Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited October 2017
    Every time I see Pedro, I think back of the Don Zimmer dump. 

"POOPY PANTS PLAY" LMAO
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Can't believe Maddon left Davis in
    W
    Hard to argue with that.  Truth is the Nats lost that game, the cubs didn't win it.
    Oh they won it. It takes two to tango. Throwing out Turner at home, Hayward’s catch on the corner, back pick etc..
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    DuckDogDr said:
    Just got back in from Garth Brooks playing in ATL.
    Was a friggin Awesome show! Guy is 100%amped the entire performance. It's obvious he loves what he does Definately going to go see again next chance I get . 

All the phone lights moving together for "The River".. gone are the days of the lighter 
    He was in town here in Grand Rapids MI earlier this year.  They announced one concert date.  The minute ticket sales opened, they opened up 5 more shows.  It was nuts!  He played 6 concerts in our arena that same weekend.  He had the same level of energy for all 6.  It was pretty cool that pretty much anybody that wanted to see him had the opportunity.  It was a great show!
    • Thursday, May 12 - 7:30 p.m.
    • Friday, May 13 - 7 p.m.
    • Friday, May 13 - 10:30 p.m.
    • Saturday, May 14 - 7 p.m.
    • Saturday, May 14 - 10:30 p.m.
    • Sunday, May 15 - 7:30 p.m.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    @YukonRon - No way Baker comes back.  The Nats have tanked in the NLDS under his regime too many times.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    lousubcap said:
    @YukonRon - No way Baker comes back.  The Nats have tanked in the NLDS under his regime too many times.  
    @ lousubcap
    I am thinking the same thing. He had some of the best talent in baseball during his tenure in Cincinnati, and could not produce enough wins to get to the playoffs, other than, if I remember correctly, a couple (?) One game playoffs, which they lost. Too many players first decisions, throughout the season, leading to poor play in crunch time.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I like Dusty Baker, but as a Giants fan, the change to Bochy was a huge upgrade.
  • Focker
    edited October 2017
    Let us not forget.....the Steve Bartman incident.
    https://youtu.be/vq8G81oOHhY

Dusty was skipper.
    Prior, Wood, Big Z, Clement.  Hands down best rotation that year.  A joy to watch Prior take the ball, lights out.  Clement #4, would be a #2 on any other team.  Dusty notoriously overworked both Prior and Wood well into the 100s for pitch counts, pretty much all season. 120s, 130s, even 140s???

Their 2003 WS Champs ticket was punched with those horses in the stable.  An epic, EPIC, clusterfock failure, poor Bartman took the heat for.

If he stays, DC should protest. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Can't believe Maddon left Davis in
    W
    Hard to argue with that.  Truth is the Nats lost that game, the cubs didn't win it.
    Oh they won it. It takes two to tango. Throwing out Turner at home, Hayward’s catch on the corner, back pick etc..
    The 2 extra runs in the 5th from the missed strikeout/dead ball call sure didn't hurt cubs cause.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2017
    The 5th inning sequence was Nats losing game.  With 2 outs, cubs got walked, missed deadball call, catcher's interference, and hit by pitch.  That is not "winning" the game.  That is Nats losing.

At the end it doesn't matter.  Baby Bears move on.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • pgprescott
    The 5th inning sequence was Nats losing game.  With 2 outs, cubs got walked, missed deadball call, catcher's interference, and hit by pitch.  That is not "winning" the game.  That is Nats losing.

The Cubs did their dead best to match the Nats screw ups, but the lost that game. Thankfully !

I wonder if a team has ever advanced with more errors and walks? Not to mention the batting averages. Dreadful. Hard to believe. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac

The Cubs did their dead best to match the Nats screw ups, but the lost that game. Thankfully !

I wonder if a team has ever advanced with more errors and walks? Not to mention the batting averages. Dreadful. Hard to believe. 
    It was a weird game from beginning to end.  If either team just buckled down and stopped the errors they would have won.  One good thing about Cubs moving on is I have a team to root against.

I was rooting for Cards, DBacks, then Indians.  Now only thing left is team to root against.
  • kl8ton
    WeberWho said:
    One freaky cloud this morning for Friday the 13th

I had to look away before I had a seizure.  That is weird!

Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Beyond today and Friday the 13th, today is the 242nd US Navy Birthday.  Even though I hung up my sailor suit many years ago,  I will be celebrating in fine style.  Go Navy, beat Army.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott

It was a weird game from beginning to end.  If either team just buckled down and stopped the errors they would have won.  One good thing about Cubs moving on is I have a team to root against.

I was rooting for Cards, DBacks, then Indians.  Now only thing left is team to root against.
    Houston has a nice team. They were 1st place in their division, like the Cubs were. Hater!
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    lousubcap said:
    Beyond today and Friday the 13th, today is the 242nd US Navy Birthday.  Even though I hung up my sailor suit many years ago,  I will be celebrating in fine style.  Go Navy, beat Army.  
    If there was ever a "flagable" comment, it's that last sentence.  Go Army, Beat Navy!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    bgebrent said:
    lousubcap said:
    Marveling at the number of first time posters...oh, yeah-selling/looking for Fest Tix.  Tis the season.  
    Has been rampant Cap.
    BGE was directing them here for that purpose on facebook
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    My duck is still not quite thawed out, was going to brine it from now until bedtime, then let it air-dry in the frig until 1100 tomorrow.  I only have time to do one or the other now; which would you recommend?  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    kl8ton said:  
    He was in town here in Grand Rapids MI earlier this year.  They announced one concert date.  The minute ticket sales opened, they opened up 5 more shows.  It was nuts!  He played 6 concerts in our arena that same weekend.  He had the same level of energy for all 6.  It was pretty cool that pretty much anybody that wanted to see him had the opportunity.  It was a great show!
    • Thursday, May 12 - 7:30 p.m.
    • Friday, May 13 - 7 p.m.
    • Friday, May 13 - 10:30 p.m.
    • Saturday, May 14 - 7 p.m.
    • Saturday, May 14 - 10:30 p.m.
    • Sunday, May 15 - 7:30 p.m.
    He did the exact same thing in Sioux Falls.  Hmmm, was the agency padding his schedule to allow this?  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Focker
    edited October 2017
    Posted up at the Weber bar, waiting for some peeps to roll in.  Their own Backyard Brew is pretty good.  3 Floyds' Alpha King, even better.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Spotted cow is good stuff.  Had it when I was in WI and loved it.  Have not seen it down in TX.
    XL BGE
    WSM 18.5
    Currently live in Southern Oklahoma/ North Texas region
    Born and raised in Chicago! Da BEARS
  • Focker
    Moving on to The James, and drinking a couple James cocktails.  Bartender was kind enough to share the recipe.  Only been here for two hours, corn patch boy is in trouble.  =)

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• kl8ton
    Got lawn mowed. Up to 5 inches of rain predicted tonight and tomorrow.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Spotted cow is good stuff.  Had it when I was in WI and loved it.  Have not seen it down in TX.
    Spotted Cow is only sold in Wisconsin. Even us bordering states need to make a dip into Wisco for it
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    kl8ton said:
    Got lawn mowed. Up to 5 inches of rain predicted tonight and tomorrow.  
    Great timing.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • pgprescott
    WeberWho said:
    Spotted cow is good stuff.  Had it when I was in WI and loved it.  Have not seen it down in TX.
    Spotted Cow is only sold in Wisconsin. Even us bordering states need to make a dip into Wisco for it
    Doesn’t it have to do with it not being pasteurized or something?
  • Focker
    Mannies at the Ritz-Carlton.  Chill spot.

Brandon
    Quad Cities