Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Anyone have an Audi Q5?

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 27,255
    @1move - thanks for the vote of confidence.   We decided to buy one, had hit shipped to the local dealer and are picking it up in the morning.

I'll take some pictures to prove it happened. ;)

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,627
    @1move - thanks for the vote of confidence.   We decided to buy one, had hit shipped to the local dealer and are picking it up in the morning.

Nice purchase brother. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,242
    What ever you do.....don't spill that pumpkin latte in it. That want set good with the wif.
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.”
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,371
    edited October 2017

Good because this is sounding more and more like a Conneticut Q post.   
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,436
    My Beautiful Wife owned two A6s, one was a turbo. She loved them. The A6T was the third fastest car she ever drove. Her Boxter S was the fastest. Her other Boxter was second.
    That all changed when she met me pimping around in my '97 Ford Eddie Bauer Expedition, about 8 years ago. It is still a total babe magnet. She continues to ride in it with me.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 2,308
    YukonRon said:
    My Beautiful Wife owned two A6s, one was a turbo. She loved them. The A6T was the third fastest car she ever drove. Her Boxter S was the fastest. Her other Boxter was second.
    That all changed when she met me pimping around in my '97 Ford Eddie Bauer Expedition, about 8 years ago. It is still a total babe magnet. She continues to ride in it with me.
    Total status symbol vehicle.  :wink:

LBGE - 36Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • YukonRon said:
    I think I love everything about this post.  
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 23,148
    cant believe you couldnt get her to buy a tesla p100d
    Well, she wants a car *now* not 2 years from now. ;)

She is at the dealer.  Just called me and asked if she should get their 3-year maintenance/service deal (first year is free) for $999 (actual value - $2200).  I pulled up the maintenance/service schedule and based on the miles she typically drives, I told her "Fvck no!".

• She is at the dealer.  Just called me and asked if she should get their 3-year maintenance/service deal (first year is free) for $999 (actual value - $2200).  I pulled up the maintenance/service schedule and based on the miles she typically drives, I told her "Fvck no!".

Yep.  I think that's the right call.

With Audis the real issue is just to make sure you lock in a warranty.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• hondabbqhondabbq Posts: 1,945

My buddy just bought an S8. That thing is crazy.

Ive only been about 125 MPH in a car but Ive been 115 MPH on a sled, now that is a rush.

Well, she wants a car *now* not 2 years from now. ;)
    not good at planning ahead =) dan brown,da vinci code, almost hit my dog with a p90 earlier this year, closest im getting to one
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 5,086
    Sweet! Nothing like a cool ass on these muggy days! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    that hurts just a little,my trucks down to one cheaparse speaker and never had ac =) nice ride
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 12,191
    I think Jazz likes the new whip
    Back from my first ride.  Impressive.  Just went out for Pho.

• johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 4,648
    Congratulations to the wife. Safe and happy travels..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • texaswigtexaswig Posts: 2,231
    Very Nice. But I'm with you on wanting no payments. 
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 4,572
    Congrats, she will love the Audi. My wife loves her A6.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014, 36" Blackstone, Anova Sous Vide
    Green Man Group 
    Johns Creek, Georgia
  • bucky925bucky925 Posts: 996
    Told my wife about this thread, and asked if she wanted a new car?  Bless her heart, told me she didn't need a new car her '07 pilot was just fine.   Boy did I snag a winner.  I would love to suprise her this Christmas and I may do just that.

Live fast. die young, and leave a well marbled corps. 
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,443
    bucky925 said:
    Told my wife about this thread, and asked if she wanted a new car?  Bless her heart, told me she didn't need a new car her '07 pilot was just fine.   Boy did I snag a winner.  I would love to suprise her this Christmas and I may do just that.

Will you be my secret santa?
    Audi makes great products. Unlike 30 years ago.  You'll need to take me for a ride, err maybe better Bridgette. =)
  • Hmmm.

I am a High Performance Driving Education (HPDE) instructor - I coach drivers on how to execute faster laps on race courses.

I frequently drive (in the USofA) above 150mph (at race tracks.)

I don't have religion for any particular marque.
    I've owned Jags, Toyotas, Fords, Hondas, Audis, Daimlers, BMWs, Chevys, Subarus, ... you name it.

Don't get a hard on about what your experience was even 3-5 years ago with a particular marque, that's all changed in recent years and they're all better than your memory thinks they were then.

Compare what's available today across all marques with what you want and spend a lot of time driving the myriad of choices, then make your decision.

If you wait until next year, be prepared to repeat all that again at that time.

Don't over think this decision. Be happy with your choice.
    Hmmm.

I am a High Performance Driving Education (HPDE) instructor - I coach drivers on how to execute faster laps on race courses.

I frequently drive (in the USofA) above 150mph (at race tracks.)

I don't have religion for any particular marque.
    I've owned Jags, Toyotas, Fords, Hondas, Audis, Daimlers, BMWs, Chevys, Subarus, ... you name it.

Don't get a hard on about what your experience was even 3-5 years ago with a particular marque, that's all changed in recent years and they're all better than your memory thinks they were then.

Compare what's available today across all marques with what you want and spend a lot of time driving the myriad of choices, then make your decision.

If you wait until next year, be prepared to repeat all that again at that time.

Don't over think this decision. Be happy with your choice.
    I'm happy with my 911S Cab.  2008 and my everyday car.  Gets into traffic well. B)
  • 20stone20stone Posts: 1,500
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    F Pace R-Sport?   Need to try one of those.  

I have an X3 now, and owned BMWs for at least 20 years - along with some Audis, but not a recent model or SUV variant. (My Dad's got a Tiguan though, which is Q3 right?).   

Was not impressed with the driving experience of my daughters RR Sport,  in fact I preferred the Evoque she had before. 

What about a Maserati Levante?   A (any) bonkers Italian car is on my bucket list. 
    I'll apologise for the above 'old man' Jag comment then ......

Used Maseratis are cheap, if you can manage the occasional big bill. Used Alfas are even cheaper, nice 3 litre V6?
    Proper V6 sound, accompanied by bits falling off! The stuff of legend.   =)
    Best sounding car I've ever driven.  The straight pipe dumping under the car didn't hurt.  Transaxle rebuilds every race we're pricey, though.

LBGE since 2008 and a MM from 2016
    Karubeque C-60 Dishwasher (when time is no object)
    Owner of multiple large scale refrigeration devices (sometimes too many)
    Vertically integrated BBQ and charcuterie operator, for recreational use only
    Elicitor of secrets from goats through unconventional methods
    Sourdough bread enthusiast

Houston, TX

• 20stone20stone Posts: 1,500
    HeavyG said:

A co-worker was pulled doing 120mph-ish on an empty stretch of an interstate bypass in the wee hours of the morning in his BMW 3-something about 15 years ago. No alcohol involved; he was just returning from a weekend trip to D.C.

The judge gave him a $3000 fine and revoked his license for 6 months. He wasn't even allowed to just drive to/from work. We all thought that was pretty harsh but he didn't even try to contest it which might have been the wise move - don't really want to piss off the judge.
    That's why I'll never live in VA. 
    LBGE since 2008 and a MM from 2016
    Karubeque C-60 Dishwasher (when time is no object)
    Owner of multiple large scale refrigeration devices (sometimes too many)
    Vertically integrated BBQ and charcuterie operator, for recreational use only
    Elicitor of secrets from goats through unconventional methods
    Sourdough bread enthusiast

Houston, TX