Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kelly's Epic Chili

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    Options
    Very nice! Great cook. I've experimented with that recipe a little. I add about twice the liquid and cook it for twice as long. The flavors really blend well together with the added cook time. 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    I love that recipe!! Best chili I've ever had.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Looks great!  I really have to give this recipe a shot!  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    thanks for sharing craig
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Very nice pot of grub. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    @Jeremiah was nice enough to invite me for a nice big bowl or two of his. It looks outstanding Craig, and one would have to assume it is awesome. But how does one really know?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    Options
    @Jeremiah was nice enough to invite me for a nice big bowl or two of his. It looks outstanding Craig, and one would have to assume it is awesome. But how does one really know?
    He was just hoping you'd bring wine. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    He was just hoping you'd bring wine. 
    He was hoping you'd bring good wine. FTFY
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    I'd like to throw out there that this recipe is amazing with a crappy brisket. It's a great way to use up a failed brisket. 

I almost feel like that beauty @Dyal_SC used is too nice!! 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Great looking grub .....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,759
    Options
    Awesome Looking Chili !!

Chili is just one of those things I struggle with, my achilles heel--seems I can follow a recipe to a T and still miss---then I can nail other things that some struggle with :s
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    It is my go to recipe for sure!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I hear it's really good. 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    I hear it's really good. 

• bgebrent
    Options
    I hear it's really good. 
    Might even win a cook off if you steal it. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I hear it's really good. 
    Award winning. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Craig, all jokes aside...that is a beautiful pot of chili. Had to get to the laptop to appreciate it. Nice work.

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    I held off all day. It's been tough. 
  • mEGG_My_Day
    Options
    That looks amazing!!!
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Beautiful cook. Making some myself this weekend. Thank you for sharing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SPRIGS
    SPRIGS Posts: 482
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Awesome Looking Chili !!

Chili is just one of those things I struggle with, my achilles heel--seems I can follow a recipe to a T and still miss---then I can nail other things that some struggle with :s
    I'm with you.  Chili is not strong point.  I finally came up with something last year after about 8-10 attempts that was not only serviceable but pretty darned good.  Can't find the recipe now!  Go figure.  I may have to try this one as it looks really good.  For those of you that have made it, any thoughts on including some chipotle peppers in adobo sauce?  I used that in my last few batches last year and they really added to the depth of flavor.  
    XL BGE
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    SPRIGS said:
    lkapigian said:
    Awesome Looking Chili !!

I'm with you.  Chili is not strong point.  I finally came up with something last year after about 8-10 attempts that was not only serviceable but pretty darned good.  Can't find the recipe now!  Go figure.  I may have to try this one as it looks really good.  For those of you that have made it, any thoughts on including some chipotle peppers in adobo sauce?  I used that in my last few batches last year and they really added to the depth of flavor.  
    Honestly, if you make this recipe, I would leave it as is without putting in the chipotle. That might complicate the flavor. 
  • SPRIGS
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    SPRIGS said:
    lkapigian said:
    Awesome Looking Chili !!

Honestly, if you make this recipe, I would leave it as is without putting in the chipotle. That might complicate the flavor. 
    Ok thanks!  Sounds good.  Think I will cut the recipe in half though as my wife doesn't like chili and the 2 kids still at home will maybe eat one bowl each.
    XL BGE
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    SPRIGS said:
    lkapigian said:
    Awesome Looking Chili !!

Nonsense.  I've made variants of this recipe a bunch of times, and chipotles in adobo make it even better.  Go easy though, depending on your audience, they get spicy quick.
    NOLA
  • SPRIGS
    Options
    For a half batch I was just thinking one pepper with a Tablespoon or so of adobo sauce.
    XL BGE
  • bgebrent
    Options
    SPRIGS said:
    For a half batch I was just thinking one pepper with a Tablespoon or so of adobo sauce.
    Like your thinking.  He doesn't have a clue.
  • MrA46221
    Options
    <wipes drool from chin> delicious!
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    SPRIGS said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    SPRIGS said:
    lkapigian said:
    Awesome Looking Chili !!

Ok thanks!  Sounds good.  Think I will cut the recipe in half though as my wife doesn't like chili and the 2 kids still at home will maybe eat one bowl each.
    It freezes really well too, so make a full batch and freeze half of it.  We'll use 2 cup storage containers, works great to grab one for lunch at the office.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD