Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I went to the Bacchus Ball with @nolaegghead

Options

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    He egged some food. It was good. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I see his hair is getting long again.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    How’s your liver? 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    What did you do to the real Nola?? 

Looks like y'all had a good time :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    In a tux. Picture saved.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    I thought I was looking at Penn & Teller. Great pic. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Awesome.  And perfect Ball to attend.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    That’s the best date you could find?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Can’t imagine what’s in that Coke Zero can...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Nice!!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Hippie
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Foghorn
    Options
    He drinks a lot of Coke Zero.  Almost like an addiction. 

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Options
    Proof of food. 

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Options

Proof it was egged. 

San Antonio, TX

• YukonRon
    Options
    We were at the parade last night, and it got a little crazy towards the end. The folks in the floats distributing the beads and things, had been drinking throughout the very long parade, and when the parade reached downtown, where we were, the gentle toss, became the live fastball with movement, tageting inside, nose level, to several of the people wanting the beads and trinkets. 
    People were inebriated on the streets as well, and on a couple occasions, a couple of wise asses got pummeled and bloodied. Some were knocked down or fell to avoid the 90 mph fast trinket coming directly at their head.
    Fun to watch. I LOVE A PARTY.
    At least they will have a very interesting story about how they got THAT scar.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    My crew:

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Foghorn said:

My crew:

Dr John....and Dr Ron.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    So you guys are full steam on it tomorrow?

more pictures please!!!!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Foghorn
    Options
    @YukonRon,

If I had some advance notice, you could have joined us at our table at the ball.  It was very civilized - relatively speaking.  You know.  Indoor fireworks and bottle rockets.  Everybody bringing their own food and drink.  32 giant floats and about the same number of marching bands parading around indoors.  Preceded and followed by a very good dance band (Huey Lewis was unable to perform after the parade due to the flu.)

Might be an option next year.

I'll be in touch.

San Antonio, TX

• YukonRon
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    @YukonRon,

If I had some advance notice, you could have joined us at our table at the ball.  It was very civilized - relatively speaking.  You know.  Indoor fireworks and bottle rockets.  Everybody bringing their own food and drink.  32 giant floats and about the same number of marching bands parading around indoors.  Preceded and followed by a very good dance band (Huey Lewis was unable to perform after the parade due to the flu.)

I'll be in touch.

We will be delighted. I can act civilized given enough lead time for pulling back on the reins.
    We are planning to be at R And O today at 5. Join us if you have time.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Foghorn
    edited February 2018
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Foghorn said:
    @YukonRon,

I'll be in touch.

We will be delighted. I can act civilized given enough lead time for pulling back on the reins.
    We are planning to be at R And O today at 5. Join us if you have time.
    Unfortunately, I'm sitting at the airport. Have to work tomorrow.  But thank you very much.

San Antonio, TX

• YukonRon
    Options
    Better planning next time, for sure.
    It was a great time. We rolled in kind of late. The food was great, but the company made the night.
    Got some ground to cover on Tuesday, heading out on Wednesday, to the work thing.
    We will be back next year.
    I learned so much about Mardi Gras.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Better planning next time, for sure.
    It was a great time. We rolled in kind of late. The food was great, but the company made the night.
    Got some ground to cover on Tuesday, heading out on Wednesday, to the work thing.
    We will be back next year.
    I learned so much about Mardi Gras.
    Ron’s 2019 Mardi Gras permit 
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,171
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Proof of food. 
    Looks like a couple of Central Grocery muffulettas there? Shared one of these with my wife maybe 15 or 20 years ago, along with a Barq's and some Zapps chips. One of the best sandwiches I've ever had. Would love another someday if we ever get back there.
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,171
    Options
    You know it was a good sandwich when you still think about it all these years later.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Yes.  In addition to nola's BBQ we had muffalettas from Central Grocery and king cake from Dong Phuong.  Both are memorable.  And Nola brought spicy onions and homemade pickles for the pulled pork sandwiches - with homemade eastern Carolina BBQ sauce with some New Orleans heat added.  We did it up right.

If I go back next year we'll have an even better plan.  I actually ran into someone I know at the ball and another guy (who is a Bacchus officer) at the airport.  

The logistics are daunting - getting into a tux and transporting food and drink to the convention center while most of the city is shut down as roads are blocked for parades - but now that I've done it once it makes a lot more sense.

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Options
    It occurs to me that @SGH has probably never seen his hippie friend in a tux. 

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Options

San Antonio, TX

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Yes.  In addition to nola's BBQ we had muffalettas from Central Grocery and king cake from Dong Phuong.  Both are memorable.  And Nola brought spicy onions and homemade pickles for the pulled pork sandwiches - with homemade eastern Carolina BBQ sauce with some New Orleans heat added.  We did it up right.

If I go back next year we'll have an even better plan.  I actually ran into someone I know at the ball and another guy (who is a Bacchus officer) at the airport.  

The logistics are daunting - getting into a tux and transporting food and drink to the convention center while most of the city is shut down as roads are blocked for parades - but now that I've done it once it makes a lot more sense.
    Fortunately for me, I walked there via the ferry, pulling a wagon, no vehicles required.  That's a bonus of being in Algiers Point.
    Options