Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    ColtsFan said:
    Just met up with my dealer

Changed my life when I learned that Keebler does a knock off of Samoas.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    ColtsFan said:

You chase them GSC with some ON protein shake? 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    CPFC1905 said:
    Looking for advice : got the bike set up on a turbo trainer, as road cycling will deny me of receiving any pension benefits. Got any experiences to share about simple fitness / CV pattern you have used?
    I could try to find a subject specific forum, but they would all just be geeks and nerds.....
    You shouldn't post that on a public forum...
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    ColtsFan said:

You chase them GSC with some ON protein shake? 
    It's all about keeping a nice balance between carbs and protein. Plus I feel less guilty when I slam a whole sleeve of cookies.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Gman2
    Gman2 Posts: 421
    Eoin said:
    Then to the water caves at Tiscar. More dodgy mountain roads to get there. This waterfall is accessed through a low tunnel and a lot of steps down.

At the car park. Dom living on the edge.

Tunnel through, about 4'6" high.

Steps down.

Me and Anne.

No charge for parking or access at either location, makes a change from the UK where you pay for everything.
    That is flat out beautiful, keep the pictures coming. Looks like an awesome trip so far.
    LBGE, Mechanicsville, Va., LBGE, Duck, NC, XLBGE Wake, Va.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Agreed.  Loving the pictures @Eoin !
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Since pork tenderloin comes in a two pack...

Man that looks good. What seasoning did you go with? 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    @g8golfer. It’s just a little olive oil brushed on with a couple pinches of herbes d’provence. The wife has cut out all salt and I need to cut my intake back. 
  • Working on a proposal for an NIH center on laser induced shockwave lithotripsy.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Working on a proposal for an NIH center on laser induced shockwave lithotripsy.  
    You have my number if you need any help. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Working on a proposal for an NIH center on laser induced shockwave lithotripsy.  

Will this crush my kidney stones faster?
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
    Will this crush my kidney stones faster?
    That is what we’re trying to understand, yes.  The goal is the development of new medical devices and procedures that can efficiently break up kidney stones while minimizing any damage to surrounding tissue.  
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • One of the folks I'm working with suggested the following name for the Center:

Center for Ureteroscopic Nephrolithiasis Technology

I had to be the one to point out to him that this gives rise to an acronym that's probably not the best choice. 
  • thetrim
    @eoin you missed a sport there, bud!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    3 hour round trip to look at a truck wasted :o has thetruck been in an accident, is the door creased as it looks like it was in the pic, no and no. get there and the drivers door was  dollied out, rear bumper smashed several times(good thing it was equipped with backup camera and backup assist buzzers)  =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • thetrim
    thetrim said:
    @eoin you missed a sport there, bud!
    Spot
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    edited February 2018

Two new critters for the farm. Pua and Pip. I wanted Hamilton and Jimmy (Dean) but was outvoted. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    jeffwit said:

Two new critters for the farm. Pua and Pip. I wanted Hamilton and Jimmy (Dean) but was outvoted. 
    you cant name them. . . how are you going to eat them if you name them?

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    kl8ton said:
    jeffwit said:

These aren’t going to get big enough to be worth eating. The kids think they’re pets, but they’re really a test run for some eatin’ pigs. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    kl8ton said:
    jeffwit said:

With cole slaw and baked beans.   =)

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    3 hour round trip to look at a truck wasted :o has thetruck been in an accident, is the door creased as it looks like it was in the pic, no and no. get there and the drivers door was  dollied out, rear bumper smashed several times(good thing it was equipped with backup camera and backup assist buzzers)  =)
    That's frustrating.

I remember a buddy and I drove 2 1/2 hrs one way to look at a vehicle. It had been in an accident and the seller swore the frame was straight and the roof was not buckled, and the doors were straight. We weren't out of the truck and could tell the roof was buckled and it wasn't worth the drive.

The crappy part was we pulled an empty car trailer there and back on a rough interstate, and the thing was bouncing and rattling the whole way, and the truck we took might have gotten 12 mpg. It was a long road trip....
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Beat SWMBO home, local wild animal started to attack the roses...
    Probably safer for next year. 

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.