to all I have offended.

Certainly and especially to Oz for disrespecting the Deal with this thread

It was a personal observation with no political intent, I assure you.  

I was truly biotching about my investment strategy, which is now eviscerated, due to the typical over-reaction of the financials and what they were reporting.

We will see what happens Friday.

Thanks for being on the lookout, I can be politically, socially (or anything else you care to list), incorrect. Without a doubt. I am that guy.

I did not intend to make it politic. However, Brother Michael, your response, has definitely defined it as so.

Either way, I meant no harm. To anyone. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • HeavyG
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    Watching the wonders of the NYSE and now planning to go out smaller, in retirement, than I had previously planned.

I was truly biotching about my investment strategy, which is now eviscerated, due to the typical over-reaction of the financials and what they were reporting.

Thanks for being on the lookout, I can be politically, socially (or anything else you care to list), incorrect. Without a doubt. I am that guy.

I did not intend to make it politic. However, Brother Michael, your response, has definitely defined it as so.

I know I just thought it was a simple apolitical observation of a news event. My comment was likewise - didn't even mention Valdemort.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    edited March 2018
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

So many words, no worries brother.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Watching the ILS (In Line Sled) roll in. 

I will sure be glad when this one is finally over and I’m back home. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Starting the trip home.  Thank you US for not allowing me to bring pork products back from Spain
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Legume said:
    Starting the trip home.  Thank you US for not allowing me to bring pork products back from Spain
    They won't notice. Probably.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Jamon Serrano.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina Just as an observation - I have to pile on wood to get my WFO floor that hot. My oven “likes” a floor temp of about 650 and dome about 850 under normal firing conditions. Those little Roccboxes are pretty cool as a dedicated pizza cooker. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @JohnInCarolina Just as an observation - I have to pile on wood to get my WFO floor that hot. My oven “likes” a floor temp of about 650 and dome about 850 under normal firing conditions. Those little Roccboxes are pretty cool as a dedicated pizza cooker. 
    They are.  I could get the floor quite a bit cooler using gas, but I just like running hot.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Eoin said:
    Legume said:
    They won't notice. Probably.
    I was not lucky.

I brought back a 1/4 lb salami I bought in Sicily hoping that I would sneak it in. Yea - call me whatever you want trying to do so.....  anyway....  Knowing it was not allowed but also believing and hoping it was not a jailable or findable offence for such a small amount, I still went for it. Damn dog. Even casually tried to swing wide of him.  They pulled me aside and asked if I had any drugs, fruit, meat products etc...  I showed what it probably was.

So I asked if I could just eat it and he said something along the lines of “I can’t let you carry that through the doors and you can’t put it in your bag. The trash is there but we have to search everything so do what you want.” So I unwrapped it and ate it in about 3 bites as they kept searching through my stuff to make sure I did not have anything else. 

I stared at that dog as I ate the salami; and he kept glancing at me. I know he wanted a bite.... 
    Dogs are hard to beat if you run into one.  When my daughter came back from China, she brought a pack of dried Yak meat with her and got through customs here in the UK.  Some with contraband from Mexico to here.
  • HeavyG
    Options
    Sitting in my den listening to the wind I would swear we're having a hurricane today. 84mph wind  gust recorded on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. "Only" 45 mph at my house. No grilling tonight but otherwise a beautiful day.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Not being as productive as I could be...

Remember kids, there is no cloud, it's just someone else's computer.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Well crap, now the AWS outage has hit Echos. Alexa is not so good without her brain.

https://youtu.be/7nS85-ySNTc

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Yesterday our DR director said we were in good shape when in our Soc II meeting. All independent parts tested and maintenance completed. When asked when the last true test was completed, he never answered the question directly. 

Lost power for 5 min and generator did not come on. Phones dead,  Power then came back. So I sat as he stained his pants over and over as he walked by my door. 

Been an hour now....  getting close to back to normal.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Boom.  Power is out again.  This might be an interesting weather event for us. I might even miss the Friday night  shenanigans on here.
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Legume said:

One last bite at the airport, that’s tomato in the cup.  Pic wouldn’t upload from there for some reason.  Ham everywhere.  I have to figure out how to work another trip back.

Did I mention how great the coffee was everywhere?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    Supposed to be snowed in all weekend (wind here too, two semis tipped over on I-80) so I made a batch of brisket chili, and my first try at cornbread.  Office has a chili cookoff in about 3 weeks so need to tweak the recipe to win.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    Just finished a one-on-one meeting with a heating and A/C sales rep from a local company who's business card title is "Comfort Consultant".  Not kidding.  I casually inquired if "happy endings" were part of the package deal.  Needless to say he had heard it all before.  However, promising to throw real cash at the deal did result in quite a discount.  At least it's Friday and LEO is close by with escape velocity a definite "Go for throttle up."
    Have a great evening.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    I think the youngster thread has been buffaloed. Sinking....
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    I think the youngster thread has been buffaloed. Sinking....
    Well that blows.  There was nothing wrong with that thread.   

I for onr was really enjoying it.
    Phoenix 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Goin snapper fishing tonight. 
    Ft myers. 

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options