Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who gets the photo worthy plate?

Here's the scenario...

You cook a killer meal and you decide to take a picture of it for the Forum, Facebook, Instagram etc. 

Who gets the "fancy" plate? You, your significant other, or someone else? 

Comments

• The wife every time per @nolaegghead
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    Definitely mine. It always has way more food on it than she would be willing to eat.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,331
    Me. SWMBO eats like a bird and doesn't eat much meat. (there's a joke there somewhere)  B)

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    My plates are rarely arranged to be photo worthy, so I snap whatever looks good or mine because it's last.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    ColtsFan said:
    Me. SWMBO eats like a bird and doesn't eat much meat. (there's a joke there somewhere)  B)

If she doesn't eat much meat, you might as well take the photogenic plate. 

</end joke in there somewhere>
    I ask the question because I heard a response other than significant other a few days ago and I was surprised. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    depends on the night. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Usually ends up being my plate. The wife is usually busy stuffing her face with an occasional eye roll while I take food pics. 
    LBGE
    AL
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Mine. Always mine. She is usually done half her meal by the time I get my first bite in anyway. Since that is the case, I take the time to make the plate, then take pics, then eat.

It works out because I am half done when she is totally finished. She does not sit still, so she starts cleaning up as I am finishing my plate. She is nearly done cleaning up when I am done eating.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited October 2017
    I ask the question because I heard a response other than significant other a few days ago and I was surprised. 
    Sometimes the pretty plate has too much food for Brooke. Whereas, imma eat it 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    I don't think my wife would care too much about what it looks like.  I am clear evidence of that.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,166
    johnnyp said:
    I just get razzed by you guys for my half empty plates....
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    If I took a pic of the wife's plate there would be a fork in the photo and you know what happens then...

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    edited October 2017
    I don't cook.  I thought this was a forum for smart people.  Realized 2 l8 it's a cooking forum
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    I don't cook.  I thought this was a forum for smart people.  Realized to late it's a cooking forum
    To....
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    I don't cook.  I thought this was a forum for smart people.  Realized to late it's a cooking forum
    To....
    Thanks for the heads up.  I fixed it.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • BrookieP
    BrookieP Posts: 135
    johnnyp said:
    I usually have a mouth full of food asking “hey are you going to take a picture?” (That means take a picture of your plate because I just ruined any chance of mine looking good.)
    XL BGE & 36" Blackstone
    Instagram: BGEBrooke
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    yessiree, My wife does the patented "eye roll" every time I take pic's.  I still love her and she puts up with it because I call her out of the craft room when dinner is ready. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    No preference at our house.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    To....
    Thanks for the heads up.  I fixed it.
    You rednecks, it's too
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    When I was growing up we had a rule: whoever fixes the plates, cuts the cake, dishes up the ice cream, etc.; gets last pick. We learned really early to makes all of the plates identical. 
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    My failure at photography is somewhat legendary, so In the process, several photos are taken then one is selected, modified, and finally presented.
    Usually by that time, everyone else has grabbed a plate, started eating, and near done, before I bring mine, typically the last one photographed, to the table.
    Many folks have thought I have gone off the grid, when witnessing my obsession, in trying to post a decent image.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    By the time the food is ready, my wife usually doesn't want to wait for a fancy plate. The times I'm ready to serve on time, or earlier, I usually  work on every plate, because that way I might have 1 worth looking at.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Wife gets a paper plate.  Little girl gets her Paw Patrol, Mickey or whatever is clean at that time.  I get the square/diamond plate.  I look them in the eyes and dare them to say something too.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • My wife ain't waiting for the picture photo session.....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Jameson19
    Jameson19 Posts: 354
    Wife doesn't care to wait while I arrange everything for a photo, so it's my plate that gets the photo. 
    Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,166
    My wife ALWAYS waits on everyone to sit down before she'll start eating.