Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Thanks fellows.

SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
Just wanted to take a minute to say thanks to everyone who called, texted and pm'd to see how I made out during the storm. It really means a lot when hundreds of people that you have never even met take the time to check in on you. 
Several that I have met checked in as well. But the number of total strangers (except from talking on the forum) was shocking. From coast to coast and even from over seas I received calls and texts checking in. 
In all seriousness, thank you all for your kindness and concern. Y'all are simply the best. Hope that everyone along the coast made out as well as I did. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Glad you’re well Scottie!  See you soon. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Good to hear Scotty. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Good to know!  I saw some flooding around Biloxi that looked pretty bad.

At the risk of getting too personal, how's your anus?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,707
    Glad all is well @SGH
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    It a very good thing that you are on 'Just this side of Biloxi.'

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• SGH
    EGGjlmh said:
    It a very good thing that you are on 'Just this side of Biloxi.'
    Agree. Everyone around me got hammered. The wind didn't even move the leaves in my yard. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Good to know!  I saw some flooding around Biloxi that looked pretty bad.

At the risk of getting too personal, how's your anus?
    Never to personal to inquire about ones anus. And to be honest, I'm glad that you asked. The ole anus is still sitting pretty, just "this side" of Biloxi, MS.  =)

Status- Standing by.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Glad you are alright Scottie.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Glad you're ok, it's been a crazy year for storms 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Great group who care for one of their own. Glad you and yours came out on top.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Definitely good to hear y'all are ok! @CigarCityEgger for sure, this has been a year. Hopefully there won't be anymore hurricanes that hit this year.
    LBGE
    AL
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Honestly, I think lots of people secretly enjoy your anus posts and were worried those might have stopped.  No way a hurricane hurts you.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    I just pictured you out on the Deere setting posts in the storm with unit 9 rolling smoke! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • SGH
    Legume said:
    Honestly, I think lots of people secretly enjoy your anus posts 
    To be perfectly honest, I have always thought this to be the case. Anus, to some degree is a taboo subject for some. It has been my goal to remove this taboo or stigma if you will. 
    On a serious note, of all the questions I get via text, phone call or PM, anus is in the top three. So the curiosity is definitely there. 

Status- Standing by.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Glad you and your anus came through it ok. ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Thought about you and @Thatgrimguy when I heard where the storm was. Glad to hear you’re safe. Hopefully Scott fared as well too. 
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • SGH
    Hopefully Scott fared as well too. 
    I spoke to him a few hours ago. He is sitting pretty just "that side" of Biloxi. 

Status- Standing by.

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    I didn’t realize you were in an affected area, glad your okay man! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Now I feel bad for not asking.  But to be honest I didn't even realize there was a storm in your neighbourhood. I would have to watch the news. What channel is CNN again?
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Geez now I feel dickish for not texting you Scottie. Glad everyone I know that was in Nate's path safely weathered the storm. :relieved:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Glad to read you fared well in the storm!

So, what were you smoking while sitting it out?  I can't see you letting any "idle" time go to waste.  A man's got to eat! =) 
    LBGE/Maryland
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Glad everything is good. See you at Brisket Camp in a couple weeks.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • SGH
    Geez now I feel dickish for not texting you Scottie. 
    Think nothing of it brother Husker. In the past you have called and texted as much as anyone. So you get a free pass this time ole buddy ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SloppyJoe
    SloppyJoe Posts: 406
    Hurricane winds can force debris into the most unusual places.  
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I wasn't worried about you Scottie as you're inland on high ground.  Still glad to have that confirmed good buddy.
    Didnt know you were affected brothaman and am glad youre Ok
  • You always had to option of hunkering down inside your Rtic 145 and waiting out the storm.  Way safer than the Yeti. 
    South Buffalo, New York
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    Thanks for the call Scottie!! My family fared pretty well. We loaded up the RV with our important pics, contracts, and most importantly our 2 baby girls and headed to Lafayette, LA and had smash burgers and hot dogs and played on the playground. It didn't even rain there. Headed back the next morning to no power but everything still cold in the fridge/freezer. Power was back in less than an hour from reporting it. 

In other words. We all good!!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Best thing that can happen to have a reliable infrastructure is the occasional tropical storm/hurricane.   That lets you fix the weak infrastructure a little at a time.   Look at this event as part of a long-term improvement.  

This is analogous to the severity of forest fires being mitigated by having occasional forest fires.