Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Who gets the photo worthy plate?

Here's the scenario...

You cook a killer meal and you decide to take a picture of it for the Forum, Facebook, Instagram etc. 

Who gets the "fancy" plate? You, your significant other, or someone else? 

Comments

• The wife every time per @nolaegghead
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,633
    Definitely mine. It always has way more food on it than she would be willing to eat.
  • ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 2,201
    Me. SWMBO eats like a bird and doesn't eat much meat. (there's a joke there somewhere)  B)

Two large BGE, KJ Jr, 36" Blackstone, FlameBoss 300
    Follow me on Instagram @ hoosier_egger
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 8,659
    My plates are rarely arranged to be photo worthy, so I snap whatever looks good or mine because it's last.
    Austin, TX
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 28,018
    ColtsFan said:
    Me. SWMBO eats like a bird and doesn't eat much meat. (there's a joke there somewhere)  B)

If she doesn't eat much meat, you might as well take the photogenic plate. 

</end joke in there somewhere>

• DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 13,174
    I ask the question because I heard a response other than significant other a few days ago and I was surprised. 
  • johnnypjohnnyp Posts: 3,190
    depends on the night. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Usually ends up being my plate. The wife is usually busy stuffing her face with an occasional eye roll while I take food pics. 
    LBGE
    SC AL
  • Sea2SkiSea2Ski Posts: 2,866
    Mine. Always mine. She is usually done half her meal by the time I get my first bite in anyway. Since that is the case, I take the time to make the plate, then take pics, then eat.

It works out because I am half done when she is totally finished. She does not sit still, so she starts cleaning up as I am finishing my plate. She is nearly done cleaning up when I am done eating.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------
  • johnnypjohnnyp Posts: 3,190
    edited October 2017
    I ask the question because I heard a response other than significant other a few days ago and I was surprised. 
    Sometimes the pretty plate has too much food for Brooke. Whereas, imma eat it 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 8,659
    I don't think my wife would care too much about what it looks like.  I am clear evidence of that.
    Austin, TX
    johnnyp said:
    I just get razzed by you guys for my half empty plates....
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 4,746
    If I took a pic of the wife's plate there would be a fork in the photo and you know what happens then...

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 9,055
    edited October 2017
    I don't cook.  I thought this was a forum for smart people.  Realized 2 l8 it's a cooking forum
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Mini, Blackstone, WSM
  • theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 16,852
    I don't cook.  I thought this was a forum for smart people.  Realized to late it's a cooking forum
    To....
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. My wings either. 
  • Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 9,055
    I don't cook.  I thought this was a forum for smart people.  Realized to late it's a cooking forum
    To....
    Thanks for the heads up.  I fixed it.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Mini, Blackstone, WSM
  • BrookiePBrookieP Posts: 135
    johnnyp said:
    I usually have a mouth full of food asking “hey are you going to take a picture?” (That means take a picture of your plate because I just ruined any chance of mine looking good.)
    XL BGE & 36" Blackstone
    Instagram: BGEBrooke
  • bucky925bucky925 Posts: 1,133
    yessiree, My wife does the patented "eye roll" every time I take pic's.  I still love her and she puts up with it because I call her out of the craft room when dinner is ready. 
    Live fast. die young, and leave a well marbled corps. 
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 11,052
    No preference at our house.
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.”
  • DMWDMW Posts: 13,290
    To....
    Thanks for the heads up.  I fixed it.
    You rednecks, it's too
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • TeefusTeefus Posts: 690
    When I was growing up we had a rule: whoever fixes the plates, cuts the cake, dishes up the ice cream, etc.; gets last pick. We learned really early to makes all of the plates identical. 
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 13,030
    My failure at photography is somewhat legendary, so In the process, several photos are taken then one is selected, modified, and finally presented.
    Usually by that time, everyone else has grabbed a plate, started eating, and near done, before I bring mine, typically the last one photographed, to the table.
    Many folks have thought I have gone off the grid, when witnessing my obsession, in trying to post a decent image.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 6,066
    By the time the food is ready, my wife usually doesn't want to wait for a fancy plate. The times I'm ready to serve on time, or earlier, I usually  work on every plate, because that way I might have 1 worth looking at.
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,496
    Wife gets a paper plate.  Little girl gets her Paw Patrol, Mickey or whatever is clean at that time.  I get the square/diamond plate.  I look them in the eyes and dare them to say something too.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • My wife ain't waiting for the picture photo session.....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Jameson19Jameson19 Posts: 326
    Wife doesn't care to wait while I arrange everything for a photo, so it's my plate that gets the photo. 
    Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang, beautiful 2 year old daughter and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
    My wife ALWAYS waits on everyone to sit down before she'll start eating.